Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Forgotten man Berrian looks for bigger role

Forgotten man Berrian looks for bigger role with McNabb, Vikings this season

Bernard Berrian seemed to disappear from the Minnesota Vikings offense last season, ignored by quarterback Brett Favre and overshadowed by Percy Harvin and Sidney Rice.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/forgotten-man-berrian-looks-for-bigger-role-with-mcnabb-vikings-this-season/2011/08/28/gIQAHIZClJ_story.html

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Forgotten man Berrian looks for bigger role

There's a reason he was ignored by Favre. He also wasn't overshadowed by Rice for 10 of those games last year either.

He hasn't been consistent enough & good enough to merit the attention as of late. He is however, the only Vikings receiver to catch a TD pass this preseason.

If he wants to get the attention he wants, he has to consistently make those grabs & not trip over his shoelaces.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

There was a certain yutz on here who kept saying that our WR corps only worked good when it had all of its pieces.

Heck, it was the same yutz who continually said the Berrian was pretty good when he was used to run 7, 8 and 9 routes, but wasn't very good trying to be used in the shorter routes when Harvin and Rice were out.

Guess what, we saw BB, Jenkins and Harvin (all 3 pieces of the WR corps) on the field for the first time this weekend with Berrian being used in the role that he is best suited to be used in, with him looking like he did pre 2009/2010.

Didnt' see the game but my guess is you saw Berrian running 7, 8 and 9 routes, Jenkins running 4, 5, 6, and 7 routes and Harvin running 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 routes with BB getting open.

Maybe that yutz was right.....:whistle:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

*thinks even a broken watch is right twice a day*... just saying's all...
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Quote Originally Posted by "BleedinPandG" #1106354
    *thinks even a broken watch is right twice a day*... just saying's all...
    LOL, well played my friend. Well played indeed.

Again, I haven't seen the game, so I'm not sure, but I even read a couple of things that said BB was actually taken 2 defenders with him on almost every route, including that one.

Been a few on here that said they would bring Moss back just to do that very same thing.:whistle:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Berrian played fairly well... he did look like he was getting Safety help over the top... I was happy to see him get some actual separation from a defender, McNabb wasn't making great throws (the TD was badly underthrown and should have been D'd).

The question with BB is simply how long til he tweaks his hammie again... we all know once he does that he's an average wideout with below average speed and no separation ability.

I'd like to see Harvin catching some more passes in the middle of the field, he didn't get targeted much by McNabb.

Also love the 3 TE set, I think we'll see some great runs and screens out of that formation. It looks just plain scary when they line it up.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Quote Originally Posted by "BleedinPandG" #1106359
    Berrian played fairly well... he did look like he was getting Safety help over the top... I was happy to see him get some actual separation from a defender, McNabb wasn't making great throws (the TD was badly underthrown and should have been D'd).

The question with BB is simply how long til he tweaks his hammie again... we all know once he does that he's an average wideout with below average speed and no separation ability.

I'd like to see Harvin catching some more passes in the middle of the field, he didn't get targeted much by McNabb.

Also love the 3 TE set, I think we'll see some great runs and screens out of that formation. It looks just plain scary when they line it up.
    Again, haven't seen the game, but the ones that I have seen have revealed that the staff has a agenda (stuff they want to work on). So far we haven't really seen them stretching the field as most of the work has been done to the short stuff.

Judging by the stat sheet, we saw 8 players have receptions that were in the double digits with respect to yardage with 2 in the 40's, 3 in the 20's and 3 in the teens.

Couple of those cats weren't on the field with the ones so I assume the backup QB's were working on the same things so the staff could look at the entire picture (QB-accuracy, RB-protection, OL-protection, WR-routes, TE-blocking/routes) when it comes to the longer stuff.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Berrian sucks so badly. I stand by that point until he gets 1000yards and 10 tds.
    We're bringing purple back.

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1106431
    Berrian sucks so badly. I stand by that point until he gets 1000yards and 10 tds.
    He's caught a grand total of 4 balls this preseason. Dropped how many? Caught a 5yd, 7yd, 15yd & a gift 49yd (it could have been easily knocked away) & Marty thinks we have a born again Bernard Berrian deep threat machine. LOL!

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I'm not a Berrian fan by any stretch of the imagination. But his chemistry with McNabb is making me a little optimistic about his upcoming season. They seem to be meshing on and off the field. He will unquestionably have some frustrating drops this year (as he always does), but he will have some big plays too. Although I seriously doubt that he will ever have 1000 yards or 10 TDs.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast