singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Frazier offers up a history lesson

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I'm getting real tired of the Vikings being the whipping boy for the Bears and Packers. They've beaten us like rented mules for the most part for several years. Time to get this turned around or clean house.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    The history lesson says the Vikings lose at Lamblow. History says that despite the Packers giving up more sacks than any other team this season, the Vikings will get none or maybe one. History says the Vikings will get behind early and get trounced.
    The Vikings will have to play a mistake free game for the most part, and someone will have to step up big in order to rewrite history.
    This team had a chance to take control of the NFCN last week and failed to even be competitive.
    They have a chance to get solidly into the wild card race by winning this week, but I don't think they are a good enough team yet.
    Hope they prove me wrong.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    The history lesson says the Vikings lose at Lamblow. History says that despite the Packers giving up more sacks than any other team this season, the Vikings will get none or maybe one. History says the Vikings will get behind early and get trounced.
    The Vikings will have to play a mistake free game for the most part, and someone will have to step up big in order to rewrite history.
    This team had a chance to take control of the NFCN last week and failed to even be competitive.
    They have a chance to get solidly into the wild card race by winning this week, but I don't think they are a good enough team yet.
    Hope they prove me wrong.
    Yea, lets hope history has no say in this one. MN 5-1 at home this year, 1-4 on the road. Throw a pissed off GB team, no Percy and our Lambeau woes on top of it and it could be an ugly game.

Then again it is the NFL, where anything can and usually does happen. Hope MN can give them a run on Sunday but would be pretty shocked if we do.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    I think New York awoke a sleeping giant.

Packers 41
    Vikings 10

Without Harvin and an offense that too-heavily leans on Peterson we are all too predictable. Our receivers have proven (quite admirably last week, might I add) that they cannot catch a cold and our defensive line has been unable to get pressure on the quarterback. Not to mention our recent struggles going to Green Bay add up to a huge blowout in favor of the Packers.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    What a bunch of negative Nancy fans .... stop with the negative vibes ... ever hear of a self fulfilling prophecy .... the hell with history!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbzz View Post
    I think New York awoke a sleeping giant.

Packers 41
    Vikings 10

Without Harvin and an offense that too-heavily leans on Peterson we are all too predictable. Our receivers have proven (quite admirably last week, might I add) that they cannot catch a cold
    We were predictable with Harvin. While our receivers, primarily Simpson who had the bulk of the drops (who doesn't impress me at all) didn't bring it last week, we know from the Lions game that they can, with a few exceptions, catch the ball. We had drops, but we also had bad passes that couldn't be caught. Even the Bears dropped balls last week. We only had 40 less receiving yards than the Bears. Rushing was equal.

Lions game;

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
    J. Wright 3 65 1 54
    K. Rudolph 7 64 1 20T
    D. Aromashodu 1 31 0 31
    J. Simpson 3 28 0 17
    T. Gerhart 2 15 0 10
    M. Jenkins 2 12 0 8
    J. Carlson 1 11 0 11
    J. Felton 1 5 0 5
    A. Peterson 3 5 0 6

Bears game;

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
    K. Rudolph 5 55 1 25
    J. Wright 7 49 0 12
    A. Peterson 6 30 0 9
    M. Jenkins 2 17 0 13
    J. Carlson 1 7 0 7
    J. Simpson 1 1 0 1

I think we need to sit Simpson & start Wright. It would be nice to trade Simpson away for a pack of Zingers or Twinkies, but with the current state of Hostess, the latter are now more valuable.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-01-2012 at 06:43 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"