AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Fowler to maybe miss out ?

Article published in the Strib today by Sid Hartman. Now whilst I'm always dubious about some of the press speculation regarding the sale there does seem to an element of possibility with this. The idea of the backers being more involved on the real estate side, leaving a potential general partner - aka Taylor - to run the team makes a lot of sense. So far there is still a lot of doubt over Fowlers finances which have not yet been clearly dispelled.
    I also wonder with the outcome of the T-Wolves season and possible changes teamwise and management ? if this may be a time for Taylor to move on to something else. Should that be the case then this may all fall together nicely for him ?
    I know that in the past there has been no question of him dumping the T-Wolves to purchase the Vikes, but after this season is that now a possibility ?

Anyone who is more familiar with the T-Wolves care to say if this could be the case, or would Taylor stick with the T-Wolves as originally envisaged ?

Link below to the Strib article

Sid Hartman article
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Bubba Jed is offline Starter

Re: Fowler to maybe miss out ?

Very interesting article. Taylor may still get the Vikings plus a new stadium, the Twins may be getting their stadium and it looks like that there is a punter in NFL Europe for the Vikings too. From the looks of it it looks like the Vikes are interested in Braylon Edwards and not Mike Williams.
    The Pack, the Pack, gonna smack the Pack.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

taylor isn't going to get rid of the twolves, they make too much money for him. he probably will get the vikings, im sure they will let him get the vikes too. the guys from new jersey just want to bulid the stadium and hotel etc in north blaine. they said it is a 1.6 billion dollar project, that tells me these guys arn't fooling around and they are out to make money. they will not try to move the vikings to la, this is because they don't have a ton of land to develop on and they would make less money in la. now some dork will say that im wrong that they would make less money in la but im right, la don't have tons of acres of nothing in a prime area that they can develop on and do what they want with it. plus with taylor in the mix he can run the team and take care of that, the guys from jersey will probably build the stadium with their own money, thus they get the money from the lease, build thier hotel and mall, parking ramp, and sell whatever other land they have for big bucks.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"Bubba Jed" wrote:
    Very interesting article. Taylor may still get the Vikings plus a new stadium, the Twins may be getting their stadium and it looks like that there is a punter in NFL Europe for the Vikings too. From the looks of it it looks like the Vikes are interested in Braylon Edwards and not Mike Williams.
    don't be suprised if the vikings really don't want either edwards or williams, they are probably playing everyone for fools i think they will grab williamson if they grab a receiver. personally i'd love to see us draft a def tackle and end in round one then guards and stuff like that later on.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.