Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Frazier - Our Coach

Folks, I've watched the Pressers on vikings.com, startribune.com, twincities.com, etc. Gotta tell you, I'm impressed with the attentiveness, openness, the genuine person, and, really, his approach to leading.

Leslie Frazier is going to be a tremendous HC in my opinion. We are going to need to be patient, but, I think he may be the HC that brings us a Super Bowl...certainly not this year, not suggesting that. But, I just appreciate his approach.

Thoughts on our new Head Coach?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Re: Frazier - Our Coach

I like him a lot.
    SB this year.

The biggest thing he's got going for him is he's not a bald headed jackass named Brad Childress. Everything else is icing on the cake.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he does well.

I real feel he is going to be behind the 8 ball on this one though because he is not getting the ability to add personnel like the last coach did and the owner is not going to go to any length to get talent like he did for the last coach so he will need to be able to get better production from marginal talent in order to succeed.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I feel the same, I like Leslie Frazier more and more. He's the type of guy I would like to play for, and I think the Vikings players thinks the same.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I really hope that he does a better job of head-coaching than he did at D-Cordinator. I was never really impressed with the job he did at that position.

Don't get me wrong........I'm in total support....I'm just not convinced he was the right choice. I hope I am wrong.

I would rather have gotten Mariucci. :P

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I remember several fans thinking highly of Childress too. Here's one of them;

Quote Originally Posted by "mr.woo" #289133
    saaaaweeeeeet

geting brad is one of the best things that can happen
    Jury's still out for me. If he rests our starters in the final preseason game like clueless did, he'll move to the negative side of the Frazier meter instantly.

Some people are expecting SB out him this year. Great expectations usually leads to great disappointments. Being Vikings fans for years has taught us that.

Show me something on the field to get me excited about our chances. Show me you have your team motivated, enthused to play & giving 100% out on the field of play. Then I'll sing you praises.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104937

saaaaweeeeeet

Jury's still out for me. If he rests our starters in the final preseason game like clueless did, he'll move to the negative side of the Frazier meter instantly.

Some people are expecting SB out him this year. Great expectations usually leads to great disappointments. Being Vikings fans for years has taught us that.

Show me something on the field to get me excited about our chances. Show me you have your team motivated, enthused to play & giving 100% out on the field of play. Then I'll sing you praises.
    At the time Brad was one of the most highly sought after HC candidates, and not just by the Vikings. I was never overly excited about him but for a dumb reason - I didn't' like his personality.

Now in hind sight it appears that his personality may have been on of his biggest downfalls aside from being a stubborn dumb ass on the sideline.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

saaaaweeeeeet

Mr. Woo wasn't the only one. I read through the original thread when he was hired. There was many a PPO poster that was ecstatic by his signing. There was also a glowing endorsement by Bud Grant.

Now one year later, after going 6-10, it was a different story.

A Childress quote from one of his first presser's after being announced:

"There are a lot of different ways to win a football game," Childress says. "You have to be open-minded. Innovate and adjust, play to the tools you have. We've done that here. We have different personnel now than we had in the past. You need to utilize what you have."
    Just saying.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "tastywaves" #1104962

saaaaweeeeeet

Mr. Woo wasn't the only one. I read through the original thread when he was hired. There was many a PPO poster that was ecstatic by his signing. There was also a glowing endorsement by Bud Grant.

Now one year later, after going 6-10, it was a different story.

A Childress quote from one of his first presser's after being announced:

"There are a lot of different ways to win a football game," Childress says. "You have to be open-minded. Innovate and adjust, play to the tools you have. We've done that here. We have different personnel now than we had in the past. You need to utilize what you have."

Just saying.
    He must have said that before vetting it with Marty because he would have set him straight on that failed idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast