Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Frazier 'begging' for fan support

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081001
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1080991
    Fans are what they are. Look around the stands carefully.

It's a circus at best, a zoo at worst. There are some nice people......and then there are many troubled people acting out some profound issues.

You are SURPRISED when they boo???

I have to laugh. Many of them probably watch pro wrestling.

So do not be shocked if they lack character and loyalty and quickly cry out for the blood of anyone who dares disappoint them after they paid too much for a ticket to watch the gladiators.

It's a crazy business and "Fan" is the abbreviated version of "Fanatic."

I did see an encouraging line in the article.

Frazier said being able to manage players on an individual basis is a critical part of the job.
    This is exactly where Childress failed and it looks like Frazier gets it.

That bodes well for the future.
    I hear ya on all counts, but if you do look around the league you see things.....

The Colts home crowd is quiet when thier offense has the ball. I mean real quiet. I've seen some teams QB's try to quiet thier crowds so they could get plays off.

Little things like that.
    Lucas Oil Field is also an incredibly quiet stadium, for one having a roof. Sound is swallowed in there. Not so with the Dome.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1081002

It's a circus at best, a zoo at worst. There are some nice people......and then there are many troubled people acting out some profound issues.

So do not be shocked if they lack character and loyalty and quickly cry out for the blood of anyone who dares disappoint them after they paid too much for a ticket to watch the gladiators.

Frazier said being able to manage players on an individual basis is a critical part of the job.

I hear ya on all counts, but if you do look around the league you see things.....

The Colts home crowd is quiet when thier offense has the ball. I mean real quiet. I've seen some teams QB's try to quiet thier crowds so they could get plays off.

Little things like that.
    Lucas Oil Field is also an incredibly quiet stadium, for one having a roof. Sound is swallowed in there. Not so with the Dome.

=Z=
    Don't ruin the 'discussion' with facts.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Little things like that.

=Z=
    A good point, but you know what I mean. You can hear the OLmen fart when the Colts have the ball.

Again, call me a bit naive, but it cut me to the core that our fans boo'd when we were ahead.

Now I am seeing stuff like this? Not matter how it was delivered.....WOW.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro said:

Again, call me a bit naive, but it cut me to the core that our fans boo'd when we were ahead.

Marrdro.....think.

What's been happening on this very forum? Ain't pretty.

Emotions and anger at high levels and moderators joining in the bad behavior.

Transport that to the wild circus that is the Dome.

The whole soap opera of Favre, Sex, Coach, Moss, Owner, the raging anger at losing what was anticipated as a Super Bowl season.....and the possible moving of team--all that going on for months created an atmosphere of insanity with strong opposing opinions about what's wrong and who's to blame.

Boos? I'm surprised there hasn't been a riot.

You're not naive.....you're just not looking at the facts in front of your face.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081004

Little things like that.

=Z=
    A good point, but you know what I mean. You can hear the OLmen fart when the Colts have the ball.

Quick question my friend, did you miss this part of the article?

Frazier said. “That’s what I expect. We’ve got great fans here. I’ve witnessed it. You’ve witnessed it. We all have. I can remember coming here as a player. Hated to come here because of the noise.

I wanted Childress fired but thought the fire Childress chants weren't classy.
    I also didn't think the booing at the Colts game was classy; and I regret doing it.
    But everyone who pays the money for a ticket buys the right to boo.
    Those players and coaches are making more money in a year than most fans will make in a lifetime.
    That carries an expectation for performance. The fans have an investment in the outcome also.

You wish for a world where we are allowed to cheer when players perform well but shut up when they perform poorly.

Despite being ahead in the Colts game the Vikings, in particular, Tarvaris Jackson was not performing well, and Childress was calling his usual ultra conservative offensive attack.
    And against Manning we all knew it could come back and bite us. It did.

Vikings fans are no different than most teams fans. Some are classy some aren't, and a large number are simply there for the beer.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081010
    Marrdro said:

Marrdro.....think.

What's been happening on this very forum? Ain't pretty.

Emotions and anger at high levels and moderators joining in the bad behavior.

Transport that to the wild circus that is the Dome.

The whole soap opera of Favre, Sex, Coach, Moss, Owner, the raging anger at losing what was anticipated as a Super Bowl season.....and the possible moving of team--all that going on for months created an atmosphere of insanity with strong opposing opinions about what's wrong and who's to blame.

Boos? I'm surprised there hasn't been a riot.

You're not naive.....you're just not looking at the facts in front of your face.
    Again, I hear ya on all counts.

But even the Noodle couldn't get me to fly off the deepend like we are seeing now.

Besides, it isn't like other teams fanbase hasn't had the same issues we've been having in the win/loss area.

Nope, I think it all gets back to a educated fan is a good fan. The local rubes up there that they call "Reporters"......they are to blame. B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Little things like that.

=Z=

It think the fans were upset with the fact that our offense was not scoring TDs. It was also a game we lost due to....wait for it..........our offense not scoring TDS. Sounds like the fans "got it"

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1081017

Little things like that.

=Z=

It think the fans were upset with the fact that our offense was not scoring TDs. It was also a game we lost due to....wait for it..........our offense not scoring TDS. Sounds like the fans "got it"
    So the reaction should be to Boo?

Nope not buying.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081021
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1081017

Little things like that.

=Z=

So the reaction should be to Boo?

Nope not buying.
    I know why I did a bit of booing that day (and why the hell are we re-hashing a game from 2008?) because of EXACTLY what Kevon is talking about - the Vikings had Manning right where they effing wanted him and then failed to put him away.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

And I think it's a combination of things.

The anger this year is at a peak.

Our culture is increasingly violent. The fans are violent and the players are increasingly violent.

Our nation is engaged in two wars that many call war crimes.

Political rhetoric on television is just a bunch of people yelling at each other and some of them look like they want to kill each other.

All rhetoric on all topics is increasingly ugly and violent.

We just last Sunday witnessed a football player fight that looked much like a hockey fight.....a first of that exact kind.

The helmet hits we are seeing are the most flagrant, violent and cruel that we have ever seen in football.....OR ANY SPORT--some of the players don't give a damn if they kill or cripple somebody.....it might mean a fatter contract next time.

Vikings fans used to be better than most, but mass media is bringing an end to geographical separation of cultures.....we're all becoming alike.

And.....as I said, even worse for Vikings fans because this year has been unique for Vikings fans with the loss of an expected winning season, the soap opera drama, the angry splits and fights about Moss, Favre and Childress.....it all works to create a crazy and dysfunctional atmosphere.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast