Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    LunchBox is offline Rookie

Re: Fonoti to start for Liwinski

A guy that big with a groin injury...I think he'll be out a while. Herrera looked terrific out there, I think he'll be in the starting lineup from now on

Del Rio Guest

Fonoti was useless. If anyone should be sitting it should be him. Liwinski should not be deactivated. He was getting bull rushed back into Brad and he was horrendous on run blocking.

I have no idea what the hell Tice was thinking. Rosey has more holding calls this year then Liwinski has offsides.

Brain dead move. Fonoti may be good later but right now he isn't doing much for anyone but Tice.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Fonoti was useless. If anyone should be sitting it should be him. Liwinski should not be deactivated. He was getting bull rushed back into Brad and he was horrendous on run blocking.

I have no idea what the hell Tice was thinking. Rosey has more holding calls this year then Liwinski has offsides.

Brain dead move. Fonoti may be good later but right now he isn't doing much for anyone but Tice.
    I thought Herrera did a better job than T-Fon & T-Fon did OK considering the weight problem & lack of conditioning, with the exception of the play where he was pushed back into Brad.

What was your opinion on Madden's comment that the offensive line plays too close together to make holes up the middle on runs? Is there any validity to that?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Del Rio Guest

It could hold some truth.

I don't value that opinion very much though. There are teams that line up in a sort of wishbone looking formation foot to foot that are some of the best running teams in the league. Look at the Steelers.

Fact of the matter is in the NFL all you have to do is get the guys shoulder turned and it's over. There is a hole.

If I had to name one fundemental that I personallt think is hurting our run game I would have to say it is the inability of our lineman to shed onto LB's. They are all one layer blockers. They hit one guy and it's over. Some of those big runs by memo are credited to Travis Taylor for cracking on a LB or corner.

Of course I believe this is a result of the design of our run game. Over all I think Madden was talking out of his ass.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213