Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    tcvike is offline Waterboy

Re: Fox sports says Hasselbeck's injury a "Cheap Shot" by EJ

He was clearly blocked into Hasselback, and when they did make contact he barely touched him.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Here's the story:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6088870

Excerpt:

The Seahawks' 12-game home-winning streak went up in smoke with a 31-13 loss to Minnesota, but the news could end up being worse on Monday when the results of a MRI exam on Matt Hasselbeck's right knee are known. You hate to guess, but Hasselbeck could have a torn a ligament on what definitely looked like a cheap shot by Minnesota linebacker E.J. Henderson.

On the play in question, Henderson seemed to keep on rolling onto Hasselbeck's leg in a slow-motion routine. It definitely looked like he could have stopped if he wanted to. Yes, the Seahawks may get MVP Shaun Alexander back in a week or two, but this offense is built around Hasselbeck. That's why they traded with New England for Deion Branch and signed Nate Burleson in free agency.

Seattle knows its window of opportunity — another Super Bowl shot — is this season. Seneca Wallace may keep the Seahawks in the race, but they aren't winning any playoff games with him. Also I'm sure that Seattle coach Mike Holmgren noticed that his favorite All-World guard, Steve Hutchinson, helped spring running back Chester Taylor on his team-record 95-yard touchdown for the Vikings.

As opposed to this hit that didn't even get a mention from "The Czar":

Minnesota WR Troy Williamson left midway through the first quarter with a concussion. His head hit the ground after getting shoved by Ken Hamlin while leaping for a high pass. Williamson said he was unconscious for 10 seconds.

PUHLEEZE!!!!
    I thought that The Czar was a knowledgable football writer...but this is totally changing my mind on him!
    What a frickin idiot!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    ...I thought that The Czar was a knowledgable football writer...but this is totally changing my mind on him!
    What a frickin idiot!!!
    The Czar is no Prophet, that's for sure.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

On the F2F site they have this article:

Seahawks Not Safe at Home
    Vikings defense downs top QB
    -- Clayton Sears, Inside the Hawks

You didn’t need to be there to hear the moan from the crowd, as Pro Bowl QB Matt Hasselbeck fell to the ground following an incompletion on 3rd down in the 3rd quarter of the Seahawks-Vikings game yesterday. My first reaction was that it was a late hit. Then when I saw the replay I was sure it was a cheap shot, a dirty play purposely done to injure our QB. Maybe it was smart football, but it sure seemed like a cheap shot.

Then they have a poll going.

http://www.seahawkshuddle.com/v1/viewtopic.php?t=12537

Nothing special. Only one vote atm. Please do not go spam their board just posted in case you were interested in what they think.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Another reason to hate the Bengals -- their flagship radio station WLW 700 is now reporting that it was definatly a "cheap shot" by the Vikes who purposely meant to get Hasselbeck out of the game. "He could have stopped short of him but rolled into his knee on purpose," said one of their sportcasters this afternoon. And then he followed that up by saying "when they came to Cincinnati last year were out to hurt Chad Johnson. The Vikings are nothing but a bunch of thugs," the announcer said, "and there should be an apology coming from the team and a big fine from the league."
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Slade" wrote:
    John Czarnecki / FOXSports.com
    Posted: 15 hours ago

Seattle blue
    The Seahawks' 12-game home-winning streak went up in smoke with a 31-13 loss to Minnesota, but the news could end up being worse on Monday when the results of a MRI exam on Matt Hasselbeck's right knee are known. You hate to guess, but Hasselbeck could have a torn a ligament on what definitely looked like a cheap shot by Minnesota linebacker E.J. Henderson.
    Goddamn Right-Wing Media!!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

It looks like most sportswriters out there agrees on calling it a cheap shot.

I really don't get it. Do we really see with such purple eyes?

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Acumen" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    ...I thought that The Czar was a knowledgable football writer...but this is totally changing my mind on him!
    What a frickin idiot!!!
    The Czar is no Prophet, that's for sure.
    You have Prophet locked in your basement don't you?

Come on you can tell me.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Another reason to hate the Bengals -- their flagship radio station WLW 700 is now reporting that it was definatly a "cheap shot" by the Vikes who purposely meant to get Hasselbeck out of the game. "He could have stopped short of him but rolled into his knee on purpose," said one of their sportcasters this afternoon. And then he followed that up by saying "when they came to Cincinnati last year were out to hurt Chad Johnson. The Vikings are nothing but a bunch of thugs," the announcer said, "and there should be an apology coming from the team and a big fine from the league."
    excuse me...... Bengals are accusing the Vikes of being a bunch of thugs ??

[img width=45 height=30]http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/laughing/072.gif[/img] say it ain't so !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I haven't seen it, but I just can not see EJ doing something like that on purpose.
    Seriously, if we went out there to hurt players on purpose do you think we would have lost 2 games?
    We'd be out there purposefully taking out every QB that challenges us.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast