Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

FOX's Daryl Johnston blasts Randy

Reading the comments by Daryl Johnston pissed me off royally. Fortunately, there is a "comments" area where you can reply to the commentator...so I did.

Here's Daryl's comments:

After watching the FOX NFL Sunday game, reacting to JB, Terry and Howie commenting on Randy Moss' celebration by pretending to drop his pants and moon Packer fans...

DARYL: Randy Moss takes no responsibility for anything. His thinking is warped. If I was a Minnesota Vikings fan, I would find a new team to cheer for.

Here's my return comment:

I watched the game, and I wasn't in the least bothered by Randy's psuedo-moon...does that make ME warped as well?

If so, or if your assessment of Moss stands, I would question the integrity of that statement comming from someone who shared a Locker Room with Micheal Irvin and Leon Lett. Two players who did far worse during their careers than Randy ever did.

I suppose that since - in your words - I should find a new team to cheer for, you have taken your own advice and removed all things "Dallas" from your possesion and distanced yourself from the stigma of those "warped" years.

Then again, I suppose not.

In my opinion, what the media (Yourself and Joe Buck primarily) are looking for is a controversy...again. Last week, much ado was made about Randy's walk off with two seconds left...yet when Brett Favre left with 30+ seconds on the clock in Minnesota in 2002, no one said a word.

Now, we have a faux-moon. It wasn't the finger, it wasn't a full-moon, it was a joke, a gag, a lark. Yet the "MEdia" (Intentional capitalization) tries to turn THAT into the highlight of the game. Ignore the Brett Farve swing at Willie Offord...that couldn't POSSIBLY be worth talking about.

MAybe it's time for you in the media to realize why it is that Randy Moss won't talk to you. We fans see it, we AGREE with his decision. You guys are so hungry for something to talk about - the next big scandal - that you ignore the obvious in search of dirt.

Moss beat Harris cold - on a bad leg to boot - yet only the faux-moon gets attention. Personally, I find the sanctimonious attitudes of the commentators more offensive than the act itself.

Understand, I don't condone everything Moss does or has done. But he's a damn sight better as a person than you guys EVER give him credit for.

So, after you've examined the word "Hypocrisy" and are sure that it doesn't apply to you, then feel free to bash away. Until then, stick to football commentary and leave the moral assessment s to us.

While I know that Johnston will probably never see that email, I felt better venting on him. I wish Joe Buck and Chris Collinsworth had email addresses I could write to...anyone have them?

Caine

Hooversham is offline Starter

Here's what my email comment to Mr. Moose said:

My comment to Mr. Moose said:

"I have always thought that you had something upstairs. But now I realize that you are just as moronic as your TV media pals. Suspend Moss? Give me a freakin' break. You, just like the rest of the media, have found something else to hang your Moss-hating hat upon and have blown this "mooning" thing out of proportion. Hey, news flash for you idiot, IT WASN'T REAL. FOOTBALL IS ENTERTAINMENT. If I hear another media goon tell me how Moss disgraced "the game" (the same game that placed Janet Jackson's boob on the screen and put a suggestive spot about a cheating housewife before a game) and about how he made a mockery of the hallowed Lambeau Field, I'm going to throw up. He gets paid to make a mockery of Lambeau Field. Let's just get right to the heart of what you guys are pissed off about. I think it has more to do with the fact that you couldn't kiss Bret Favre's ass this time. (Although you tried, STILL, after a 4 pick game, to tote how unbelievable and irreplaceable he is). I bet it's because none of you media "experts" picked a damn game right this weekend. I bet it's because, instead of praising the Vikings for a well-played game, you would rather bash their play maker for a ridiculously harmless TD dance. I think you, Joe Buck, Chris Collinsworth, Chris Burman and Howie Long can just get together at Stewart Scott's house and have a wee-girl bitch session about Moss while Vikings fans will cheer our team on for another week. You guys are pathetic. Suspension? I think YOU should be suspended for your complete lack of intellect and your gag-worthy sanctimonious, BS crap. "
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

Del Rio Guest

Where do you email him?

In case someone else wants to write him a letter?

Hooversham is offline Starter

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Where do you email him?

In case someone else wants to write him a letter?
    Just go to FoxSPorts.com and there is an "analysis" done by Moose Johnstone. You can read his comments and then send him your own. EVERYONE WRITE IN.

EDIT: http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3305788

There's the link, have fun!!
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

when randy does his first over the top celebration he's awful and obscene and when T.O. does it they think its funny and cooland the media loves him foe it...randy's first time showing off and he gets blasted just for uughhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4get it this is just making me frustrated

Del Rio Guest

Corporate Headquarters
    Fox Sports Networks/Fox Sports Net
    10201 West Pico Blvd., Bldg. 101
    Los Angeles, CA 90035
    ph: 310-369-1000
    FSN office fax: 1-310-444-8681
    fax: 1-310-969-6049
    Web: www.foxsports.com

President, Fox Sports Net:
    Tracy Dolgin
    e-mail: [email protected]

Senior Vice-President, Programming and Strategic Planning, Fox Sports Net:
    Dan Harrison

Chief Operating Officer, Fox Sports Net:
    Randy Freer

[email protected]
    (web site feedback)
    [email protected]
    (other News Corp addresses)

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Excellent letters guys! It would be nice for them to see!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: FOX's Daryl Johnston blasts Randy

"Caine" wrote:
    Reading the comments by Daryl Johnston pissed me off royally. Fortunately, there is a "comments" area where you can reply to the commentator...so I did.

Here's Daryl's comments:

After watching the FOX NFL Sunday game, reacting to JB, Terry and Howie commenting on Randy Moss' celebration by pretending to drop his pants and moon Packer fans...

DARYL: Randy Moss takes no responsibility for anything. His thinking is warped. If I was a Minnesota Vikings fan, I would find a new team to cheer for.

Here's my return comment:

I watched the game, and I wasn't in the least bothered by Randy's psuedo-moon...does that make ME warped as well?

If so, or if your assessment of Moss stands, I would question the integrity of that statement comming from someone who shared a Locker Room with Micheal Irvin and Leon Lett. Two players who did far worse during their careers than Randy ever did.

I suppose that since - in your words - I should find a new team to cheer for, you have taken your own advice and removed all things "Dallas" from your possesion and distanced yourself from the stigma of those "warped" years.

Then again, I suppose not.

In my opinion, what the media (Yourself and Joe Buck primarily) are looking for is a controversy...again. Last week, much ado was made about Randy's walk off with two seconds left...yet when Brett Favre left with 30+ seconds on the clock in Minnesota in 2002, no one said a word.

Now, we have a faux-moon. It wasn't the finger, it wasn't a full-moon, it was a joke, a gag, a lark. Yet the "MEdia" (Intentional capitalization) tries to turn THAT into the highlight of the game. Ignore the Brett Farve swing at Willie Offord...that couldn't POSSIBLY be worth talking about.

MAybe it's time for you in the media to realize why it is that Randy Moss won't talk to you. We fans see it, we AGREE with his decision. You guys are so hungry for something to talk about - the next big scandal - that you ignore the obvious in search of dirt.

Moss beat Harris cold - on a bad leg to boot - yet only the faux-moon gets attention. Personally, I find the sanctimonious attitudes of the commentators more offensive than the act itself.

Understand, I don't condone everything Moss does or has done. But he's a gol 'darnit sight better as a person than you guys EVER give him credit for.

So, after you've examined the word "Hypocrisy" and are sure that it doesn't apply to you, then feel free to bash away. Until then, stick to football commentary and leave the moral assessment s to us.

While I know that Johnston will probably never see that email, I felt better venting on him. I wish Joe Buck and Chris Collinsworth had email addresses I could write to...anyone have them?

Caine
    Dallas Cowboys

The White House!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

WaltzingMewelde is offline Training Camp

wow....i know moose took a bunch of hits to the head in his playing days....but after a comment like that, he needs one more
    SKOL!!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

WELL PUT CAINE

Very well put.

If he gets to see any comments, I hope he sees yours.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast