Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Frazier, Dolphins to meet today

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Frazier, Dolphins to meet today[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
    By JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune

Last update: January 6, 2008 - 11:04 PM

Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier is scheduled to interview today for the Miami Dolphins head coaching job.

The Dolphins began the interview process Saturday when Cowboys assistant head coach Tony Sparano and new Miami General Manager Jeff Ireland talked in Dallas. Ireland was working in the Cowboys front office before being hired last week by the Dolphins. Many believe Sparano is the front-runner for this job because of his connection to Ireland and former Dallas coach Bill Parcells, who was recently named the Dolphins’ executive vice president of football operations.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/13490227.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Frazier, Dolphins to meet today

The sad state of affairs I am afraid is that this is only a token interview.. however it won't hurt his future chances at a HC gig. Allow it might be a year or two early, he should get a shot in the future.

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

I'm just praying we keep our coaching staff together....it be nice to have back-to-back years with the same DC to maintain relationships/scheme etc.
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

Frostbite is offline Coach

Hmm...I don't think he will get the job....but you never know?? Parcells is the key I think. He's going to be involved heavily in the final offer and will want who he likes best out of the possible candidates. What he thinks of Frazier is anyone's guess??

Nice Read Marrdro...Thanks

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

"pack93z" wrote:
    The sad state of affairs I am afraid is that this is only a token interview.. however it won't hurt his future chances at a HC gig. Allow it might be a year or two early, he should get a shot in the future.
    Thats what they said about Tomlin as well.

Look, I am sure the Tuna is gonna pick a guy he is comfortable with but he could have brought just about anyone of 5 other candidates in to fill that quota.

There has to be something he likes in him or he wouldn't have put his name on the list.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Look, I am sure the Tuna is gonna pick a guy he is comfortable with but he could have brought just about anyone of 5 other candidates in to fill that quota.

There has to be something he likes in him or he wouldn't have put his name on the list.
    Well with all the Sparano leaks this weekend, I think it has tipped the hand of what this interview is all about.. either one of the two options.

1) To fullfill the Rooney rule.
    2) To gauge Frazier overall and possibly offer him a DC spot with an Asst. Head Coach title to support the move within the rules.

I think # 2 is more of a possiblity than Frazier landing the HC outright.. but correct Tomlin was in the same spot. However I find it ironic that Rooney spun a 180 last year after the same type of leak was reported about Grimm landing the HC. Where there is smoke there is a little bit of flame as well. Rooney rule needed to be supported by Rooney himself?

Don't get me wrong, if I was a player today, I would want to play for a coach like Tomlin.. stand up coach without a doubt and is proving to back up the hiring.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I hope Frazier interviews well, but Parcells elects to go with his boy Sparano. We need consistency on defense to get better and keeping Frazier in Minny is a priority.

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Well with all the Sparano leaks this weekend, I think it has tipped the hand of what this interview is all about.. either one of the two options.

1) To fullfill the Rooney rule.
    2) To gauge Frazier overall and possibly offer him a DC spot with an Asst. Head Coach title to support the move within the rules.

I think # 2 is more of a possiblity than Frazier landing the HC outright.. but correct Tomlin was in the same spot. However I find it ironic that Rooney spun a 180 last year after the same type of leak was reported about Grimm landing the HC. Where there is smoke there is a little bit of flame as well. Rooney rule needed to be supported by Rooney himself?

Don't get me wrong, if I was a player today, I would want to play for a coach like Tomlin.. stand up coach without a doubt and is proving to back up the hiring.
    Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene called the report "100 percent false. In fact, we have a number of interviews scheduled in the next few days."
    Funny, I was just reading this one.
    ;D

http://www.theredzone.org/absolutenm...d=446&zoneid=1

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene called the report "100 percent false. In fact, we have a number of interviews scheduled in the next few days."

;D

The Fins have no other choice at this moment, but to deny all the reports.. otherwise they will be on the hook for not following the Rooney rule and could be fines or even losing draft picks because of it. I am sure that the Tuna is a little miffed today in south Florida about it all... an it may cost Sparano his shot at it.

Again.. I hope Frazier lands the job, I really do.. heck of a coach and throw in the Packer glasses for a moment.. depletes the Vikes a bit. Another change at DC.

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

The Fins have no other choice at this moment, but to deny all the reports.. otherwise they will be on the hook for not following the Rooney rule and could be fines or even losing draft picks because of it. I am sure that the Tuna is a little miffed today in south Florida about it all... an it may cost Sparano his shot at it.

Again.. I hope Frazier lands the job, I really do.. heck of a coach and throw in the Packer glasses for a moment.. depletes the Vikes a bit. Another change at DC.
    Again, don't want to sound like a broken record here.......

I trust the staff would/will find the appropriate coach to step in and fill the Void.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast