Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,578

    Re: Forgotten man Berrian looks for bigger role

    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1106454
    I'm not a Berrian fan by any stretch of the imagination. But his chemistry with McNabb is making me a little optimistic about his upcoming season. They seem to be meshing on and off the field. He will unquestionably have some frustrating drops this year (as he always does), but he will have some big plays too. Although I seriously doubt that he will ever have 1000 yards or 10 TDs.
    Then he will suck forever.
    We're bringing purple back.

  2. #12
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Forgotten man Berrian looks for bigger role

    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1106454
    I'm not a Berrian fan by any stretch of the imagination. But his chemistry with McNabb is making me a little optimistic about his upcoming season. They seem to be meshing on and off the field. He will unquestionably have some frustrating drops this year (as he always does), but he will have some big plays too. Although I seriously doubt that he will ever have 1000 yards or 10 TDs.
    Optimism usually comes back to bite us Vikings fans in the ass.

    No great expectations, no great disappointments.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #13
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,578

    Re: Forgotten man Berrian looks for bigger role

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106457
    Optimism usually comes back to bite us Vikings fans in the ass.

    No great expectations, no great disappointments.
    +1
    We're bringing purple back.

  4. #14
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Forgotten man Berrian looks for bigger role

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106356
    Quote Originally Posted by "BleedinPandG" #1106354
    *thinks even a broken watch is right twice a day*... just saying's all...
    LOL, well played my friend. Well played indeed.

    Again, I haven't seen the game, so I'm not sure, but I even read a couple of things that said BB was actually taken 2 defenders with him on almost every route, including that one.

    Been a few on here that said they would bring Moss back just to do that very same thing.:whistle:
    Hell, with our WR corpse they probably figure they could even triple Berrian and not have to worry about the other guy.

  5. #15
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Forgotten man Berrian looks for bigger role

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1106470
    Hell, with our WR corpse
    You must be referring to the age of Jenkins perhaps?

  6. #16
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Forgotten man Berrian looks for bigger role

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1106477
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1106470
    Hell, with our WR corpse
    You must be referring to the age of Jenkins perhaps?
    No, it's my Marrdroesque title for the group as a whole until they show some life. :laugh:

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Forgotten man Berrian looks for bigger role

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106453
    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1106431
    Berrian sucks so badly. I stand by that point until he gets 1000yards and 10 tds.
    He's caught a grand total of 4 balls this preseason. Dropped how many? Caught a 5yd, 7yd, 15yd & a gift 49yd (it could have been easily knocked away) & Marty thinks we have a born again Bernard Berrian deep threat machine. LOL!
    Show me one place were I said that.

    All I'm saying is that we seem to have a pretty effective WR corps this year regardless of what a certain "Negative Nancy" wants to believe.

    Gonna be very effective with the 13 sets (1 RB/3 TE's) we will be running all season long.

    Anyone who thinks otherwise didn't watch the Dallas game very closely. Took Mayock into the second quarter before he mentioned a 13 set but the ran a bunch of it all through the first quarter and the offense looked damn good doing it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Forgotten man Berrian looks for bigger role

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1106492
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1106477
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1106470
    Hell, with our WR corpse
    You must be referring to the age of Jenkins perhaps?
    No, it's my Marrdroesque title for the group as a whole until they show some life. :laugh:
    You crack me up my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Forgotten man Berrian looks for bigger role

    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1106454
    I'm not a Berrian fan by any stretch of the imagination. But his chemistry with McNabb is making me a little optimistic about his upcoming season. They seem to be meshing on and off the field. He will unquestionably have some frustrating drops this year (as he always does), but he will have some big plays too. Although I seriously doubt that he will ever have 1000 yards or 10 TDs.
    Good stuff my friend.

    One thing about drops, every reciever drops a few. I think alot of people are over sensitized to it on here because of a certain 1rst round pick that was pretty much a bust.

    On a side note, he had over 900 in 2007 and 2008 with 7 TD's in 2008 with Gus and TJ throwing to him. I don't think its out of the question that he won't crack a grand this year and even get 10 TD's.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Forgotten man Berrian looks for bigger role

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106498
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106453
    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1106431
    Berrian sucks so badly. I stand by that point until he gets 1000yards and 10 tds.
    He's caught a grand total of 4 balls this preseason. Dropped how many? Caught a 5yd, 7yd, 15yd & a gift 49yd (it could have been easily knocked away) & Marty thinks we have a born again Bernard Berrian deep threat machine. LOL!
    Show me one place were I said that.

    All I'm saying is that we seem to have a pretty effective WR corps this year regardless of what a certain "Negative Nancy" wants to believe.

    Gonna be very effective with the 13 sets (1 RB/3 TE's) we will be running all season long.

    Anyone who thinks otherwise didn't watch the Dallas game very closely. Took Mayock into the second quarter before he mentioned a 13 set but the ran a bunch of it all through the first quarter and the offense looked damn good doing it.
    We'll see. Call me what you want, but I don't see as an elite a WR corp as you do.

    Love Harvin, like our TE's, but am not sold on Berrian or Jenkins yet. Let's not forget Berrian dropped at least two passes that game also.
    Let's also wait and see if they can produce in more than just the Dallas game before we crown them.

    Dallas was 23rd in passing yards given up & haven't moved out of the spot yet. To give you a point of reference, the Vikings were 8th in that category last year & 17th this preseason.

    You can praise our WR's all you want for catching a few balls against a backfield that much worse than ours, but the proof will be in how we do against better teams.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sid Hartman: Vikings TE Dugan taking a bigger role
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 11:00 AM
  2. Bigger Role for Sidney Rice?
    By Eldin in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 03:14 AM
  3. Peterson poses bigger challenge in a bigger game
    By Physio-Impossibility70 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 12:28 AM
  4. MOVED: Peterson poses bigger challenge in a bigger game
    By ultravikingfan in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 12:20 PM
  5. Robinson seeks bigger role as receiver
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 02:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •