Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate

Welcome Viking fans. Youíre just in time to play ďThe Viking Blame Game. Itís so easy to do, everyone is playing. Itís fun for the entire family. What a minute, you donít know how to play the Viking Blame Game? Here how to play. Use Monday nights loss to the Bears as the playing field, then simply point a finger at who you believe deserves to be blamed for the loss.

The rest of the article can be read here.
    Vikings Lose To Bears In OT 36-30
    Or you can simply continue reading below. BUT BE WARNED VIKING FANS. IT IS NOT A WARM AND FUZZY ARTICLE SO DON'T BLAME ME.

Let me start for you, and then you just follow in behind me.
    Head coach, Brad Childress. Youíre to blame for the loss. (See how easy that is!) (You can score more points if you give a reason why blame is to be had) Childress knew Antoine Winfield was not 100% back from his foot injury, and yet, he allowed him to play. The results of that decision, Winfield got burned repeatedly for long pass plays and several touchdowns including the 40 yard game winner in overtime.

No, Adrian Peterson is to blame. He always fumbles the ball. Just like last night, in overtime, he catches a pass and runs for a first down but right before he gets tackled, the ball is stripped out of his hands, (Arguably the strongest hands in the NFL) and falls to the turf recovered by the Bears. The results, two plays later Cutler throws a 40 yard TD pass covered by Winfield to win the game.

No, Petersonís is not to blame. Itís the running back coach. He should have from season one trained Peterson to hold the ball in a more secure fashion. Teach him how to cover it up in traffic and when contact is initiated. He should have reminded him as he was running out to the huddle during overtime that the Bears are going to try to strip him of the ball.

No, you got it all wrong. Ryan Longwell is to blame for the loss. He missed an extra point which would have given the Vikings a 31-30 edge and no overtime. Plus Longwell had one of the worst nights at kickoffs. He never got one past the 20 yard line allowing the returner to give the Bears excellent field position. And on the one kickoff, Longwell didnít even attempt to tackle the Bear returner.

Placeholder and punter Kluwe is to blame. He botched a simple extra point hold and netted a 15 yard punt allowing the Bears excellent field position.

Although Longwell kicked poorly, he wasnít to blame. Special teams was to blame. They were lousy last night allowing massive kick return yardage setting up the Bears offense on a short field.

It wasnít special teams. It was Ben Leber. Heís to blame! He dropped two interceptions thrown right to him that would have turned the game around and stop the Bears from driving and give the Vikings good field position.

If youíre looking to point fingers at who is to blame. It falls squarely on Jasper Brinkley. He got called for a stupid penalty and couldnít cover the Bears tight end allowing him to score a TD and key first downs.

Well, the blame starts up front. The offensive line. LT McKinnie is playing like he wishes he were in Miami, not at the Super Bowl, but on vacation, soaking up rays on the beach.

And Loadholt, he got that stupid holding penalty nullifying Harvinís catch and run to the 15 yard line for a first down. Instead, the Vikings punted eliminating a scoring drive. Loadholt is to blame.

Now wait just a darn tootin minute. What about Favre. He fumbled the ball last night. At a critical time. Heís to blame.

Why blame just one player. The entire defensive line played lousy. They only had one sack. The Vikings lead the NFL in sacks and they only got one sack on Cutler.

Donít forget about Reynaud, punt returner. He let plenty of returnable punts hit the turf and roll off valuable yardage instead of catching and running. He is to blame for the loss.

The refereeís are to blame. They cheated last night. They were holding Sidney Rice on pass plays, roughed Favre, face-masked Peterson, hit Peterson out-of-bounds, and not one of those penalties were called. The refís had it out for the Vikings and they controlled the game and they are to blame for the loss.

The announcers jinxed the Vikings last night and they are to blame. They showed a stat that Favre is 0-42 in comebacks when the team is down by 17 points. If they didnít show that stat, the Vikings would have won.

Zygi Wilf is to blame along with the Minnesota legislature. Wilf should have some how got a new open air stadium completed three years ago so the Vikings would be more prepared playing in cold weather.

I blame Dennis Green because he took a knee in 1998. Shit rolled downhill from then. Toss in Randy Moss and Daunte Culpepper just because.

I blame the economy and president Obama for not bailing the Vikings out offering them tax credit money to build a new stadium. If the banks of America and auto industry can secure billions upon billions of dollars in loans, whatís a paltry 900 million?

The Vikings played themselves right out of the playoff bye week. Instead, the Saints secured home field throughout and now the Vikings do not control their own destiny. They must now beat the Giants and hope the Cowboys beat the Eagles. Thatís pathetic. While other teams are peaking, the Vikings have shot their wad and packed it in. Three losses in the last four games. If the Vikings thought Chicago was cold in December, they ainít gonna like Philadelphia in January. If they even get that far.

Nothing is easy when you are a Viking fan. A few weeks ago we were all thinking home field, bye week, super bowl. Today, very solemn. Visions of how the Jets and Favre collapsed in December last year and how itís happening to the Vikings this year. Visions of Peterson continuing his fumbling. Childress continuing his Napoleon complex. The Eagles routing the Vikings in last years playoff game.

In effect, the Vikings have no one to blame but themselves. From ownership on down. No one play, or player, or game is to blame.

I think Michael Stipe from R.E.M. sums up the Viking season so far when he sangÖ.

If you could see yourself now, baby
    Itís not my fault
    You used to be so in control
    Youíre going to roll right over this one
    Just roll me over, let me go
    Youíre laying blame
    Take this as no, no, no

You bang, bang, bang, bang, bang,
    Blame, blame, blame
    Itís not my thing so let it go

If you could see yourself now baby,
    The tables have turned
    The whole world hinges on your swings
    Your secret life of indiscreet discretions
    Iíd turn the screw and leave the screen,
    Donít point your finger,
    You know thatís not my thing

You came to bang, bang, bang, bang, bang,
    Blame, blame, blame
    Itís not my thing so let it go, now

Youíve got a little worry,
    I know it all too well,
    Iíve got your number,
    But so does every kiss-and-tell
    Who dares to cross your threshold,
    Or happens on your way,
    Stop laying blame
    You know thatís not my thing

SKOL VIKINGS!

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate

I love this game.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

I bet it's everyone's favorite today.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Your article sums up every fan site ever created. I can't wait to point fingers this offseason. I need the season to finish before I put the point of death into effect.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

No, you got it all wrong. Ryan Longwell is to blame for the loss. He missed an extra point which would have given the Vikings a 31-30 edge and no overtime. Plus Longwell had one of the worst nights at kickoffs. He never got one past the 20 yard line allowing the returner to give the Bears excellent field position. And on the one kickoff, Longwell didnít even attempt to tackle the Bear returner.
    No way you can hack on Shortwell, didn't you hear, it was coollllllllddddddd. LOL.

It was the Ball Boys fault. He didn't warm the balls up for Shortwell on KO's and FG attempts........
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    No way you can hack on Shortwell, didn't you hear, it was coollllllllddddddd. LOL.

It was the Ball Boys fault. He didn't warm the balls up for Shortwell on KO's and FG attempts........
    You know what, Marty, you can be a real ass sometimes.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

There is so much blame to go around. Look at the brightside, we have Tarvaris Jackson or a rookie QB to look forward to. :S

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=
    All in good fun my friend. Nothing personel, I just suck at being funny.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=
    Compared to you being an ass all the time? That's the only reason you have more in common with the suppressed or 'old' marrdro.

Prophet wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=
    Compared to you being an ass all the time? That's the only reason you have more in common with the suppressed or 'old' marrdro.
    See, Prophet knows how to be funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast