Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Frazier is sticking to plan, which is Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1082408
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1082406
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082394
    It was 3.5 seconds at most.

And all you're really saying is that Mac got beat.

I agree, except that he basically let himself get beat by quitting.

Come on....the big fat Doodle obviously did what he thought was enough......and then he quit......just a tenth of a second too soon and Favre was hit as he threw that ball.

Favre can't CHOOSE exactly when to throw....he was watching a receiver and threw at the right time.

His pass protection failed.

And Favre got hurt because of it.
    McKinnie didn't quit on the play. McKinnie didn't quit on the play.

He took the guy as far into the backfield as he could and eventually got outran. He took the guy as far into the backfield as he could and eventually got outran.

He then gave a final shove in order to further remove the defensive player from Favre. He then gave a final shove in order to further remove the defensive player from Favre.

Favre held onto the ball for too long, the announcer even said it. Favre held onto the ball for too long, the announcer even said it.

It's the line's responsibility to protect the QB, but it's equally important for the QB to protect himself. It's the line's responsibility to protect the QB, but it's equally important for the QB to protect himself.

A wanna-be hero will make his offensive line look a lot worse than they really are. A wanna-be hero will make his offensive line look a lot worse than they really are.

He took the guy as far into the backfield as he could and eventually got outran. He took the guy as far into the backfield as he could and eventually got outran.

He then gave a final shove in order to further remove the defensive player from Favre. He then gave a final shove in order to further remove the defensive player from Favre.

Favre held onto the ball for too long, the announcer even said it. Favre held onto the ball for too long, the announcer even said it.
    It's the line's responsibility to protect the QB, but it's equally important for the QB to protect himself. It's the line's responsibility to protect the QB, but it's equally important for the QB to protect himself.

A wanna-be hero will make his offensive line look a lot worse than they really are. A wanna-be hero will make his offensive line look a lot worse than they really are.
    Ummm. Could you repeat the part about the thing?.......
    I thought I'd repeat each line individually and then the whole post again so it would really sink in for Infidel. Hopefully this strategy works and we can successfully communicate with him in the future. Maybe I'll even be able to teach him how to properly quote posts.

I may have made a major breakthrough.

Infidel, my bank account number is 11401550986, my pin is 9545. You can take as much as you want.

See he will interpret that as me saying. "I'm going to rob a bank today and I eat boogers." So I have nothing to worry about. Fortunately for me, I only wrote it once or I could be in some real financial trouble!

Edit: And for those of you who can understand what I write in this post, that is obviously not my real account number or pin, it is just a series of random numbers.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1082386
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082385
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1082377
    The pass protection failed when the ball is snapped at 13:43 and he's sacked at 13:38?
    Wow....Back to the Future all over again!!!k

The clock does tick down in football.

I mean American Football, by the way.

Each quarter is 15:00 and counts down to 00:00.

So 13:43(snap), 13:42, 13:41, 13:40, 13:39, 13:38(hit).
    ROTHFLMAO..........Mr. A, Office linebacker, getting schooled by the font of all wisdom that is the Infidel. :laugh: :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1082392
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082387
    Mr. Anderson said:

He had 4+ seconds to throw. The guy who hit him got taken 10 yards deep into the backfield by McKinnie and ran another 10 to hit Favre.

And leisurely walked back to the line? What's he supposed to do? Teleport 15 yards and save Favre from the hit?
    Again, Mac should have kept driving the guy the same way they were going.

Even a Doodle should be able to figure out that Favre wasn't going to be back there.

But Mac got winded with 8 yards of work, so he quit. Maybe it's in his union contract. Take a guy 8 yards and you get a break.....to hell with your QB.

Oh, and Favre had less than 3.5 seconds.....not much for a rollout.
    He couldn't have continued to drive the guy without holding him. The guy was faster than him, as most linebackers are faster than offensive linemen and he gave him a final shove. Putting him 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage. He took the guy out of the play, Favre brought him back in.

You simply cannot hold the ball for 4 seconds NFL team brings 5. ESPECIALLY on a rollout. If you're offensive line isn't sure where you are, but the defense can see you, they're at a disadvantage. The only way to stop a guy from escaping you laterally or backwards is to hold him. Rollouts can buy time in the NFL when you don't have a rookie RB making the most important block on a defensive end, or when you have a QB that can actually move.

I see 4 seconds to throw, that's enough. If anything, this is a coverage sack(despite not being a sack, so I guess it's a "coverage hit.") There was adequate time for him to get rid of the ball. He tried to do too much, again, and we paid the price, again. He's been making plays like this all season.
    Don't even try Mr. A, it will just fall on deaf ears.

On a side note, you know my feelings on Big Mac, but I actually thought he did a good job sticking with the guy to the back of the pocket and then, just as we was about to disengage, he shoved him even further.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1082410
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1082408

Come on....the big fat Doodle obviously did what he thought was enough......and then he quit......just a tenth of a second too soon and Favre was hit as he threw that ball.

Favre can't CHOOSE exactly when to throw....he was watching a receiver and threw at the right time.

Ummm. Could you repeat the part about the thing?.......
    I thought I'd repeat each line individually and then the whole post again so it would really sink in for Infidel. Hopefully this strategy works and we can successfully communicate with him in the future. Maybe I'll even be able to teach him how to properly quote posts.

I may have made a major breakthrough.

Infidel, my bank account number is 11401550986, my pin is 9545. You can take as much as you want.

See he will interpret that as me saying. "I'm going to rob a bank today and I eat boogers." So I have nothing to worry about. Fortunately for me, I only wrote it once or I could be in some real financial trouble!

Edit: And for those of you who can understand what I write in this post, that is obviously not my real account number or pin, it is just a series of random numbers.
    I was just giving you crap. That line was from Homer on a Simpsons episode that they use on KFAN once in a while.:P

Quick question, who do you think he was throwing it to, a guy deep or a guy on a crossing route?

Regardless, I'm not sure what is more funny, that you didn't know the clock ran down or that you think it took that long for the Noodle to go to a checkdown.

Yet again, your level of football knowledge absolutely amazes me.

OK, that one got me yelled at by the boss........"Hey, get off the web site".......LOL

Mr. A bringing the funny today. :laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1082410

Holy crap. I can't stop laughing. Honestly, I knew Mr. A knew football, however, I never saw the comedian in him.

Anyway, Mr. A, thanks. I was having a shitty start to my day and you made it all seem OK with those last few post.

Damn I love PPO.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1082276
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082256
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1082244
    Yes, that's the reason he holds onto the ball so long, not because receivers don't get open right? Even until now, i don't think we've had the same WR lineup for 3 straight weeks yet this season. Not trying to take the blame off Favre, but the WR's are not cutting it. Rice being back has helped.
    But see, for me, atleast, we've been sold a bill of goods that the Noodle made the WR's last year. Should it really matter who is in there if that is in fact the truth?

I guess I should blame the chuckleheads who touted that falacy instead of the broke down old man.
    Not quite.

Favre made the receivers last year, yes. But the receivers he made were Rice, Harvin, Shiancoe. With Rice missing half the year, Harvin banged up all the time, and Shiancoe missing somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle, he's trying to make guys like Camarillo, Lewis and Kliensasser. Hard to run an offense with those guys. When Harvin is healthy, he's a beast, and does well with Favre. Same with Rice. We've just been lacking any type of consistency from our receivers.

So yes, QB's can make receivers, but there needs to be some skill on the other end. Favre can't turn nobody's into somebody's, but last year, he made some good receivers look even better. Its a delicate balance of WR's make QB's, and QB's make WR's. QB's need some talent, but if it's there, good QB's can work wonders with that.

When your five OL can't block four pass rushers, it IS bad.
    But that is the problem. It isn't just 4 rushers for the most part. What we see on almost every down, leading upto the last two weeks, has been a stacked box with multiple rushers coming in the gaps on thier way to the spot the QB should be. If they find a RB on the way they get him. If they don't they just move onto the anticipated QB spot.
    I'll give you ONE example, first play I looked at.

The Favre hit. Vikes lined up in the gun, trips right, Shank on the left, AP to Favre's right.

Bills line up in what appears to be the 1-4-6, with one down lineman. All 4 LB's blitz, the DT runs a stunt to the right. Shiancoe and McKinnie both miss their blocks, AP was the only guy who actually held his man. Whoever was playing RG (Cook?) couldn't hold his man, forcing him outside, right where Favre was running. Favre had to cut inside, and got smoked by the LB who came all the way across the play around the Left Tackle for the big hit.
    Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4OmsTSutb0
    it's a bit blurry, but you can get the general idea.
    Heck, didn't it look better last week too? the playcalling helped tremendously, play action and rollouts made the pass protection look a hell of alot better than it really was.
    Of course it did. What is so mystifying is why it took so long for them to do it. Hate on the Chiller if you want, but I don't think his gameplan was to have the Noodle stand back there like a statue all season long.
    Well what was it then? Chilly spilled whiteout on his game sheet and couldn't figure out how to fix it? Or is it just coincidence that the moment Chilly leaves, the game plan seems to change drastically?
    If you really think about it the only logical explanation is that the ankle precluded him from doing until last week cause we saw alot of it last year.
    His ankle wasn't hurting him all season long.
    [strike]Two[/strike] Three comments....

1. The Video - I can't see the Video but I would probably see OLmen missing blitzers. I am not saying that isn't happening. I saying the OL is playing at just above league average. That means they miss blitzers but it isn't as bad as you Noodle lovers make it out to be.

Do you really think that any OL won't miss them once in awhile? I don't.

2. On the Chiller. Nope, what I think happened is that over time his ankle has healed enough to allow him to roll out. Makes more damn sense that a) the Chiller wouldn't let him and b) the whiteout explanation you just gave for cripes sake.

3. On the WR's. So as long as the WR's are Probowl caliber he can make them, but if they are average, typicall league kindof guys, he can't? Good thing the QB's running the Pats, Colts, Chiefs and Chargers don't have the Noodle.

WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1082378
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082375
    Bleed Purple said:

The Favre hit. Vikes lined up in the gun, trips right, Shank on the left, AP to Favre's right.

Bills line up in what appears to be the 1-4-6, with one down lineman. All 4 LB's blitz, the DT runs a stunt to the right. Shiancoe and McKinnie both miss their blocks, AP was the only guy who actually held his man. Whoever was playing RG (Cook?) couldn't hold his man, forcing him outside, right where Favre was running. Favre had to cut inside, and got smoked by the LB who came all the way across the play around the Left Tackle for the big hit.
    Here's the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4OmsTSutb0

Love the way that clip shows the total failure of pass protection......and the big Doodle Mac taking a break instead of completing his blocking assignment.
    I was trying to tell that to those who claimed the OL played great. McKinnie gives his guy one shove then turns & leisurely strolls back to the line with Shank next to him.
    First, who the hell has ever said the OL plays great?

Second, you keep touting that the OL is crap for years, I keep replying to you refuting that discussion point and all I get is crickets out of you.

Third, I can pull up a single vid (if I was at home) of great pass protection when TJ was in there and then contend the OL was great and I would be just as wrong as trying to use one clip to justify they are bad for cripes sake.

Again, thats not what I am saying. Our OL problems can be traced to what the defenses learned from the Aints in the NFCC game.

The Noodle isn't very mobile.
    All you have to do is flood the gaps (probably what the Vid is showing).
    As you flood the gaps on your way to the statue QB and you meet a RB tackle him.
    If you don't meet a RB you sack the QB.
    It isn't always a OLmens responsibility to cover all guys in those gaps.
    RB's/FB's and TE's have a role as well.

My guess, I will hear Crickets from you again on this. Thats OK, I will keep trying to explain it to you........

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082207
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1082113
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" [quote
    We all know one player they don't appear to believe in anymore.
    That is the dumbest shit I have ever heard.
    Thats it? The great defender of the Noodle comes up with......"Dumb Shit".

LOL. I expected more out of ya. Am I finally wearing you down? :laugh:
    There is nothing else to say on it. You have no evidence or proof. These guys don't blame Favre. THEY WENT DOWN TO GET HIS ASS!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast