Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Frazier: Patterson Not Starter

Anyways Patterson looks good and we should be excited about that. He will eventually be a starter. Probably sooner than later. We know Cassel can get him the ball. Hopefully Ponder can.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Anyways Patterson looks good and we should be excited about that. He will eventually be a starter. Probably sooner than later. We know Cassel can get him the ball. Hopefully Ponder can.
    And since almost everyone likes Patterson, we are allowed to talk about how good he's looking without someone claiming we can't use any of what we saw to judge him because "It's only preseason for crying out loud!"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    And since almost everyone likes Patterson, we are allowed to talk about how good he's looking without someone claiming we can't use any of what we saw to judge him because "It's only preseason for crying out loud!"
    The reference, I'm assuming you are calling me out, was regarding my opinion of not making too much of Frazier's point to not designate Patterson a starter after 1 game of preseason. I stand by that opinion.

I also feel that whereas preseason doesn't count, it certainly matters...and, am anxious to see all of our rookies contribute. Patterson has a chance to be a great player, but, I'm not gonna get worked up if he's not starting right now.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    The reference, I'm assuming you are calling me out, was regarding my opinion of not making too much of Frazier's point to not designate Patterson a starter after 1 game of preseason. I stand by that opinion.

I also feel that whereas preseason doesn't count, it certainly matters...and, am anxious to see all of our rookies contribute. Patterson has a chance to be a great player, but, I'm not gonna get worked up if he's not starting right now.
    Nope, not singling you out & it has nothing to do with designating Patterson a starter after 1 game of preseason.

Both here and on other places I've visited, when a player fans like is doing poorly in preseason they defend him to the teeth claiming that it's only preseason & nothing to worry about.

Yet, when a player fans like is doing really well in preseason they talk about how good he is going to be & they can't wait for the season to begin. You don't hear them saying "don't get excited about their good performance & don't put any stock into it because it's only a preseason game".

You will however, hear hear them say "don't get excited about their good performance & don't put any stock into it because it's only a preseason game" if it's a player they don't like that's doing good.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post

Nope, not singling you out & it has nothing to do with designating Patterson a starter after 1 game of preseason.

Both here and on other places I've visited, when a player fans like is doing poorly in preseason they defend him to the teeth claiming that it's only preseason & nothing to worry about.

Yet, when a player fans like is doing really well in preseason they talk about how good he is going to be & they can't wait for the season to begin. You don't hear them saying "don't get excited about their good performance & don't put any stock into it because it's only a preseason game".

You will however, hear hear them say "don't get excited about their good performance & don't put any stock into it because it's only a preseason game" if it's a player they don't like that's doing good.
    Gotcha. Well, as excited as I am about Patterson, Rhodes, Floyd, and our Penn St duo, I'm growing less optimistic about Ponder...and, I agree with you and some others that he probably should have played more in so far this preseason. Won't second guess too much now, but, I think it's inevitable that he shits the bed and Cassel will be called on...hopefully I'm wrong.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456