Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Foley will sue Vikings

"vike_mike" wrote:
    Some places don't have union access. My old job didn't. It was Japanese owned. What a suprise there. If you were to mention union, they would physically throw you out. Anyway, I believe that is what he deserves.
    I know some places don't all I am saying is that if you worked for a company that did (like I do) chances are yes you would get to go to arbitration.

That's all

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

For the sake of God lets be done with this..

Del Rio Guest

It has caused me so much grief. I can't sleep, I can't eat.....having this happen has been hell......

lol

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

Sorry it might sound like I am arguing with you, I am not.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

WHO'S FOLEY??????????????

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Del Rio Guest

"vike_mike" wrote:
    Sorry it might sound like I am arguing with you, I am not.
    Same here, I'm not arguing with you either. You asked a question I gave an answer that is all.

No big deal.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

can the vikings sue for a 3rd round draft pick ?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=18px]Foley hearing today
    [/size]
    By: Viking Update Staff

Date: May 25, 2006

The relationship between the Vikings and Fran Foley came to an abrupt end little more than a month ago. Today, both representatives of the Vikings and Foley will meet with an arbitrator to explain their sides of the story with almost $1 million at stake.

The relationship between the Vikings and former vice president of player personnel Fran Foley lasted less time than Eminem's most recent marriage and ended on just about as ugly of terms. In a case of "he said, they said," Foley and the Vikings will have their day in court (sort of) today.

An arbitrator for the NFL will hear the Foley grievance against the Vikings today, as he lays out his case that the Vikings guaranteed him a three-year contract worth $1 million.

The Vikings tried to work out a settlement with Foley after last month's draft, but, according to sources, the team's offer was a fraction of the total amount. Foley and his agent denied a buy-out, saying that Foley would have been content to stay with the Chargers, where he had worked the last several years without any public incident.

The Vikings, however, tell a much different story -- one of a man who was increasingly difficult to deal with. Reports of Foley berating underlings at Winter Park all the way up to heated confrontations with head coach Brad Childress have made the rounds, painting Foley as a person that did not have the people skills necessary to handle the position to which he was hired.

In the end, the arbitrator likely won't rule so much on the personnel issues as on the letter of the law from the contract the Vikings signed with Foley. If there isn't an "out" clause due to the responsibilities Foley would have with his new position, the Vikings will likely lose the case. What the contentious actions will likely boil down to is whether the Vikings in fact guaranteed all of Foley's money. If that is how the language is written -- much like the poison pill language put in Steve Hutchinson's contract -- the arbitrator may have no alternative than to award Foley his full compensation package.

There is no official timetable set for when a ruling will be made, but it is expected within two weeks.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Posted on Fri, May. 26, 2006
    St. Paul Pioneer Press

[size=18px]Foley dispute kept private[/size]

Little news comes out of pre-arbitration call

Staff and news service reports

Until further notice, the dispute between the Vikings and fired vice president of player personnel Fran Foley apparently will play out in private.

That was the only news that came out of Thursday's pre-arbitration conference call involving Vikings vice president of operations and legal counsel Kevin Warren; Foley's attorney, Jeffrey Kessler; and NFL special counsel Jay Moyer, the arbitrator in the case.

"The parties and the league have agreed not to make any further comment at this time," Kessler said, declining to say even if an arbitration hearing date was set. "I can't tell you anything more."

Warren wasn't any more enlightening.

"For purposes of confidentiality, all parties involved have agreed not to comment on details of this matter at this time," he said.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said, "We'll have no further comment until there's some resolution."

Kessler contends that Foley was wrongfully terminated on May 3, three months into a three-year contract, and deserves full compensation for his $1 million-plus contract, as well as "additional damages." The Vikings claim he was fired for cause.

Kessler commenced the arbitration process May 5 when he filed a complaint with the NFL office. The Vikings delivered their written response Monday.

World honors: Vikings wide receiver Aaron Hosack and cornerback Ronyell Whitaker were named to the All-NFL Europe team.

— Don Seeholzer

Foley dispute kept private

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | Team reaches settlement with former VP Foley
    Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:50:45 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Minnesota Vikings reached a settlement Wednesday, Aug. 23, with former vice president of player personnel Fran Foley. Financial terms of the settlement remained confidential, although Foley's lawyer, Jeffrey Kessler, said his client was happy with the outcome. "Fran Foley and the Vikings have reached an amicable settlement," said Kessler. "Fran is very happy to put this matter behind him and move on with his NFL career."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast