Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frazier Out

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    R.i.p. 2013
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Spielman did well last draft, let's hope he has the same magic this year. Also, since we are sticking with Spielman, let's also hope he gets a lot of input on a coach HE wants to push his vision forward.

If we still suck, then its time to fire everyone and start over. As much as I LOVED watching the Vikings win the last few weeks (minus the Bengals debacle), I had a sinking feeling for next year. So let's also throw in hope that those wins don't come back to haunt us.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Well, we got what we wanted. Remains to be seen if it will mark a new era.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    6 head coaches have now fallen. General consensus remains, that MN will not be the first place the top candidates will want to go. Another unproven coordinator in the makings?

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Les was a scapegoat. His only big mistake in my eyes was continuing to back Christian Ponder. But that's the kind of guy he is. He will stand up for any of his players and that speaks a lot for his character. Unfortunately, character doesn't always win championships. But I believe this has been Rick Spielman's fault all along. Although he has drafted a lot of playmakers, his attempts to address the QB position have been completely laughable. A circus to say the least. The pressure is on, Rick! Shit or get off the pot.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    Personally, I think this is the right move. The lack of commitment to finding a top-quality quarterback, combined with the poor play of the pass defense, makes this move necessary in my opinion. That being said, I wish Leslie Frazier the very best going forward. I think he has value as a defensive coordinator or defensive backs coach.
    Why is it his job to be the one committed to finding a top quality QB? If tha is the problem Spielman should be the one shit canned.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Frazier deserved to be fired whether he was taking the fall for Spielman or not. The fact that he backed Ponder to no end when everyone else in the world knew that Ponder was a joke was the last straw. You can't win in this league consistently with a bad QB, sorry.

The fact that this defense was god awful despite having some very good players tells me that they were under coached, and that falls on the HC. This cover 2 defense is horrible, but we have been stuck with it the past 9 years and I hope like hell it disappears for good now that Frazier is gone.

Whoever they hire next to be the HC will have his work cut out for him. This team needs so many pieces, and I don't believe it will be a turnaround quite like the world saw with Reid and the Chiefs this year. The Vikings need DL, DB's (Badly) new systems, a QB or two, and the list could go on.

The next thing the Wilf's need to do is get rid of Spielman. Bring in someone that is proven and can get the best results out of this team. Spielman messed up the Dolphins, and even had a hand in rough times with the Bears, so why did he ever get this job? Hopefully some good times are ahead with the new HC, new system, and new QB. Hopefully with the end of the Metrodome comes a new era in Minnesota football, a era that will bring us fortune instead of misery for a change.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Why is it his job to be the one committed to finding a top quality QB? If tha is the problem Spielman should be the one shit canned.
    Outside of Dallas, I find it hard to believe that the HC isn't heavily involved in the selection of a QB in the draft.

Frazier had a number of quotes when Ponder was selected saying why they thought he was the right choice for MN. I realize he had to be positive, but I also believe he bought into him being the right choice.

However, the hire is ultimately Spielman's and he needs to be held accountable more than anyone else. Since Rick is still here, hopefully he can surround himself with the right personnel to make sure they get it right next time. I don't think anyone expects Spielman to be a QB guru (or any GM), but he is responsible for putting together the team to identify the right QB. Frazier was one of those guys in the past, he didn't help.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    People can blame the QB situation all they want... we had the 31st ranked defense this year.

Our "Defensive Minded" coach might be a great guy personally, but he is not fit to be the head coach of an NFL team. He was in way over his head.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Outside of Dallas, I find it hard to believe that the HC isn't heavily involved in the selection of a QB in the draft.

Frazier had a number of quotes when Ponder was selected saying why they thought he was the right choice for MN. I realize he had to be positive, but I also believe he bought into him being the right choice.

However, the hire is ultimately Spielman's and he needs to be held accountable more than anyone else. Since Rick is still here, hopefully he can surround himself with the right personnel to make sure they get it right next time. I don't think anyone expects Spielman to be a QB guru (or any GM), but he is responsible for putting together the team to identify the right QB. Frazier was one of those guys in the past, he didn't help.
    I agree Spielman needs to find the right QB, but Spielman was not the GM when ponder was picked, was he? I thought he was just named GM before the 2012 draft. TOA prior to that. I do recall the Vikings making a frantic effort to trade up in the Ponder draft when Gabbert was still Available, but were unable to make it happen. Probably would not have been any different, but Ponder was not their first choice.
    An equally important choice for Spielman is his pick for head coach. It is usually a crap shoot, but I hope he gets it right
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast