Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Forgotten man Berrian looks for bigger role

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106501
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1106454
    I'm not a Berrian fan by any stretch of the imagination. But his chemistry with McNabb is making me a little optimistic about his upcoming season. They seem to be meshing on and off the field. He will unquestionably have some frustrating drops this year (as he always does), but he will have some big plays too. Although I seriously doubt that he will ever have 1000 yards or 10 TDs.
    Good stuff my friend.

One thing about drops, every reciever drops a few. I think alot of people are over sensitized to it on here because of a certain 1rst round pick that was pretty much a bust.

On a side note, he had over 900 in 2007 and 2008 with 7 TD's in 2008 with Gus and TJ throwing to him. I don't think its out of the question that he won't crack a grand this year and even get 10 TD's.
    Dropping a few is one thing, dropping half is quite another.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106505
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106498
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106453
    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1106431
    Berrian sucks so badly. I stand by that point until he gets 1000yards and 10 tds.
    He's caught a grand total of 4 balls this preseason. Dropped how many? Caught a 5yd, 7yd, 15yd & a gift 49yd (it could have been easily knocked away) & Marty thinks we have a born again Bernard Berrian deep threat machine. LOL!
    Show me one place were I said that.

All I'm saying is that we seem to have a pretty effective WR corps this year regardless of what a certain "Negative Nancy" wants to believe.

Gonna be very effective with the 13 sets (1 RB/3 TE's) we will be running all season long.

Anyone who thinks otherwise didn't watch the Dallas game very closely. Took Mayock into the second quarter before he mentioned a 13 set but the ran a bunch of it all through the first quarter and the offense looked damn good doing it.
    We'll see. Call me what you want, but I don't see as an elite a WR corp as you do.

Love Harvin, like our TE's, but am not sold on Berrian or Jenkins yet. Let's not forget Berrian dropped at least two passes that game also.
    Let's also wait and see if they can produce in more than just the Dallas game before we crown them.

Dallas was 23rd in passing yards given up & haven't moved out of the spot yet. To give you a point of reference, the Vikings were 8th in that category last year & 17th this preseason.

You can praise our WR's all you want for catching a few balls against a backfield that much worse than ours, but the proof will be in how we do against better teams.
    Show me were I said elite?

Watch the Dallas game. We just aren't gonna need a elite WR corps my friend.

Atleast not at first. By the time the Bye rolls around you'll see what I mean about how they fit into the puzzle my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106514
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106505
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106498
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106453
    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1106431
    Berrian sucks so badly. I stand by that point until he gets 1000yards and 10 tds.
    He's caught a grand total of 4 balls this preseason. Dropped how many? Caught a 5yd, 7yd, 15yd & a gift 49yd (it could have been easily knocked away) & Marty thinks we have a born again Bernard Berrian deep threat machine. LOL!
    Show me one place were I said that.

All I'm saying is that we seem to have a pretty effective WR corps this year regardless of what a certain "Negative Nancy" wants to believe.

Gonna be very effective with the 13 sets (1 RB/3 TE's) we will be running all season long.

Anyone who thinks otherwise didn't watch the Dallas game very closely. Took Mayock into the second quarter before he mentioned a 13 set but the ran a bunch of it all through the first quarter and the offense looked damn good doing it.
    We'll see. Call me what you want, but I don't see as an elite a WR corp as you do.

Love Harvin, like our TE's, but am not sold on Berrian or Jenkins yet. Let's not forget Berrian dropped at least two passes that game also.
    Let's also wait and see if they can produce in more than just the Dallas game before we crown them.

Dallas was 23rd in passing yards given up & haven't moved out of the spot yet. To give you a point of reference, the Vikings were 8th in that category last year & 17th this preseason.

You can praise our WR's all you want for catching a few balls against a backfield that much worse than ours, but the proof will be in how we do against better teams.
    Show me were I said elite?

Watch the Dallas game. We just aren't gonna need a elite WR corps my friend.

Atleast not at first. By the time the Bye rolls around you'll see what I mean about how they fit into the puzzle my friend.
    I am still waiting to have you show me how the guys chilly brought in would fit into the puzzle. How did that go again?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106506
    I'm not a Berrian fan by any stretch of the imagination. But his chemistry with McNabb is making me a little optimistic about his upcoming season. They seem to be meshing on and off the field. He will unquestionably have some frustrating drops this year (as he always does), but he will have some big plays too. Although I seriously doubt that he will ever have 1000 yards or 10 TDs.
    Good stuff my friend.

One thing about drops, every reciever drops a few. I think alot of people are over sensitized to it on here because of a certain 1rst round pick that was pretty much a bust.

On a side note, he had over 900 in 2007 and 2008 with 7 TD's in 2008 with Gus and TJ throwing to him. I don't think its out of the question that he won't crack a grand this year and even get 10 TD's.
    Not every incomplete pass which was thrown at a receiver is a drop, dude.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106506
    Good stuff my friend.

Something we can agree on.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123