Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Former tight end Jeff Dugan finds new life at fullback

    [size=13pt]Vikings: Former tight end finds new life at fullback[/size]

    It might be a dying position in a lot of places, but in the case of the Vikings and backup Jeff Dugan, it has helped prolong an NFL career.

    By Mark Craig, Star Tribune

    Last update: August 23, 2007 – 10:08 PM


    The Vikings are 1-for-1 on fourth-down conversions this preseason. It was a 1-yard blast near midfield, and, no, it wasn't executed by super rookie Adrian Peterson, 1,200-yard rusher Chester Taylor or two-time Pro Bowl fullback Tony Richardson....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Former tight end Jeff Dugan finds new life at fullback

    I've said it before. I like Dugan at FB, he blocks really well. And he can also be used as TE. Imagine the two TE set with Dugan and Sauce, and one of our RBs in the back field behind Tony Richardson.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  3. #3
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Former tight end Jeff Dugan finds new life at fullback

    Hopefully he will never see the field at FB. There is a heavy dropoff between him and Richardson.

    "cogitans" wrote:
    I've said it before. I like Dugan at FB, he blocks really well. And he can also be used as TE. Imagine the two TE set with Dugan and Sauce, and one of our RBs in the back field behind Tony Richardson.
    Wow, I wouldn't mind that. I guess TE is a different story heh.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  4. #4
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Former tight end Jeff Dugan finds new life at fullback

    "V" wrote:
    Hopefully he will never see the field at FB. There is a heavy dropoff between him and Richardson.

    "cogitans" wrote:
    I've said it before. I like Dugan at FB, he blocks really well. And he can also be used as TE. Imagine the two TE set with Dugan and Sauce, and one of our RBs in the back field behind Tony Richardson.
    Wow, I wouldn't mind that. I guess TE is a different story heh.
    I think you ought to reconsider that. After Richardson retire Dugan will be our future FB for years to come. And he's going to be awesome at that.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  5. #5
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Former tight end Jeff Dugan finds new life at fullback

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Hopefully he will never see the field at FB. There is a heavy dropoff between him and Richardson.

    "cogitans" wrote:
    I've said it before. I like Dugan at FB, he blocks really well. And he can also be used as TE. Imagine the two TE set with Dugan and Sauce, and one of our RBs in the back field behind Tony Richardson.
    Wow, I wouldn't mind that. I guess TE is a different story heh.
    I think you ought to reconsider that. After Richardson retire Dugan will be our future FB for years to come. And he's going to be awesome at that.
    I'll reconsider. The way I see it currently though, Dugan was here before we got Richardson. If he was as awesome as you say there would have been no need to get Dugan. Also, Fullbacks should wear RB numbers (30-49), not 83.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

Similar Threads

  1. Dugan catching on
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 02:37 PM
  2. Vikings' TE Dugan gets down to business
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 03:14 PM
  3. Team signs Dugan to contract extension
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 07:52 AM
  4. Vikies give dugan 5 yaer contract extension
    By thevikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 05:46 PM
  5. Search is on for fullback - Dugan moves to fullback
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-18-2006, 05:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •