Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Frazier is sticking to plan, which is Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1082122
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082074
    This is the kind of thing, though, that builds team unity and chemistry. The fact that the Vikings can believe in one player and he comes through for them.
    We all know one player they don't appear to believe in anymore.

The week before against the Redskins, after Peterson injured his ankle, there was a discussion at halftime if the Vikings should stick with the game plan behind Toby Gerhart or let Brett Favre try to win the game. Center John Sullivan approached Frazier and encouraged him to keep running the ball. Frazier decided not to deviate from the plan.
    Atleast the Center doesn't. He would rather give the ball to Toby instead of the Noodle. My guess, thier tired of trying to protect his old gimp ass.

Frazier told me the Vikings want to get back to being the team they were in 2008, and youíre seeing it the last two weeks. That was a team that ran the ball in a physical way and relied on Peterson (who had his best season with 1,760 yards) because they didnít have a quarterback they could rely on.
    Hmmmmmmmm, even the HC seems to believe they are better off doing business the way we did prior to the Noodles arrival.

Frazier is sticking to plan, which is Peterson

Coach Frazier, if you by some small miracle, pull this off by relying on AD and limiting the damage the Noodle can do, as you try to win following the owners mandate to keep the streak alive, I will be a fan forever.

That will/would be one hell of a coaching job.
    I think they're trying to make life easier for that "one player." By sticking with Peterson and simplifying the offense.

Let make great players make plays and watch the wins pile up.
    I hear ya my friend, problem is, why are we making things easier for what a select few (thier numbers are dwindelling) believe is the second coming?

If you have a whole team working to make a certain players life easier you are really messing up and will probably wind up loosing in that effort.

Ohhhhh wait, maybe thats why we are loosing this season. LOL......JK, couldn't resist that last little jab. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1082123
    This is the kind of thing, though, that builds team unity and chemistry. The fact that the Vikings can believe in one player and he comes through for them.

Madieu Williams?

The week before against the Redskins, after Peterson injured his ankle, there was a discussion at halftime if the Vikings should stick with the game plan behind Toby Gerhart or let Brett Favre try to win the game. Center John Sullivan approached Frazier and encouraged him to keep running the ball. Frazier decided not to deviate from the plan.
    Atleast the Center doesn't. He would rather give the ball to Toby instead of the Noodle. My guess, thier tired of trying to protect his old gimp ass.
    The center knew he didn't stand a chance at sustaining a block long enough to give the QB time so he lobbied the coach to stich to something he had a better chance of accomplishing:laugh:

Frazier told me the Vikings want to get back to being the team they were in 2008, and youíre seeing it the last two weeks. That was a team that ran the ball in a physical way and relied on Peterson (who had his best season with 1,760 yards) because they didnít have a quarterback they could rely on.
    Hmmmmmmmm, even the HC seems to believe they are better off doing business the way we did prior to the Noodles arrival.

Coach Frazier, if you by some small miracle, pull this off by relying on AD and limiting the damage the Noodle can do, as you try to win following the owners mandate to keep the streak alive, I will be a fan forever.

Considering the poor job the OL has been doing in pass protection and not knowing who they are going to have healthy at WR on any given Sunday what other choice does he really have?

Seems the OL does pretty good with TJ behind it. Hell, we saw the best production at WR (2 TDs 105yds) and finally got to see AD break a long one for a TD.

Do you think he is going to make some stupid Childress statement like "We have Hank Baskett? LMAO.
    This is a hack on the Noodle thread. Not a hack on the Chiller thread although I have to admit, that was well played.:P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1082124

I think they're trying to make life easier for that "one player." By sticking with Peterson and simplifying the offense.

Sounds simple enough :P

Really though it all should go through him.. Gotta have some balance but clearly he is a frickin freak and should get a TON of touches
    I wonder who is happier to see the Noodle taking a back seat......

a. Marrdro
    b. AD
    c. The OL
    d. The WR's especially the ones who run deep routes
    e. TJ.
    f. All of the above.

Anyway, I think the participation in this thread is a prime example that there are very few PPO'rs who are willing to come to the Noodles defense anymore either.

LOL, how sad they would throw thier hero under the bus that quick.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082214

Really though it all should go through him.. Gotta have some balance but clearly he is a frickin freak and should get a TON of touches

a. Marrdro
    b. AD
    c. The OL
    e. TJ.
    f. All of the above.

Anyway, I think the participation in this thread is a prime example that there are very few PPO'rs who are willing to come to the Noodles defense anymore either.

This hero you speak of is one busted up old man at this point that would probably be better off physically if he was only run over by a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by "tastywaves" #1082220

a. Marrdro
    b. AD
    c. The OL
    e. TJ.
    f. All of the above.

This hero you speak of is one busted up old man at this point that would probably be better off physically if he was only run over by a bus.
    To quote my good friend Caine, ........"Sounds like an excuse to me"....JK. :laugh:

All in all, it really makes one wonder why the team is so adement about running said hero onto the field if he is in that bad of shape especially when you saw your team carry another kid who basically isn't in that bad of shape who, by the way, really didn't look that bad.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

The Favre debate is moot.

Favre is probably done for the season due to Mac's lazy play when he quit on pass defense.

As to the premise of this thread (that Peterson is the plan).....that premise is invalid.

The plan is to play each opponent as they come along and some will be more vulnerable to the run, some will be more vulnerable to the pass--but both pass and run are REQUIRED to win.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082212

Madieu Williams?

The center knew he didn't stand a chance at sustaining a block long enough to give the QB time so he lobbied the coach to stich to something he had a better chance of accomplishing:laugh:

Considering the poor job the OL has been doing in pass protection and not knowing who they are going to have healthy at WR on any given Sunday what other choice does he really have?

Seems the OL does pretty good with TJ behind it. Hell, we saw the best production at WR (2 TDs 105yds) and finally got to see AD break a long one for a TD.

Do you think he is going to make some stupid Childress statement like "We have Hank Baskett? LMAO.
    This is a hack on the Noodle thread. Not a hack on the Chiller thread although I have to admit, that was well played.:P
    Are you watching the same OL everyone else was?

They didn't play better, they LOOKED better, because TJ can move and buy time. But they didn't play any better this week.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

More like tired of beating the same dead horse over and over again. There's only so long you can "discuss" the same thing constantly, before all parties involved grow tired of it, then you claim to be the victor.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1082238
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082212

Madieu Williams?

Are you watching the same OL everyone else was?

They didn't play better, they LOOKED better, because TJ can move and buy time. But they didn't play any better this week.
    I think your point is tracking with what alot of us are saying.

Our OL plays fine. Statistically they are playing above the league avg (I posted that two weeks ago). Thier problem is they are trying to protect a guy who is not indecisive with the ball and very immobile.

Mix that in with some minor issues with passing assignments/execution by the RB/FB position and things look bad.

If you, as you said, put a guy in there who can extend a play or is willing to get rid of the ball quicker to checkdowns, the OL play will look alot better. Again, as you and alot of us have said.

In short. I agree.:laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1082239

More like tired of beating the same dead horse over and over again. There's only so long you can "discuss" the same thing constantly, before all parties involved grow tired of it, then you claim to be the victor.
    .......snicker..........

Then I am wearing you down. Guess what, it will all be over in 4 short games. Then we can get back to good ole PPO when we talked about fun things like football instead of some broke dick ole has been. You know, the guy I affectionately refer to as the Noodle. :laugh:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast