Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    313zoe is online now Starter
    Blog Entries

Forget about QBs, who would you like to see us draft?

Tha vikings can play for now let Cassel walk and sign Josh McCown wit Turner controlling tha offense he will have McCown playin good and use that first round on defense and free agency

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    QB aside... I would love to see some upgrades on D. Mack, is an awesome pass rusher, if we lose Allen, this guy is a game changer. Nix would be a great DT, great run stopper. We have needs at MLB and CB also. We have a lot of holes to fill.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Linebacker C.J. Mosley looks like a good fit. I have not set up a board, but he keeps coming up as a good value at eight. I wonder how fond this Alabama homer would be playing in TCF stadium for two seasons.

If a good cornerback slips, the Vikings may take a look in the second round.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Please, just say no to McCown.

We need, in no particular order:

QB (No explanation needed)
    RB (Going to need a backup)
    TE (late round Depth, there's a chance Carlson might not be back)
    OG (Charlie Johnson's going to be gone, our depth sucks)
    CB (Outside of Rhodes, we suck)
    SS (Outside of nobody, we suck)
    MLB (Cole looked decent, but I'd like someone to push him)
    SLB (Henderson is as good as gone. We need someone to push Hodges or Mauti, or just step in and start day 1. I don't know that Bishop will return, but I'd like him to get healthy and play at a high level)

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    I think we all agree we need a QB, and we need defense. But the league is going offense happy, so it is never a bad idea to add to our weapons on that side of the ball.

But, to get back to the guts of the thread, has anyone seen any "sleepers" in college that, Vikings needs aside, they would love to see in Purple? Cook is awesome, but I know we have greater needs elsewhere. Any RBs out there that impressed you enough to want? TEs?

I am trying to get into the draft, and have a limited sense of what is out there that our team will probably face next year, and I would love to see someone like a Keenan Allen or a Eddie Lacy before they punch us in the face.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    I think we all agree we need a QB, and we need defense. But the league is going offense happy, so it is never a bad idea to add to our weapons on that side of the ball.
    Wouldn't logic suggest the ability to defeat that offense happy league with a good defense be a good idea? The Vikings defense was almost the team's worst ever last season. There are holes to fill and upgrades to be made.

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Wouldn't logic suggest the ability to defeat that offense happy league with a good defense be a good idea? The Vikings defense was almost the team's worst ever last season. There are holes to fill and upgrades to be made.
    Well, this year's super bowl might just tell the tale. Denver went with an explosive offense with a questionable defense; Seattle is quite the opposite, minus Lynch and Wilson. They bet the farm on defense... if they can overcome Denver's attack, I submit you are correct.

But if Denver blows Seattle away... well, do you EVER expect the vikings to have a better defense than Seattle does right now?
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Well, this year's super bowl might just tell the tale. Denver went with an explosive offense with a questionable defense; Seattle is quite the opposite, minus Lynch and Wilson. They bet the farm on defense... if they can overcome Denver's attack, I submit you are correct.

But if Denver blows Seattle away... well, do you EVER expect the vikings to have a better defense than Seattle does right now?
    While I agree having a great offense can help a defense, that begs the question, do you EVER expect the Vikings to have a better offense than Denver does right now?

The Vikings had a great offense in 1998. How many rings did they get from that?

I certainly would like to see a great offense in Minnesota, but they have more gaps to fill on defense.

Of course, having a good team all around would be the goal. The Vikings need to look at the best players they can bring in on both sides of the ball.

I think we could get an absolute steal by taking Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo. The guy is a total beast!!

I also agree QB is a huge need but it isn't as pressing as we are making it. Cassel can be a band aid until we get the right guy. We have lots of other spots on Defense and the OL to improve IMO as well.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by slavinator View Post
    I think we could get an absolute steal by taking Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo. The guy is a total beast!!

I also agree QB is a huge need but it isn't as pressing as we are making it. Cassel can be a band aid until we get the right guy. We have lots of other spots on Defense and the OL to improve IMO as well.
    Mack IIRC is an OLB in a 3-4, even if he is a beast where would he fit in our D? Too small to put his hand in the dirt (5tech) and not your ideal 4-3 OLB. I am not saying don't draft him but you had better do your homework and know how you are going to use the guy. If we stay in a 4-3 I would rather have Barr (OLB) out of UCLA, he is a better match for our D and he is a beast also.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast