Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Fonoti out for rest of year

    I think we should also give him a contract because when in shape and healthy he seemed to be a dominate player in SD. I think he could be a fine OL for us.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  2. #22
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Fonoti out for rest of year

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Dunno, I think we wasted draft picks to get him. He is constantly injured.
    We didn't waste picks on him. We only gave up one 7th round pick for him.

    I say we wait to see what the off-season conditioning does for him.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #23
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Fonoti out for rest of year

    "singersp" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Dunno, I think we wasted draft picks to get him. He is constantly injured.
    We didn't waste picks on him. We only gave up one 7th round pick for him.

    I say we wait to see what the off-season conditioning does for him.
    A 7th round pick is still useful. If I recall we picked up Birk with a 7th round pick. To give up anything for a half of a game of poor play is a waste.

    Don't forget we are just assuming he will want to re-sign with us. We just as well could have waited till the end of the season to sign him. As it stands he will sign with whoever gives him the most money, and don't be surprised if it isn't us.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  4. #24
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Fonoti out for rest of year

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Dunno, I think we wasted draft picks to get him. He is constantly injured.
    We didn't waste picks on him. We only gave up one 7th round pick for him.

    I say we wait to see what the off-season conditioning does for him.
    A 7th round pick is still useful. If I recall we picked up Birk with a 7th round pick. To give up anything for a half of a game of poor play is a waste.

    Don't forget we are just assuming he will want to re-sign with us. We just as well could have waited till the end of the season to sign him. As it stands he will sign with whoever gives him the most money, and don't be surprised if it isn't us.
    Birk was actually picked in the 6th round, (173rd pick overall) but that's beside the point.

    While a 7th round pick can produce a great player (Brad Johnson was a 9th rounder) I don't think we wasted a pick at the time.

    We had know way of knowing he would pull a groin muscle & be put on the IR when we made the trade, but it is what it is.

    Looking at it from todays perspective & if we don't sign him, I can see where you're coming from.

    Had we waited until the end of the year to try & sign him we may not have got him.

    I do expect the Vikings to resign him. This statement by Tice indicates to me of that fact.

    "I would really like to work with him in the offseason," coach Mike Tice said. "I think we can do some things to help him. To put him through our offseason program and the hard training camp we run will be excellent for him. ... If you have good feet, you're big and you're smart and tough like he is, we can do wonders with a guy like that."
    If there are other teams out there trying to sign him as well & offering him good money, it shows me that other teams value his worth as well.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #25
    OregonViking is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    60

    Re: Fonoti out for rest of year

    He has had injury issues, but watch some film of him playing. He's a monster, like Pat Williams going the other direction. Imagine a Vikings running game running to the right with McKinney and Fonoti wiping out the side and Birk pulling to clear out any LBs. We won't need a Shaun Alexander. When you can open holes like the line does in Seattle, we'll have two or three backs going over 1,000 yards.

    Now, if we can only shore up the right side with the existing personnel, minus Rosenthal. Rosenthal just kills me. Roll back the tape. He is always committing the key penalty that takes away big plays. We have to replace that guy. He's a veteran and still chokes. Sorry, Mike. I don't have patience for that. So, I'd love the Vikes to take a great Right Tackle.

  6. #26
    OregonViking is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    60

    Re: Fonoti out for rest of year

    I said running Right, in the first paragraph above. I meant running Left.

  7. #27
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Fonoti out for rest of year

    "OregonViking" wrote:
    I said running Right, in the first paragraph above. I meant running Left.
    You don't have to submit a 2nd post to correct an error you made in the 1st one. Simply go back to the original post, select "edit" (it's right next to "quote") & make your correction & re-submit it.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #28
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Fonoti out for rest of year

    FONOTI is a beast,

    I think he rushed into playing to soon, his weight was to high, and just coming off an injury..

    He is the real deal, when healty an his weight is under control..

    For sure, he is a Pro-Bowl caliber player, when at his best..

    I say sign him and bring him in again next year.....Never enough GOOD O lineman.......


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Tickets for the rest of the year!!!!!
    By vikeswin2005 in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 11:23 AM
  2. Fonoti
    By RK. in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 02:00 PM
  3. Fonoti Status?
    By Turboe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 06:30 PM
  4. Fonoti
    By DiehardVikesFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 03:01 PM
  5. Losman breaks leg! out for three months or rest of year.
    By whackthepack in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 07:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •