Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fowler

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Fowler

"Guruzen" wrote:

Yeah it's fishy how Fowler can come from absolutely nowhere and be "close" to the rediculous asking price. $600mil would give roughly a 5% return on investment, in which case he'd be better off putting his money in a bank!

Why is $600mil rediculous? The team was recently appraised at more than that.

Also where are you getting 5% ROI? If Red sells for $600, he will have well over doubled his investment in 7 years. Not too shabby.

Guruzen is offline Starter

Fowler

Team profit is about $30mil (I'm not sure of the exact figure but it's in this ball park). $30mil per annum is roughly 5% of the $600mil asking price.

You're correct about Red making a huge profit if he sells for $600mil and that is my point... the team only generates $30mil profit so it is not worth the $600mil + the cost of a new stadium.

What buyer is going to pump $600mil into a 5% ROI investment?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Fowler

"Toss2Moss84" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "Toss2Moss84" wrote:
    Two sources with intimate knowledge on the status of the franchise told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the latest proclamation by Phoenix businessman Reggie Fowler is all smoke and no fire.

"He's not even a factor," one source told Mortensen. "The feeling is, he's trying to intimidate Glen Taylor, but Taylor doesn't need to be intimidated -- he's done very little to make this happen."

Taylor, the Mankato businessman and former state legislator who owns the NBA's Timberwolves, remains an interested suitor, but will take a back seat for the time being. Taylor has met separately with both McCombs and Fowler in recent days.

"I told Red that I wouldn't compete against Reggie," Taylor told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "The door is still open, but we're being patient."

Taylor said it was his understanding that McCombs agreed to negotiate exclusively with Fowler. The length of that agreement is unknown, but reportedly two months or less.

"What's sort of been thrown out there is sort of what's happening," Taylor said. "If it doesn't work out, I told Red I'll be talking to him."

Wow, I am suprised you would report something from mort, considering what you said about him and his false reports in the moss trade thread??? That doesn't seem to make sense.
    There's quotes from Taylor in there that makes Mort make sense unlike with the Moss rumors, that's your reasoning :salute:

The quotes from taylor don't exactly factor into the main topic though. Mort was saying that fowler really had no shot at buying the team and he said he got this from a team source. Mort also got the Moss trade info from a team source, yet you don't believe him there. Taylor wasn't quoted as mort's source and he didn't agree with mort that folwer really had no chance of buying the team. All he said was that he was waiting in case the fowler deal fell through.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Fowler

I think Fowler was hoping to bring Taylor into a partnership.

WWBGD

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Fowler

"RK" wrote:
    I think Fowler was hoping to bring Taylor into a partnership.
    What does Taylor need Fowler for anyway?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Fowler

He doesn't Fowler needs Taylor.

WWBGD

Mr. O is offline Starter

Fowler

Exactly, Taylor has backed out of the negotians to simply avoid a bidding war. I think we'll eventually see Fowler drop out and Red will be forced to deal with Taylor. I prefer Taylor since he already has Minnesota based investments and seems to be a guy who wants to put winning teams together.
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

Fowler

"Mr. O" wrote:
    Exactly, Taylor has backed out of the negotians to simply avoid a bidding war. I think we'll eventually see Fowler drop out and Red will be forced to deal with Taylor. I prefer Taylor since he already has Minnesota based investments and seems to be a guy who wants to put winning teams together.
    I agree!

wisc vike is offline Training Camp

Fowler

"VikesFan111" wrote:
    "Mr. O" wrote:
    I agree!
    Mr. O wrote:

I agree!

Me Too!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345