Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Fran Foley....LIAR!

"Euphman06" wrote:
    Don't base opinions on people on how they look. If Fran can do his job, then smack him on his wrist, make him change his gol 'darnit resume, and then keep on working.
    I agree, as long as he gets the job done I dont care what he did or didnt do in the passed

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    "Euphman06" wrote:
    Don't base opinions on people on how they look. If Fran can do his job, then smack him on his wrist, make him change his gol 'darnit resume, and then keep on working.
    I agree, as long as he gets the job done I dont care what he did or didnt do in the passed
    Right on guys. Just win Baby!
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Those saying that Foley has done an excellent job, let me ask you this. What has he done so far?

Not much.

Sure, we signed a few position players and Hutch in Free Agency, but nobody that we're going to call the cornerstone of the franchise. We traded away Culpepper - granted, it needed to be done after his ego started taking over, but we still have to place that in the net loss column.

What else has Fran done?

ZIP.

His performance won't be judged accuarately until mid way through the season...after rookies drafted on his watch have settled in, and we have a more accurate guage of our teams capabilities.

So, based upon what we KNOW to date:

Fran Foley is full of BS, and hasn't done anything to reverse that opinion yet.

I'd say that this assessment makes this a matter worth keeping on the burner. He flat out LIED about everything he's done prior to here. So, we know that Foley is an accomplished liar - which is great if running for public office...not so good if running an NFL franchise.

If I were calling the shots - which, unfortunately, I'm not - I'd say, point blank, that Foley had better come through with flying colors this season. His inability to portray himself in an accurate light leads to my inability to believe that he's qualified for the position he holds. Any grace period I might have been willing to extend to him has been removed by his dishonesty.

And, after he's canned, we still have two QUALIFIED candidates in house to promote to his position...guys whose backgrounds we already know.

Caine

We do know he is part of the Triangle of Terror, that is about it so you are partly right Caine, but from what I have heard he is a great football guy to have in the front office.

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

"Caine" wrote:
    Those saying that Foley has done an excellent job, let me ask you this. What has he done so far?

Not much.

Sure, we signed a few position players and Hutch in Free Agency, but nobody that we're going to call the cornerstone of the franchise. We traded away Culpepper - granted, it needed to be done after his ego started taking over, but we still have to place that in the net loss column.

What else has Fran done?

ZIP.

His performance won't be judged accuarately until mid way through the season...after rookies drafted on his watch have settled in, and we have a more accurate guage of our teams capabilities.

I'd say that this assessment makes this a matter worth keeping on the burner. He flat out LIED about everything he's done prior to here. So, we know that Foley is an accomplished liar - which is great if running for public office...not so good if running an NFL franchise.

If I were calling the shots - which, unfortunately, I'm not - I'd say, point blank, that Foley had better come through with flying colors this season. His inability to portray himself in an accurate light leads to my inability to believe that he's qualified for the position he holds. Any grace period I might have been willing to extend to him has been removed by his dishonesty.

And, after he's canned, we still have two QUALIFIED candidates in house to promote to his position...guys whose backgrounds we already know.

Caine
    I agree the only thing that is in his favor is the triangle is making the decisions with input from Studwell. The choices will be made and if we have a good draft he will get most of the credit.

Wilf did say something toward the end of last week (in TC paper) that he was impressed with Studwell so I hope they extend his contract.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:

Not much.

What else has Fran done?

ZIP.

Caine

I agree.. Lets just see how things go down from now on before we pass judgement. He hasn't done much thus far, but lets give him some time to see what he is made of.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Caine, I agree with you about 99% of the time but this is not one of them. Time will tell and I think that your window is too short, especially with all the new coaches/players. The new regime is building us to be a power for the long haul and its just an added bonus that we have the personel to be good next season. For some reason I have a lot of faith in the triangle and lying on a resume doesn't change my opinion.

Also, the Pep trade which you chalked up as a loss cannot be measured as such at this point. Not with his injury, the draft yet to happen and the season months away. Even after this season, we won't know if we can count it as a loss on the hands of the new regime unless Pep does something crazy like lead Miami to the Super Bowl or he has another season like '04.

[color=red]

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

My question is where are the people in the HR department and the security department that was set up after the boat thing. Aren’t there suppose to be people that cross the t’s and dot the i’s somewhere in the offices in Winter Park? If not I’ll have to get my resume together and see if I can get into the "triangle of power" and make it a "square of omnipotence". If anyone wants to join me we can shoot for the "star of death" unless George Lucas sues over copyright or trademark infringements.

Gift is offline Coordinator

He should be fired. 99.9% of jobs will fire you if caught lying on your app/resume.

Alot of talk round here about character & such, does that only apply to players? Double standards 4TW!
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast