Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Frazier Out

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    Yes, he didn't draft Ponder, but kept playing him even though it was clear Cassel was better.

He didn't realize Patterson was a player, until the season was over?

21-33-1 in three-plus seasons

Cover two scheme?

He brought in Musgrave and Williams...Terrible coordinators
    Ultimately, Frazier is out because of many poor decisions, as ConnecticutViking points out.

1) Sticking with Ponder too long this year. Yes, Cassel isn't the second coming of Brady or Manning, but, he's damn sure better than Ponder. Yes, Spielman drafted Ponder, but, he also signed Cassel this year, playing time is the coaches decision, bad decision, 2) Staying loyal to veterans that "worked hard" (Simpson, Mitchell) vs. giving talented rookies or FA adds (Bishop) bigger roles. Floyd should have been on the field much more than he was, ditto Rhodes, and, obviously, Patterson. Frankly, Cole's play when Henderson was dealing with his stupidity even begs questioning, several bad decisions, 3) Hiring Alan Williams as DC…very bad decision. Musgrave hiring…I will give it a C. Perhaps with a QB (as Singer has pointed out), the playbook would have opened a bit. Gotta give him some credit for the creativity he showed in getting Harvin the ball and, ultimately, FINALLY, Patterson, the ball.

I don't think promoting Frazier was the wrong move when it was made. That said, the way the Wilfs have handled this has been worthy of Benny Hill music.

Through it all, Coach Frazier has handled it with class, respect, and dignity. He's obviously a highly regarded coach and person, but, he is probably best suited to be a DC. Best of luck Coach Frazier, I hope the future is great for you.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Vikings will look far and wide for next head coach - TwinCities.com

In the last video clip on this article you can hear Spielman's take on the QB blunders. Says it his responsibility, takes the hit on the past failures to find a franchise QB and says he depends heavily on his head coach, offensive coordinator and QB's coach for input. Sounds about right to me.

He also makes it pretty clear that the next HC hired will be his decision...although I'm sure Zygi and Mark will need to approve.

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Goodbye Frazier. Good luck.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

agree

Wilf is a scumbag
    None

Frazier Out

Like 313 Zoe says its gonna take money lots of it for someone to coach the Vikes.
    Outside in a collage stadium for 2 yrs.
    not a stable situation .
    None

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234