Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Frazier: Entire roster is up for review after latest loss

Leslie Frazier says entire Vikings roster is up for review after latest loss

Only so many times can a deflated locker room sell the optimism that they are too talented for this, that the first halves the Vikings dominated through the first three weeks illustrate who they really are.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_19026799

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The inexplicable start has coach Leslie Frazier ready to appraise his entire roster - including quarterback, where the coach says Donovan McNabb still appears safe for now.
    So either you're going to appraise the roster fairly and with an open mind or you're not. If you say player X is safe then how is any appraisal going to have meaning. I like Frazier but he's in danger of having a ' V ' shaped arse from sitting on the fence if the 'appraisal' is conducted like this.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    While I appreciate Fraizer's calm demeanor, I think it's pretty obvious that he's not yet ready to be a head coach in this league. Every week it seems to be someone else's fault.

Bill Musgrave is unable to conceive a winning gameplan and Fraizer doesn't have the 'fear of God' in his players. Since this roster will mostly be gone next year, players are just collecting their paychecks at this point.

Call it pessimist or whatever you want, I call it the truth.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    That is something any coach should do every week no matter what the record is.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Frazier needs to blow up more often, this calm crap certainly isn't working. Being calm didn't do Childress any good either. I want to see some damn emotion and guys getting their ass chewed, especially when your team is melting down every single game. Haley jumped on Cassel early and it seemed to motivate him.

There should be a 2nd headline.

Wilf: Entire coaching staff is up for review after latest loss

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    I still stand behind Leslie. But like McNabb, it's becoming harder and harder to defend him every week. He is a carbon copy of Tony Dungy, in scheme and demeanor. Also in football intelligence. That's why I still have faith in him. Obviously, he is struggling early. But lot's of great coaches struggled in their first head coaching stints. Especially when given bad football teams to work with (Bill Belichick in Cleveland). He was given an absolute disaster to work with from Brad Childress. Let's give him more time. Who knows, maybe he will turn into Tony Dungy, his mentor. I'm not trying to justify a bad season. I just don't think he's had a sample size big enough to start calling for his head. I for one will give him this season, and the next one to prove what he's got. After 2 full seasons as head coach, I think we will have a sample size big enough to completely judge him. All that being said, I finally agree that it's time to put McNabb on the bench. We need to change it up. I'm worried about Ponder's health behind this line, but we need to see what the kid has. If he struggles with play or injuries, we probably have a good shot at landing Andrew Luck.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Frazier is a tough one to get a read on. On one hand the team has come out and looked dominant for a half which leads me to think they were well prepared and playing hard but otoh they will completely collapse right when they have the other team on the ropes.

In the end I just want the front office to organize and bring in a high caliber GM to put things together and run the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    So either you're going to appraise the roster fairly and with an open mind or you're not. If you say player X is safe then how is any appraisal going to have meaning. I like Frazier but he's in danger of having a ' V ' shaped arse from sitting on the fence if the 'appraisal' is conducted like this.
    Exactly. I think Frazier is a very loyal person and esteems that quality very highly which is admirable to a point. There comes a time when you have to make changes or your arse is going to be called into the principles office, so to speak. He has to do what is in the best interest of the organization and not necessarily the guys on the field. It's all about winning and in this league as in life talk is cheap and results are everything.

When the flames get a little hotter under his own arse his loyalty to players at all costs will definitely be reevaluated. I hope his survival instincts kick in soon because this treat everyone with unwavering loyalty routine is starting to get stale.

I think he will be a good coach but that depends on his instincts to adapt and survive. We shall see.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Leslie Frazier says entire Vikings roster is up for review after latest loss
    Apparently when Frazier says, "The entire Vikings roster is up for review", that means every one but McNabb..

Vikings' Frazier to stick with McNabb at QB despite 0-4 start

NFL.com news: Vikings' Frazier to stick with McNabb at QB despite 0-4 start

If he fails to see where a lot of the problem is & just "lets it be", then HC material he's not.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Apparently when Frazier says, "The entire Vikings roster is up for review", that means every one but McNabb..

Vikings' Frazier to stick with McNabb at QB despite 0-4 start

NFL.com news: Vikings' Frazier to stick with McNabb at QB despite 0-4 start

If he fails to see where a lot of the problem is & just "lets it be", then HC material he's not.
    I think the issue is that we would have to cut McNabb if we benched him. And we need to use our remaining cap space to sign Max Starks, and not another back-up QB. But I'm ready for the Ponder era. Although I think he will get crushed behind this line.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast