Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Fran Tarkenton comments on the Vikings

I was listening to the game via radio by way of NFL Field Pass, and at one point during the slaughter in Atlanta, Fran Tarkenton entered the booth and chatted with the radio guys. I don't remember all that he said, but I have a few of his responses to some questions. He was asked what he thought was wrong with the offense, and he replied that right now the defense was the main thing wrong with the Vikes. He inferred that our coaching was perhaps suspect, because in his opinion, the talent on the defense was on a par somewhat with what he played with in his time. Also, that it was impossible for Culpepper to do his job with the O-line being in the shape it is.

His most interesting comment was that he had met with Zygi Wilf, and was totally impressed with the man. He said that after meeting with him, he believed that the Vikings now had their best ownership in place, EVER. He believes that whatever is wrong with the Vikes will be corrected, now that Zygi holds the reins.

Man, I hope old Tark is right....
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

SamDawg84 Guest

Re: Fran Tarkenton comments on the Vikings

i hope we can turn the team around here

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

O.K. Zygi, its time to make Fran Tarkenton our QB coach or get him involved in the organization.....

Hows this for a coaching staff:

QB Coach: Fran Tarkenton
    WR coach: Cris Carter
    RB coach: Robert Smith
    OL coach: Randall McDaniel
    DL coach: John Randle
    LB coach: Scott Studwell
    DB coach: Paul Krause
    ST coach: Joey Browner

I think it would be awesome if ancored with veteran major coaches (in other words coaches that have experience at HC,OC, and DC)

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Well Fran, I hope your right about Zygi. No doubt the Vikes have decent talent this year, you just wouldn't know it by watching the games. I'm sure changes will be coming (primarily in the way of a new coaching staff), but I doubt that will do us much good this year.

I'm just hoping some patsy's can come on the schedule to build a little confidence back in the team so we can compete for the NFC North title and give us somehting to cheer for this year. Its still well within reach, but not unless this team happens to stumble on a couple cans of whoop a$$.