Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fontoi Trade?

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Re: Fontoi Trade?

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:
    I think it would be a good idea to get him. I also think the Vikes should take a look at getting Lavar Arrington.
    I thought about him also, but Wayyyyy too much money. I think his cap hit next year is around $12MM ... too much.

Come on guys do we really want another Redskin? I mean Fred Smoot is just the man............

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

TheViking is offline Rookie

Lavar is just the type of guy Zygi is trying to get away from. He has all the talent in the world but is not a team guy. Stay far far away from Lavar.
    One cold January morning I will wake up and be able to say holy sh** they actually won!

KY Vike is offline Starter

"TheViking" wrote:
    Lavar i just the type of guy Zygi is trying to get away from. He has all the talent in the world but is not a team guy. Stay far far away from Lavar.
    You have no clue about Lavar Arrington. Make sure you know what you are talking about before you post something. Go do some research and then come back.
    2 Most Favorite Things:
    1) Minnesota Vikings
    2) Kentucky Basketball. Yeah Baby!

TheViking is offline Rookie

"KY Vike" wrote:
    "TheViking" wrote:
    Lavar i just the type of guy Zygi is trying to get away from. He has all the talent in the world but is not a team guy. Stay far far away from Lavar.
    You have no clue about Lavar Arrington. Make sure you know what you are talking about before you post something. Go do some research and then come back.
    Really, I have no clue, ok I might not have used any proof but show me proof that he is a team guy. He doesnt like to play in the system, he is a free roaming LB who makes his own plays. He obviously doesnt want to play in the system otherwise Williams would have a LB of that talent playing each and every week. Show me proof, that he would make your team better. He didnt play last year due to injury and the Redskins had one of the best deffensive teams in the NFL. They actually ranked higher last year without Lavar then the year before when he did start. So I would say Lavar is not a team guy.
    One cold January morning I will wake up and be able to say holy sh** they actually won!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:
    I think it would be a good idea to get him. I also think the Vikes should take a look at getting Lavar Arrington.
    I thought about him also, but Wayyyyy too much money. I think his cap hit next year is around $12MM ... too much.
    I like him, but I was expecting more from him.

I hope he can turn it up a notch or 2.

Come on guys do we really want another Redskin? I mean Fred Smoot is just the man............

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i'd say it matters how much the chargers want for Fontoi, whether or not i think we should try and get Fontoi.

Thanks Josdin

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

That would be very very nice to bring him in.. Expecially if it was for cheap.. It would give us a sure starter.. I don't see us pulling the trigger on a deal though

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    O-Lineman are much needed. What would the Chargers want though? a draft pick? they sure as heck don't need a RB :lol:

If he is in the final year of his contract, why not nab him (or some other FA O-Lineman) in the offseason?
    The must have a prospect they think can fill his shoes, probably want to ditch the guy cause he will want mor money than the guy they know that can replace him.

Otherwise you don't get rid of him. I would think they would want a draft pick, maybe 2nd round??????? Probably settle for a 3rd??????

Who knows??? 4 more days and we will find out.

mewario is offline Starter

Fonoti is a great run blocker, he helped Eric Crouch become a Heisman winner, and he helped the Chargers immensely last year.

We need to be able to run the ball, I'm all for it.

He's 6'4" 350 guys. :shock:

"Chargers Insiders had Fonoti tabbed as a late first round pick. Fonoti is a dominating run blocker from the University of Nebraska. He was just the fifth player in Nebraska annals to register over 300 pancakes (knockdowns) in a career, setting the school’s all-time record with 379, topping the previous mark of 377 set by Aaron Taylor (1995-97). Fonoti also holds the school’s single-season record with 201 pancakes in 2001, topping his own 2000 mark of 155."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"His agent, Steve Feldman, has been trying to find a new home for the player, who has grown disgruntled with his one in San Diego. At this point, the Chargers would be happy to deal Fonoti, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after this season.

The two sides engaged in offseason contract discussions, but could not strike a deal.

This season, Fonoti broke his hand in practice after starting the first two games and since then, Kris Dielman has stepped in at left guard and played well, despite the penalties he drew during a Monday night loss to Pittsburgh.

It's unlikely the Chargers will be able to get much for the 6-foot-4, 350-pound Fonoti. But for any team that needs a guard -- Green Bay or Miami -- Fonoti would be an upgrade."

Hey guys, looks like they won't be able to get much.. so no 3rd rounder talk. hopefully a 5th will do the trick, he's going to be a free agent after this year anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12