Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler

Forget about QBs, who would you like to see us draft?

I am getting into the mock drafts as we speak, and I am seeing a number of names I know little to nothing about; but I do see some names that I would LOVE to see the Vikings somehow acquire, regardless of need. Sooo, I figured a thread on what we as fans have seen from the college players would be an interesting diversion.

Personally, I LOVE Brandin Cook, a WR from Oregon State (my daughter goes there, so I have watched him play many games). He, in my opinon, is the reason OSU gave UofO such a hard time in the civil war, along with Stanford and the rest. He is a WR that can out-run many, gaining separation, and can "go get the ball" when the situation calls for it.

Having Patterson and Cook as wide outs, with Jennings underneath would give ANY decent QB pro bowl numbers.

Now, I do not expect to get him; but this is a dream thread, more to find out about players I may have overlooked and how they could help us as opposed to a reality based "here is what we can expect" discussion.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    I am getting into the mock drafts as we speak, and I am seeing a number of names I know little to nothing about; but I do see some names that I would LOVE to see the Vikings somehow acquire, regardless of need. Sooo, I figured a thread on what we as fans have seen from the college players would be an interesting diversion.

Personally, I LOVE Brandin Cook, a WR from Oregon State (my daughter goes there, so I have watched him play many games). He, in my opinon, is the reason OSU gave UofO such a hard time in the civil war, along with Stanford and the rest. He is a WR that can out-run many, gaining separation, and can "go get the ball" when the situation calls for it.

Having Patterson and Cook as wide outs, with Jennings underneath would give ANY decent QB pro bowl numbers.

Now, I do not expect to get him; but this is a dream thread, more to find out about players I may have overlooked and how they could help us as opposed to a reality based "here is what we can expect" discussion.
    We could easily get him if we wanted him, as of right now he is projected to go end of Round 1 or beginning of round two if he falls. Even if he doesn't fall if he is someone Spielman has targeted we could get him much like Harrison Smith two years ago or Patterson last year.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking if DBacks:
    Bradley Roby Ohio St and Zimmer might get the best out of him.
    And this guy might slip down because of size but Lamarcus Joyner Fla. St.nice grab in later round if there.
    Last edited by Lippythelion69; 01-17-2014 at 02:25 PM.
    None

313zoe is online now Starter
    Blog Entries

Tha vikings should draft Justin Gilbert CB, CJ Mosley ILB, Anthony Barr OLB think we need 1 of these player wit that 8th pick

Do you fill a need or take the best player on the board ? And if WR's I'm with the dude who started this thread Cook
    Or Evans
    Last edited by Lippythelion69; 01-17-2014 at 03:03 PM.
    None

313zoe is online now Starter
    Blog Entries

I think it to many holes on tha defense side of tha ball to use tha top pick on a WR, i say get a WR in a later round or in free agency

Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    I think it to many holes on tha defense side of tha ball to use tha top pick on a WR, i say get a WR in a later round or in free agency
    Yup...if not QB, you could justify using the top pick on any defensive position except free safety. Way too many holes to even think about WR before day 3.

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    I would love the Vikings to draft Dennard, imagine Dennard and Rhodes together, that would a sick secondary which we have not had in forever

Come on names" who "should we draft
    None

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    A franchise QB is what the Vikings need the most. If they wait until next year, they could be without a QB altogether. Hell, there is no guarantee we will even have a QB after the SB if Cassel opts to leave. There are not a lot of intriguing QB's in free agency this year, so if the Vikes have the means to get their next QB, they have to do it. Remember, the Vikings will probably go after some Bengals free agents on defense in free agency.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast