Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Frazier defends limiting Harvinís role

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-harvins-role/

By Mike Florio

Rosenthal recently pointed out that Vikings receiver Percy Harvin wasnít on the field for nearly half of Minnesotaís offensive snaps in a 24-20 loss to the Buccaneers. On Wednesday, Vikings coach Leslie Frazier defended the decision to give Harvin reduced reps.

ďThereís nothing he has to prove,Ē Frazier said, per Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com. ďWe know what Percyís capable of doing. Heís a big-time playmaker, whether itís on kickoff return or playing wide receiver. Itís just a matter of our using his strengths to our greatest advantage, to our teamís advantage and picking out spots when we do that.Ē

Quarterback Donovan McNabb agrees. ďA lot of people talked about the percentage and the plays,Ē McNabb said. ďI felt like he was on the field all the time with us, because every time I look up, heís either getting the ball or whatever it may have been.Ē
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 09-22-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Da Rules

---C.
    Please do not post an entire article. Instead, post a brief quote, and then include a link to that article. The reason is simply because of copyright issues.
    If you do quote an article or site, you'd better provide a link.
    Let's not get Webby sued.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    Maybe if our best receiver played in the second half we would win. Is this a joke? Why don't we take Peterson out the second half too?

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Let's not get Webby sued.
    Chopped it.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Chopped it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    As Vikings try to get offense going, putting Harvin on field more will be part of the plan

ó The Minnesota Vikings are trying to put wide receiver Percy Harvin on the field more.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...7nK_story.html

In case anyone missed it....

Bill Musgrave, though, said Harvin is one of the teamís best blockers and is not by any means automatically out when the Vikings want to run.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well, we should be seeing improvement every week. And we will need to see it this week if we are going to compete.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I wonder if they are still asking the players what they like to do the best and if they are still matching the scheme to fit the players.

......snicker........

In the end I'm still with my good friend Purple Floyd on this one........We will just keep getting better each and every week. For some strange reason I think this is gonna be the week we see it all finally click, and not just for a portion of the game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Quarterback Donovan McNabb agrees. ďA lot of people talked about the percentage and the plays,Ē McNabb said. ďI felt like he was on the field all the time with us, because every time I look up, heís either getting the ball or whatever it may have been.Ē
    Really Donovan? Maybe when you "look up" you might try getting the ball to him more. sheeesh

Heís a big-time playmaker, whether itís on kickoff return or playing wide receiver. Itís just a matter of our using his strengths to our greatest advantage, to our teamís advantage and picking out spots when we do that.Ē
    Here is a thought coach. How about in the second half of the game.
    Last edited by RK.; 09-23-2011 at 09:07 AM.

WWBGD

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Really Donovan? Maybe when you "look up" you might try getting to ball to him more. sheeesh

Here is a thought coach. How about in the second half of the game.
    When was the last time I told you that you cracked me up my friend?

Excellent post.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast