View Poll Results: Will Frazier last longer than Chiller/Tice?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 21.05%
  • No

15 78.95%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Is Frazier going to cut it?

Yes
    or No.

Thoughts?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    My thoughts are that it will hinge less on him than on whether the FO above him is restructured to a more traditional, more experienced GM and whether the Wilfs step back and worry about developing the Arden Hills area into a retail mecca and let the team building be done by someone with experience and a proven track record.

So in the end I guess that is a No

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    way too early to tell.

He definitely has a long way to go, and a number of great coaches started out awful. he doesn't have much to work with this season, and it shows.

I knwo he's one of the 'quiet' guys like Dungy, but Dungy at least motivated his teams. He didn't get fired up and started yelling on the sidelines, but he actually showed some emotion.

I'm not sure Les's method is the best way.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Definitely way too early to tell. That being said, I still have total faith in Leslie. I begged for a players coach, and that's what we got. I have his back. He was given an absolute disaster of a roster. Let's give him some time to surround himself with some great football players. Spielman needs to get the boot, but Leslie needs to stay. I know lots of you guys want a big name coach. Mostly veteran guys around here like Singer hoping for Bill Cowher. That isn't a bad plan. But I have no problem jumpstarting a new head coach. Look at Mike Tomlin. A guy that we should have upgraded ourselves. Also, I am loving what Hue Jackson is doing in Oakland. Give him some more time! I am confident that he won't continue to disappoint when we strengthen this roster.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Gift is offline Coordinator
    He has a reeeeeeeeeaaaaally long way to go. Case in point, announcing Ponder is the starter on Monday. Why? why not wait til friday? Why give GB an entire week to prepare? What would Belichick do?
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Musgrave has to stop trying to trick his way to first downs and wins.
    Spielman needs to seriously change his ways or part company.
    Otherwise I fear Leslie will have a tough time.
    Give him the opportunity to get some players and have an off season to work with them, he will probably be alright in a couple years.

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    My thoughts are that it will hinge less on him than on whether the FO above him is restructured to a more traditional, more experienced GM and whether the Wilfs step back and worry about developing the Arden Hills area into a retail mecca and let the team building be done by someone with experience and a proven track record.

So in the end I guess that is a No
    The FO does need to be restructured with qualified people who build the team through trades and the draft rather than making a big splash in free agency every year.
    My thoughts are that he probably won't be kept around to see this process play out.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    He has a reeeeeeeeeaaaaally long way to go. Case in point, announcing Ponder is the starter on Monday. Why? why not wait til friday? Why give GB an entire week to prepare? What would Belichick do?
    Tape the opponents practice and start Tom Brady.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    I pretty much agree with Floyd. If Frazier had the right supporting cast, he would probably be fine. Problem is he doesn't and the combination of his inexperience along with a horrible supporting cast is a recipe for failure.

If Zygi is not going to hire a GM and run a strong front office, then I think you need a strong proven HC that has conviction on a formula for success. For the same reasons we don't have a GM is probably the reason we won't get a strong proven HC.

Owner doesn't want to hand over the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Preparation for Donny run offense= crowd the line/stop AP and let Rodgers do his thing=win

Preparation for Ponder= ? No tape virtually to watch. I'm sure they will try to confuse him/ throw exotic blitzes/mixed coverages to throw off the new kid. They will probably bring pressure in order to keep him from settling in and start torching there pretty bad defense. I think pressure on Ponder is expected and bodes well for him because he is very mobile and will probably do a lot of scrambling and subsequently pick up several first downs that way.

I think Ponder will get a lot of designed roll outs in order to make him comfortable, especially behind our horrible line. I don't see him getting easily rattled and I think he will raise a few eyebrows come game time.

I wouldn't even start Berrian as he will only drop balls that Ponder will hit him in the numbers with. I would start A-Rom and let him snag a few balls. At least he isn't scared to get hit and he's hungry.

I also would like to see more plays with Rudolph as the intended target. He has phenomenal hands and would be a reliable target for Ponder to get his confidence built.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast