Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Foley finagled a bedrock draft

Personally I like Jackson and I LOVEEEEEEE Cedric (straight comment fo sho)

And I think Cook will be good this year.. If he starts.. He is growing.. Not as fast as some like.. But he has the same struggles Big Mac had

I would take these 3 over Cutler anyday

Watch Jackson and Cook not pan out this year though haha

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

That draft was a shambles imo.
    Because of the fact they traded up to get TJ when they could have taken him when they drafted Cook.
    Cook would have still been there later in the second round.
    It wasn't so much the players.
    That I can live with.
    It was more the unnecessary trading to get there.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"ejmat" wrote:
    Because of the fact they traded up to get TJ when they could have taken him when they drafted Cook.
    That I can live with.
    You're talking about the same staff that traded for such marque names as Kelly Holcomb, Brooks Bollinger and Sage Rosenfells. They don't know what they're doing.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

V4L

Jackson was rising alot.. I don't know if we had to trade up in the second to get him.. But oh well.. we would have had another no name probably wit that pick anyway

Cedric went about where he should have.. he is a second round talent.. And has been playing like a 1st

Cook was like wow really? Idk if he was rising on draft boards.. but I bet we coulda got him in the 3rd.. Was Cook really that big of a need where we needed to reach into the second round to grab him?

Otherwise it was a solid draft

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V4L" wrote:
    Jackson was rising alot.. I don't know if we had to trade up in the second to get him.. But oh well.. we would have had another no name probably wit that pick anyway

Cedric went about where he should have.. he is a second round talent.. And has been playing like a 1st

Cook was like wow really? Idk if he was rising on draft boards.. but I bet we coulda got him in the 3rd.. Was Cook really that big of a need where we needed to reach into the second round to grab him?

My point is that they wouldn't have had to pick Jackson if they would have used at least 2, possibly 3 picks on Cutler and still got everyone else except the LB (Who didn't play that year anyway).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

My point is that they wouldn't have had to pick Jackson if they would have used at least 2, possibly 3 picks on Cutler and still got everyone else except the LB (Who didn't play that year anyway).

We maybe could have

Depends if that team was willing to deal the pick or not

Or if we were sold on Cutler or not

Chilly wanted a guy with all the tools to develop (accurate, strong arm, running ability)

He saw that in jackson and I can't be mad about that

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

We maybe could have

Chilly wanted a guy with all the tools to develop (accurate, strong arm, running ability)

Actually if TJ's stock was rising so much they could have drafted him where they drafted Cook and then drafted Cook later without giving up the draft picks.
    If they really wanted TJ that is fine.
    It was how they obtained him that I had a problem with.

V4L

That's what I was saying

We could have had an extra pick.. Who knows if he would have made the team anyway... Doesn't bug me

"C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    That I can live with.
    You're talking about the same staff that traded for such marque names as Kelly Holcomb, Brooks Bollinger and Sage Rosenfells. They don't know what they're doing.

I am not sure what any of what you mentioned has to do with how they obtained TJ.
    Point taken on the Bollinger and Holcomb but less you forget their options at those times were limited.
    We can start that whole thing up again but we all beat that horse to death already.
    I think you need to give Sage a chance before you put him in the category of Bollinger and Holcomb.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

We maybe could have

He also say it in Cutler and Clemens.
    Remember, we had all 3 of them in for workouts as well as went to them.

Again, I still contend we settled on the 3rd option cause we missed the first 2.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast