Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    It's Preseason Game #2 for the love of God... Is this seriously a point to complain about at this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Thank you.
    Yeah! Why should we worry now. We should at least wait until week 2 of the regular season before trying to fix problems.

Who wants our team to actually start firing on all cylinders and playing well together before the regular season anyways? It's only the Lions for cripes sake. We can start working on gelling as a team then.

*sarcasm off*
    I posted that when all y'all (for the most part) were jumping off a cliff after 1 preseason game with two throws. I am skeptical about Ponder's ability to be a quality starter, something I thought he could actually be, but, I'm not jumping off a cliff yet. Too late to fix it now, as I've said, when he shits the bed in the regular season, Cassel will be put in...which, I'm not sure is much better.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    I posted that when all y'all (for the most part) were jumping off a cliff after 1 preseason game with two throws. I am skeptical about Ponder's ability to be a quality starter, something I thought he could actually be, but, I'm not jumping off a cliff yet. Too late to fix it now, as I've said, when he shits the bed in the regular season, Cassel will be put in...which, I'm not sure is much better.
    All these comments about "It's only 1 preseason game" are completely missing the point... isn't the season 2-3 weeks away? Isn't the the time we SHOULD BE PAYING ATTENTION TO PERSONNEL DECISIONS THE TEAM IS MAKING?

I mean, what am I missing? We're just supposed to itch our butts and sit here? Sorry for paying attention and having an opinion on my favorite team. I suppose I should just sit here and let beer dribble down my chin like the rest of you?

Now is the time to comment on personnel decisions. If you disagree, go back to watching Judge Joe Brown.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Wait!? Judge Joe Brown is on? BRB. *wipes beer from chin* **burp**

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHorns82 View Post
    Wait!? Judge Joe Brown is on? BRB. *wipes beer from chin* **burp**
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Yeah! Why should we worry now. We should at least wait until week 2 of the regular season before trying to fix problems.

Who wants our team to actually start firing on all cylinders and playing well together before the regular season anyways? It's only the Lions for cripes sake. We can start working on gelling as a team then.

*sarcasm off*
    I don't think "we" are going to fix any of the Vikings problems anyway.
    The coaching staff did a pretty good job of fixing our problems last year. Let's see how they do again this year.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Shoot. I got dragged into it too. I was going to mention, I read through a couple of pages of this thread and did not see any mention of Patterson.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    I will just add that the, "Um, we did not know they would blitz from exotic packages in the preseason," attempt at an excuse is a faulty premise. Some teams use the preseason to actually practice plays and packages against NFL competition. The Vikings should have been using max protection, quick slants, and other plays designed to make the defense pay for such gameplanning. Not to do so was allowing the offense to play faulty football without learning all that much about how well our own gameplans work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

OK Where is Mr Woo?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I don't think "we" are going to fix any of the Vikings problems anyway.
    The coaching staff did a pretty good job of fixing our problems last year. Let's see how they do again this year.
    I'm guessing they'll send AD & Walsh out there again. Same as last year.

Of course they are going to have to somehow also account for Ponders decline in QBR from 86.6 to 28.3.
    Last edited by singersp; 08-20-2013 at 06:55 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    All these comments about "It's only 1 preseason game" are completely missing the point... isn't the season 2-3 weeks away? Isn't the the time we SHOULD BE PAYING ATTENTION TO PERSONNEL DECISIONS THE TEAM IS MAKING?

I mean, what am I missing? We're just supposed to itch our butts and sit here? Sorry for paying attention and having an opinion on my favorite team. I suppose I should just sit here and let beer dribble down my chin like the rest of you?

Now is the time to comment on personnel decisions. If you disagree, go back to watching Judge Joe Brown.
    Judge Joe Brown? WTF are you talking about? I'm gonna hunker down in my bunker so I don't get crushed by the sky falling.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast