FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Florio and Pereira bitching about Vikings

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/12/pereira-addresses-illegal-forward-pass-

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/12/non-call-on-peterson-helmet-removal-frustrates-pereira/

These morons are clearly blind as Peterson was on the white stripe out of the field of play when he took off his helmet.

If that counts as on the field Pereira should be hit with calls from every WR who has ever had a catch or TD taken away because the white line counts as on the field now.

>
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Florio and Pereira bitching about Vikings

Damn, the NFL is still pissed when we beat the packers. I am pretty surprised they didn't use more officiating to dictate that the Packers would win the game. Maybe Wilf paid them more than the packers this time.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I've been on PFT most of the morning.
    The funny part is that Pereira agrees completely with the safety call but questions the no call on the helmet.
    To be honest I agree with him.
    But Florio takes it waaaay further, saying at one point that the Vikings win is as tainted as Denver's week 2 win.

He fails to realize that kicking off from 15 yards deeper does NOT equate to being 15 yards closer when they kick the field goal.
    The kick off would likely have been different (squib?), the GB playcalling would have been more conservative (if that is possible), etc.
    The refs didn't hand the game to the Vikigns by not flagging that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Yeah, I've been on PFT most of the morning.
    The funny part is that Pereira agrees completely with the safety call but questions the no call on the helmet.
    To be honest I agree with him.
    But Florio takes it waaaay further, saying at one point that the Vikings win is as tainted as Denver's week 2 win.

He fails to realize that kicking off from 15 yards deeper does NOT equate to being 15 yards closer when they kick the field goal.
    The kick off would likely have been different (squib?), the GB playcalling would have been more conservative (if that is possible), etc.
    The refs didn't hand the game to the Vikigns by not flagging that.
    Florio knows controversy increases traffic and he is doing his best to keep things clicking.

Pereira is a tool.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Firstly it's a BS rule, secondly if Pereira has problems with the officiating then do something about - especially when he's in a position to do so.
    We had him leading the zebras crews out a couple of years ago as he felt they weren't paid enough for what they did. Now he whines when, in his opinion, they don't do the job properly.... joker !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Chuck Taylor is offline Training Camp

"FuadFan" wrote:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/12/pereira-addresses-illegal-forward-pass-

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/12/non-call-on-peterson-helmet-removal-frustrates-pereira/

These morons are clearly blind as Peterson was on the white stripe out of the field of play when he took off his helmet.

If that counts as on the field Pereira should be hit with calls from every WR who has ever had a catch or TD taken away because the white line counts as on the field now.

>
    I wholeheartedly concur.

AD was on the sideline of the endzone when he took off his helmet.

The rule is complete BS anyways and I think you gotta use a little common sense in this case. It had nothing to do with unsportsmanlike conduct, AD wasn't taunting anyone, so it was a correct call not flaggin' him.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Chuck" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:

>
    I wholeheartedly concur.

AD was on the sideline of the endzone when he took off his helmet.

The rule is complete BS anyways and I think you gotta use a little common sense in this case. It had nothing to do with unsportsmanlike conduct, AD wasn't taunting anyone, so it was a correct call not flaggin' him.

+1

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I believe referees have some discretion on unsportsmanlike conduct calls... I guess Florio doesn't realize that.

And to basically say officiating won us the game is absolutely ridiculous.

If anyone was lucky it was the Packers.... lucky to even be in the game, look at the box score.

Lucky for Driver to get the ball batted right into his hands to even put them in position to kick that long field goal.

And they call us lucky for not getting a call on Peterson(who outgained their entire team might I add) for taking his helmet off in a completely sportsmanlike way, while off of the field of play is completely absurd.

Bitch bitch bitch, we won, I get it national media, everyone loves the Packers.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]NFL: Vikings should have been penalized when Adrian Peterson took off helmet after late TD[/size]

NFL: Peterson should have been flagged

By Sean Jensen
    [email protected]

Article Launched: 11/13/2008 12:01:00 AM CST

The Vikings apparently got away with one.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]The helmet controversy[/size]

November 11th, 2008 – 7:28 PM

by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

First off, I have to admit I have not received even one e-mail about running back Adrian Peterson’s decision to take his helmet off in situations that could have gotten him penalized in the Vikings’ victory over Green Bay on Sunday.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"