Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fonoti

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fonoti

I still think Fonoti will be back, and better than ever..

He was a pro bowl caliber player in San Diago, till he and the team didn't see eye to eye anymore....He was injured and let himself get out of shape..

Our own D players stated, they didn't even want to practice against the beast he is...

If he's serious about his career, and playing for the Vikes, he will have to get into shape and stay that way. If he does, we would be foolish not to sign him.........Would make a great guard on the left side, giving us one of the strongest left sides on O in the league...

Just my 2 cents worth...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

if we sign up foley? for our pro personal position...it is likely Fonoti will get at least a back up role and will be back... since he has history with him at San Dieago.

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    if we sign up foley? for our pro personal position...it is likely Fonoti will get at least a back up role and will be back... since he has history with him at San Dieago.
    I would respectfully disagree with this. I think that his days would be numbered in purple and gold if Foley is signed. They got rid of him in SD for a reason. I think they gave up on him. I would imagine that his days are numbered in MN if Foley is indeed signed.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I agree with the above statement by MnFan
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler

I would like to think Fonoti will be in shape to give it another go. With him on the line, it would force more of the pressure to come from the outside and give our QB more time. He also has the capability to open some big holes for the running game.

I also hope he comes back,we need SIZE on the oline!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Fonoti would be a great addition to the o-line if he can get his weight problem straightened out. I hear he may have a bit a of bi-polar disorder also, which may play a part on his weight a bit.

He was named All-Pro a couple of years ago, and it's harder to achieve that distinction than it is to make the Pro Bowl itself.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

kennbry is offline Waterboy

"MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:
    "PAvikesfan" wrote:
    I would respectfully disagree with this. I think that his days would be numbered in purple and gold if Foley is signed. They got rid of him in SD for a reason. I think they gave up on him. I would imagine that his days are numbered in MN if Foley is indeed signed.

They didn't give up on him.
    He was injured, they were happy with his replacement and he was a free agent this off-season. They took what they could get for him at the time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123