Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Four areas of concern for the Minnesota Vikings

    [size=12pt]Here are four areas the Vikings must address during the offseason[/size]
    http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7859075
    The 2007 season is in the books, and free agency and the NFL draft are still two or three months away, but there's no time like the present to put the Vikings under the microscope.

    With players reporting for their final meeting today, here are four areas the team must address during the offseason.

    1. PASSING GAME

    It all starts at quarterback and whether the Vikings decide Tarvaris Jackson did enough in his first season as the starter to return as the unchallenged No. 1...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  2. #2
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Four areas of concern for the Minnesota Vikings

    I don't think there is EVER an unchallenged #1 for any spot in training camp.
    Childress has pretty much said the same the past two years.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Four areas of concern for the Minnesota Vikings

    Very nice read my friend.
    A couple of comments.....

    I don't think Wade was ever brought in as a solution as a PR.
    I think he was forced into that role because of week to week roster decisions because of injuries, limiting the use of Memo.

    Pass rush.
    Pretty telling stat that Edwards still lead us in sacks after missing those games.
    We really need a RDE.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Four areas of concern for the Minnesota Vikings

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice read my friend.
    A couple of comments.....

    I don't think Wade was ever brought in as a solution as a PR.
    I think he was forced into that role because of week to week roster decisions because of injuries, limiting the use of Memo.

    Pass rush.
    Pretty telling stat that Edwards still lead us in sacks after missing those games.
    We really need a RDE.
    Very true my friend.
    I think a good pass rushing RDE would solve a lot of the pass defense woes.
    If they can show they can get a good pass rush with the front line, the LBers can stay away for pass coverage in the middle which has been a thorn in their sides the past 2 seasons.
    That being said, a good RDE could also help the younger CBs such as Griffith and McCauley.
    Sharper will probably stay and Gordon or Frampton may spell Smith becasue I do not think he will be back.
    I'd like to see Doss and/or TWilliams come back to add depth and good veteran presence.

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Four areas of concern for the Minnesota Vikings

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice read my friend.
    A couple of comments.....

    I don't think Wade was ever brought in as a solution as a PR.
    I think he was forced into that role because of week to week roster decisions because of injuries, limiting the use of Memo.

    Pass rush.
    Pretty telling stat that Edwards still lead us in sacks after missing those games.
    We really need a RDE.
    Very true my friend.
    I think a good pass rushing RDE would solve a lot of the pass defense woes.
    If they can show they can get a good pass rush with the front line, the LBers can stay away for pass coverage in the middle which has been a thorn in their sides the past 2 seasons.
    That being said, a good RDE could also help the younger CBs such as Griffith and McCauley.
    Sharper will probably stay and Gordon or Frampton may spell Smith becasue I do not think he will be back.
    I'd like to see Doss and/or TWilliams come back to add depth and good veteran presence.
    You know me, I blame all failures by the teams on thier respective lines beit offense or defense.

    On defense if you can't get pressure on the QB with your front 4 and do it consistently with your RDE (Right hand QB) or LDE (Left hand QB) then you allow him to stand back there all day long waiting for someone to get open.

    I don't care how good your secondary is.
    Eventually someone will get open under that scenario.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Four areas of concern for the Minnesota Vikings

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice read my friend.
    A couple of comments.....

    I don't think Wade was ever brought in as a solution as a PR.
    I think he was forced into that role because of week to week roster decisions because of injuries, limiting the use of Memo.

    Pass rush.
    Pretty telling stat that Edwards still lead us in sacks after missing those games.
    We really need a RDE.
    Very true my friend.
    I think a good pass rushing RDE would solve a lot of the pass defense woes.
    If they can show they can get a good pass rush with the front line, the LBers can stay away for pass coverage in the middle which has been a thorn in their sides the past 2 seasons.
    That being said, a good RDE could also help the younger CBs such as Griffith and McCauley.
    Sharper will probably stay and Gordon or Frampton may spell Smith becasue I do not think he will be back.
    I'd like to see Doss and/or TWilliams come back to add depth and good veteran presence.
    You know me, I blame all failures by the teams on thier respective lines beit offense or defense.

    On defense if you can't get pressure on the QB with your front 4 and do it consistently with your RDE (Right hand QB) or LDE (Left hand QB) then you allow him to stand back there all day long waiting for someone to get open.

    I don't care how good your secondary is.
    Eventually someone will get open under that scenario.
    Absolutely.
    Maybe someone can step up and become a dominate DE but I'd really like to go after Suggs or even Jared Allen.

  7. #7
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Four areas of concern for the Minnesota Vikings

    I think the #1 need on this team is a true #1 receiver. That will open up the run game and make Jackson's job a lot easier. (yeah, I think Jackson starts next season). I think we could have one of the top scoring offenses. Add in an above average defense and the vikes win the division.

  8. #8
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Four areas of concern for the Minnesota Vikings

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I think the #1 need on this team is a true #1 receiver. That will open up the run game and make Jackson's job a lot easier. (yeah, I think Jackson starts next season). I think we could have one of the top scoring offenses. Add in an above average defense and the vikes win the division.

    I agree

    Our offense struggled far more then our Defense.. Expecially when we couldn't see to get those big runs we wanted

    A Wr would open things up quite a bit.. WR should be our first look

    DE a close second.. That would help alot of our big problems

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Four areas of concern for the Minnesota Vikings

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I think the #1 need on this team is a true #1 receiver. That will open up the run game and make Jackson's job a lot easier. (yeah, I think Jackson starts next season). I think we could have one of the top scoring offenses. Add in an above average defense and the vikes win the division.
    Its almost like a 1 and 1A priority for me.

    I guess because I liked to play defense more than I did offense I tend to lean towards that area in close analysis.

    I believe that if we had a better RDE we could have got off the field more often, allowing the offense more tries to be a top scoring team, well at least a better scoring team with the talent we had.

    Long story short, they can go out and address both positions as a number one priority if we can get the front office to spend the money wisely in the FA market.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Four areas of concern for the Minnesota Vikings

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I think the #1 need on this team is a true #1 receiver. That will open up the run game and make Jackson's job a lot easier. (yeah, I think Jackson starts next season). I think we could have one of the top scoring offenses. Add in an above average defense and the vikes win the division.
    Its almost like a 1 and 1A priority for me.

    I guess because I liked to play defense more than I did offense I tend to lean towards that area in close analysis.

    I believe that if we had a better RDE we could have got off the field more often, allowing the offense more tries to be a top scoring team, well at least a better scoring team with the talent we had.

    Long story short, they can go out and address both positions as a number one priority if we can get the front office to spend the money wisely in the FA market.
    Good Offense attracts fans and gets a new stadium... a top notch wideout would allow us to sustain more drives, keeping our O on the field longer and our D on the sidelines where they can't give up yards and thereby reducing the need for a good RDE... argument goes both ways
    Perfect scenario, get both, dominate on O and D as the Pats are doing (Number 1 scoring O, tied for Number 1 D in points allowed).
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings O-line more of a concern than Jackson?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 10:20 PM
  2. Vikings: Depth at linebacker becomes a concern
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2006, 04:11 AM
  3. Vikings' actions concern Krause
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 09:51 PM
  4. Areas in the TC
    By drtybrdy9 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 12:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •