Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Frazier as Head Coach; Favre as Offensive Coord.?

I'll point out the obvious and say why the hell would Favre want to coach?

The dude has more money than he knows what to do with, and over the past few years, training camp/practice has become a chore for him. Mark my words, he won't be a coach.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Is this another fire chilly thread in disguise?

Also....
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

The dude has more money than he knows what to do with, and over the past few years, training camp/practice has become a chore for him. Mark my words, he won't be a coach.
    I agree, but not fully. I doubt him stepping into the coaching roll right away in the NFL, but it kind of makes sense. He likes the team. He loves being around the game and the guys and the team. And if he is to do it, it might have to be right away while he is still sharp. But the issue is we do not have someone he can work with. Both Jackson and Webb are mobile (and are terrible). We would have to draft/trade for someone similar to him. Strong arm, pocket passer.

Coaching kids works for him. Can you imagine finding a high school kid and grooming him ready for the NFL?
    We're bringing purple back.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Glad someone finally said it. Favre will not want to coach. At all.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

V-Unit wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Why is the noodle becoming a popular nickname? hahaa
    Because he looked like he was trying to skip stones to receivers on Thursday versus throwing footballs?

Because my 3 year old could have thrown the ball with more velocity then he was on Thursday?

Because Joe Montana throwing the ball into the parking lot in the commercial would have been better than Brett Favre underthrowing the deep routes by 10 yards on Thursday?
    Seriously?

Favre may have lacked accuracy, and he may have been rusty with his WR timing, but he was throwing LASERS.

First pass to Shank. LASER
    Berrian's drop. LASER
    The TD pass to Shank. LASER
    Pass behind Greg Lewis. LASER
    Pass in front of Harvin. LASER
    Camarillo's catch. LASER
    Camarillo's drop. LASER

-V-

+1

I've seen like 5 different people call him "Noodle" it's the most dumb and most unwarranted nickname ever given to anyone

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

V4L wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Because he looked like he was trying to skip stones to receivers on Thursday versus throwing footballs?

Because my 3 year old could have thrown the ball with more velocity then he was on Thursday?

Because Joe Montana throwing the ball into the parking lot in the commercial would have been better than Brett Favre underthrowing the deep routes by 10 yards on Thursday?
    Seriously?

Favre may have lacked accuracy, and he may have been rusty with his WR timing, but he was throwing LASERS.

Berrian's drop. LASER
    Camarillo's catch. LASER
    Camarillo's drop. LASER

-V-

+1

I've seen like 5 different people call him "Noodle" it's the most dumb and most unwarranted nickname ever given to anyone
    I take umbrage with that comment. Just because its thrown hard doesn't make it a good throw. Alot of guys running around can throw it hard. TJ throws harder than he does, by all accounts. Its all about accuracy.

Hell, he even got picked in his new bluejeans commerical for cripes sake.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

BleedinPandG wrote:
    V4L wrote:

LMFAO! Rewatch the game. Tons of lasers.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    V4L wrote:

LMFAO! Rewatch the game. Tons of lasers.
    You ever read what it says on those lazers? They can be dangerous if pointed in the wrong direction. :blink:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Childress, Reid need timeout for bad game management

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a8f59b/article/childress-reid-need-timeout-for-bad-game-management?module=HP_cp2

so when an NFL coach, who is paid millions of dollars to give his team "the best chance to win," calls a timeout and needing the ball back with 2:05 on the clock, hence giving the opponent the advantage of running a play before the 2-minute warning, I normally go berserk and start cursing at the television.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    V4L wrote:

Seriously?

Berrian's drop. LASER
    Camarillo's catch. LASER
    Camarillo's drop. LASER

-V-

+1

I take umbrage with that comment. Just because its thrown hard doesn't make it a good throw. Alot of guys running around can throw it hard. TJ throws harder than he does, by all accounts. Its all about accuracy.

Hell, he even got picked in his new bluejeans commerical for cripes sake.
    Yes, it is all about accuracy. I admit that in the previous post. However, does the term "noodle" slight his accuracy? No. It slights his arm strength. Since Favre has shown tons of arm strength, V4L is right. "Noodle" is "the most dumb and most unwarranted nickname ever given to anyone."

If you want to give him a more accurate nickname, that slights his accuracy, or age, or rust, by all means go for it.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Drugs are fun.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast