Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Frazier 'begging' for fan support

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1081022
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081021
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1081017
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081004
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1081002
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081001
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1080991
    Fans are what they are. Look around the stands carefully.

It's a circus at best, a zoo at worst. There are some nice people......and then there are many troubled people acting out some profound issues.

You are SURPRISED when they boo???

I have to laugh. Many of them probably watch pro wrestling.

So do not be shocked if they lack character and loyalty and quickly cry out for the blood of anyone who dares disappoint them after they paid too much for a ticket to watch the gladiators.

It's a crazy business and "Fan" is the abbreviated version of "Fanatic."

I did see an encouraging line in the article.

Frazier said being able to manage players on an individual basis is a critical part of the job.
    This is exactly where Childress failed and it looks like Frazier gets it.

That bodes well for the future.
    I hear ya on all counts, but if you do look around the league you see things.....

The Colts home crowd is quiet when thier offense has the ball. I mean real quiet. I've seen some teams QB's try to quiet thier crowds so they could get plays off.

Little things like that.
    Lucas Oil Field is also an incredibly quiet stadium, for one having a roof. Sound is swallowed in there. Not so with the Dome.

=Z=
    A good point, but you know what I mean. You can hear the OLmen fart when the Colts have the ball.

Again, call me a bit naive, but it cut me to the core that our fans boo'd when we were ahead.

Now I am seeing stuff like this? Not matter how it was delivered.....WOW.
    It think the fans were upset with the fact that our offense was not scoring TDs. It was also a game we lost due to....wait for it..........our offense not scoring TDS. Sounds like the fans "got it"
    So the reaction should be to Boo?

Nope not buying.
    I know why I did a bit of booing that day (and why the hell are we re-hashing a game from 2008?) because of EXACTLY what Kevon is talking about - the Vikings had Manning right where they effing wanted him and then failed to put him away.

=Z=
    Again, I hear ya. I guess it gets back to my opinion on this and that is you never boo your team. That should be reserved for the bad guys.

I don't think I've ever considered a Vikings Coach, Player or Team as the bad guy.

You wanna know something.......Ya gotta keep this quiet though, I've never boo'd the Noodle in a Vikes uniform. Never.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081024
    You wanna know something.......Ya gotta keep this quiet though, I've never boo'd the Noodle in a Vikes uniform. Never.
    Maybe not, but you have cheered when you thought he was hurt.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081023
    And I think it's a combination of things.

Our culture is increasingly violent. The fans are violent and the players are increasingly violent.

Our nation is engaged in two wars that many call war crimes.

Political rhetoric on television is just a bunch of people yelling at each other and some of them look like they want to kill each other.

All rhetoric on all topics is increasingly ugly and violent.

We just last Sunday witnessed a football player fight that looked much like a hockey fight.....a first of that exact kind.

The helmet hits we are seeing are the most flagrant, violent and cruel that we have ever seen in football.....OR ANY SPORT--some of the players don't give a damn if they kill or cripple somebody.....it might mean a fatter contract next time.

Vikings fans used to be better than most, but mass media is bringing an end to geographical separation of cultures.....we're all becoming alike.
    And.....as I said, even worse for Vikings fans because this year has been unique for Vikings fans with the loss of an expected winning season, the soap opera drama, the angry splits and fights about Moss, Favre and Childress.....it all works to create a crazy and dysfunctional atmosphere.
    Hmmmmmmm, bringing your "A" game today I see. This is an excellent post my friend. Especially like the bolded discussion point which basically paraphrases what I am trying to say.

I really believed that Vikings fans were the best fans. At some point in time we lost some of that quality with respect to fans and I blame the media.

I hack on the local rubes alot, but mostly I am really down on ESPN since they started working for the mouse. Now all we see reported is anything and everything related to "Drama" instead of the sport.

If anyone ever gets a chance to listen to the guys (Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan) on Sirius. They get that alot of us fans still want to follow and learn about the game we love. Not listen to what coach is on a hotseat or what player is being suspended for whacking on his wife (or sending pics of his slong).

ESPN, well, they don't get it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1081025
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081024
    Maybe not, but you have cheered when you thought he was hurt.

=Z=
    I cheered in that we were gonna see TJ and not so much we weren't going to have to watch him throw INT's anymore.

A minor difference/technicallity.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

The fans will be fine. The cancer is gone.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

That is true.....if they are thrown the red meat of victory.

If not.....other things will happen.

That's just the way it is.

They are more primitive than us.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1081040
    You ever hear the first question when someone has cancer removed? "Did they get it all"?

The Vikes didn't. They might have got one lump, but the missed the biggest one. :P

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081189
    You ever hear the first question when someone has cancer removed? "Did they get it all"?

The Vikes didn't. They might have got one lump, but the missed the biggest one. :P
    You are probably right. There is some left. My guess is Leslie will weed that out with he gets a chance to install his own way of doing things. You know having a whole off season and training camp. What is surprising is that he is winning with Chillys guys and system. :lol:

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1081194
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081189

You are probably right. There is some left. My guess is Leslie will weed that out with he gets a chance to install his own way of doing things. You know having a whole off season and training camp. What is surprising is that he is winning with Chillys guys and system. :lol:
    Winning? One game against a bad opponent is winning?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

It's not really Chilly's system anymore.

At most, it's "Chilly's REVISED system."

The problem was more one of philosophy than system and more one of execution of system than system.

Looking forward to Sunday to see what happens.

I'm uncharacteristically optimistic.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast