Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Foley finagled a bedrock draft

Former Vikings personnel boss Fran Foley only lasted a few months on the job, but his 2006 draft produced some solid starters. His personnel touch has proved to be better than his personal touch.

http://min.scout.com/2/853833.html

I hack on this yutz alot, mostly related to how he goofed the first 3 picks, however,......Hell, no way I can put a positive spin on that draft.......

That yutz could have got Cutler with a mix of the first 3 picks and still got Cook, Griff in the later rounds were they were projected.

Long story short, Only thing that saved that draft was Scott Studwell and his scouts. No way that yutz could miss with the talent Scott had lined up even if he did take most of them way to high, which IMHO was the nail in his coffin, so to speak..... :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Foley finagled a bedrock draft

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Former Vikings personnel boss Fran Foley only lasted a few months on the job, but his 2006 draft produced some solid starters. His personnel touch has proved to be better than his personal touch.

I hack on this yutz alot, mostly related to how he goofed the first 3 picks, however,......Hell, no way I can put a positive spin on that draft.......

That yutz could have got Cutler with a mix of the first 3 picks and still got Cook, Griff in the later rounds were they were projected.

Long story short, Only thing that saved that draft was Scott Studwell and his scouts. No way that yutz could miss with the talent Scott had lined up even if he did take most of them way to high, which IMHO was the nail in his coffin, so to speak..... :
    Marrdro the myth-maker strikes again.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=
    Say what you will, however, they were in discussions with Denver for the pick and didn't pull it off.

Packaging our first and at least one of our seconds and a later round pick would have landed us Cutler.

Cook and Griff were projected to go much later than they did.

Not sure how that can be called a myth.
    Maybe just speculation.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=
    Say what you will, however, they were in discussions with Denver for the pick and didn't pull it off.

Packaging our first and at least one of our seconds and a later round pick would have landed us Cutler.

Maybe just speculation.

;D

Maybe they felt giving up most of your draft for 1 unproven QB wasn't worth it?

Or maybe Denver didn't really want to part with the pick

Never the less if they wouldn't take just a 1st and 2nd there is no way I would give more then that to jump up a few spots

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=

Maybe just speculation.

;D

Never the less if they wouldn't take just a 1st and 2nd there is no way I would give more then that to jump up a few spots
    If I remember correctly, denver traded up to get that pick, they never had it initially.
    We could have traded up instead.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=

Maybe just speculation.

;D

If I remember correctly, denver traded up to get that pick, they never had it initially.
    I'm convinced that they traded up for the sole purpose of getting in front of the Vikings since they knew we would be targeting QB in that draft and Cutler was the obvious choice.

V4L

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=

Maybe just speculation.

;D

You are right!!

So im not so sure we were in discussions with Denver like Marr was saying

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=

Maybe just speculation.

;D

That is what I remember too.

V4L

Can't really say Foley "screwed the pooch" here

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=

Maybe just speculation.

;D

You are correct.
    They gave up their 15th and 68th overall to the Rams.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast