Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55
  1. #11
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,499
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    It's Preseason Game #2 for the love of God... Is this seriously a point to complain about at this time?
    Yes, it is... but that's only because I've been paying attention the past 5 or 20 season.

    How is it not a valid question? I'm still wondering why Jerome Simpson is considered a starter?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #12
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,773
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Why designate Simpson as a starter at all? What has he done to earn that?
    Judging from the guys behind him it probably has to do with the fact he has 2-3 years of NFL experience at that position....that stuff probably shows up on the practise field and in the classroom, since I'm not there for those things and the coaches are it seems like a likely guess on my part

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    It's Preseason Game #2 for the love of God... Is this seriously a point to complain about at this time?
    Thank you.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    Culpepper_4717's Avatar
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    595
    Last time I checked you get more snaps being a string rather than being a starter in the preseason.. Would you have rather have him in for ponders short and rather embarrassing opening drives and call it a day because he's a "starter" or let the kid stay out there get some experience?
    Last edited by Culpepper_4717; 08-16-2013 at 04:40 PM.

  5. #15
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,552
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Yes, it is... but that's only because I've been paying attention the past 5 or 20 season.

    How is it not a valid question? I'm still wondering why Jerome Simpson is considered a starter?
    I'm 51 years old, I've been a Vikings fan since I can remember, which, by family and personal account, is 46 fucking years...so, you are barking up the wrong tomato plant.

    It is, after 1 fucking preseason game, an invalid question.
    in·val·id
    : not valid:
    a : being without foundation or force in fact, truth, or law <an invalid assumption> <declared the will invalid>
    b : logically inconsequent
    — in·val·id·ly adverb

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  6. #16
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Frazier: Patterson Not Starter

    It is a valid question and it doesn't matter how long you have been a fan. I think it is bullshit that Ponder is named the starter. I think Cassel should get equal time with the "starters". Ponder looks bad. He is not an NFL starter. He has no vision and no confidence. Just ask Jennings.

  7. #17
    Randy Moss's Avatar
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    It is a valid question and it doesn't matter how long you have been a fan. I think it is bullshit that Ponder is named the starter. I think Cassel should get equal time with the "starters". Ponder looks bad. He is not an NFL starter. He has no vision and no confidence. Just ask Jennings.
    But he's clearly better than Cassel

  8. #18
    Culpepper_4717's Avatar
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    But he's clearly better than Cassel
    True, ponder can at least recover a botched snap

  9. #19
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,552
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    It is a valid question and it doesn't matter how long you have been a fan. I think it is bullshit that Ponder is named the starter. I think Cassel should get equal time with the "starters". Ponder looks bad. He is not an NFL starter. He has no vision and no confidence. Just ask Jennings.
    Wait, this thread is about Ponder and Cassel?

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  10. #20
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    It is a valid question and it doesn't matter how long you have been a fan. I think it is bullshit that Ponder is named the starter. I think Cassel should get equal time with the "starters". Ponder looks bad. He is not an NFL starter. He has no vision and no confidence. Just ask Jennings.
    Wait, this thread is about Ponder and Cassel?
    It is about naming starters. So yes.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •