Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The Franchise Tag

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    LoL, the franchise tag on Birk or Sharper? I guess this simply comes down to how good you think those players are, I for one know that I would not trade for either one at this point in their carears. We would then be stuck with a highly overpayed salary.

We don't need to use the Franchise tag because players that are apart of our future team are signed before it even comes to that.
    +1

Especially Sharper.
    He is not worth that kind of money.
    I would like to see Birk stay, but I am at odds as to whether he is worth that money as well.

But Sharper?
    LMFAO!
    I never said to use the franchise tag on Sharper, I mentioned him because he is 1 of our top FAs and many people want him
    to stay. However, my post clearly only mentions
    Birk!
    They've been good to us, and deserve the freedom to pursue other options this off season if they so choose.

We'd be overpaying two players at the end of their careers if we tagged them.
    I think Birk will get 20 million over 3 season.
    Sharper will command a 3 million a year salary 16 guareenteed.

I thnk we would be over paying for Birk slightly...but we would still have a darn good center on roster.
    you pay that money for birk and you'd no longer have a job!!...

that's 7mil a year...

he's worth more like 2-3 a year with about 4-5 guaranteed...

sharper is not even worth re-signing at anything above 2mil a year

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Is that something you guys think we would use on Taylor after next year? Winfield is also a FA next year.
    I actually think Taylor will stay a Viking. He seems to like it here and his role... Hopefully he and Peterson have a 65-35 split in carries and touches.
    nope he's pretty much as good as gone unless we overpay to keep him... i think we'll probably draft someone to replace him! possibly this year and end up cutting hicks.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

My guess is they are saving them up to use on Jackson and Cook so they don't get away from us.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    My guess is they are saving them up to use on Jackson and Cook so they don't get away from us.
    Cook is a free agent next year. I can't wait to see him released. Marrdro might cry though.
    ;D

"marstc09" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Cook is a free agent next year. I can't wait to see him released. Marrdro might cry though.
    ;D
    LOL... he has been a big fan hasn't he!! lol

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Is that something you guys think we would use on Taylor after next year? Winfield is also a FA next year.
    I actually think Taylor will stay a Viking. He seems to like it here and his role... Hopefully he and Peterson have a 65-35 split in carries and touches.
    nope he's pretty much as good as gone unless we overpay to keep him... i think we'll probably draft someone to replace him! possibly this year and end up cutting hicks.
    imho we should try using CT as a possible trade candidate,he is in his last year and he could be a legit starter for almost half teams on the NFL,we could get something interesting for him.
    I dunno just come to my mind
    for example CT and a 3 for TJ Housamonga ,the Bengals need a RB.
    El underdog.

"El" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    imho we should try using CT as a possible trade candidate,he is in his last year and he could be a legit starter for almost half teams on the NFL,we could get something interesting for him.
    but housh is a free agent...

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    My fault ,It was just an idea but I think he could be a good trader for us..
    El underdog.

"El" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50529.msg907190#msg907190 date=1234387396]
    My fault ,It was just an idea but I think he could be a good trader for us..
    [/quote]

I agree... I think we should look at some other options.. but I'm more thinking at QB.. not sure who though...

one option would be to Franchise him next year then trade him and draft a RB this year we really like... and cut Hicks...

That's about all i can think of..

I really hope we re-sign SASS...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Trade him to Arizona for Boldin.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast