Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PurpleReign is offline Rookie

Flip flop Clay and EJ?

PA and Dubay were bantering this about this morning:

They said that EJ and Claiborne should swap positions. EJ is very good at blitzing the QB with his speed, and Clay is big enough to play middle.

I think that would be something worth experimenting with next mini-camp or training camp. Anyone else?

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Flip flop Clay and EJ?

I say let's try to do it now.....Claiborne was supposed to play middle when we signed him...but we picked up Biekert and moved him to where he is now

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Flip flop Clay and EJ?

No we had biekert before CC. That was crocket who was playing middle. EJ, is a true middle LB and his biggest weakness to date is pass coverage, moving him to the outside would make him more dependable in the passing game, not saying that he wont improve but he's built for the Middle of a defense. CC played well in the middle while in Detroit but keep him outside, he plays well there and EJ is improving in the middle, so why tweak it. EJ's big bodied frame needs to be the middle of our defense. I would put my bank account on it that they wont even attempt to make the move.

The only defensive position switch that i see is B Will to saftey but thats probably a big if.

parsongeorge is offline Starter

Flip flop Clay and EJ?

"vikingstw" wrote:
    No we had biekert before CC. That was crocket who was playing middle. EJ, is a true middle LB and his biggest weakness to date is pass coverage, moving him to the outside would make him more dependable in the passing game, not saying that he wont improve but he's built for the Middle of a defense. CC played well in the middle while in Detroit but keep him outside, he plays well there and EJ is improving in the middle, so why tweak it. EJ's big bodied frame needs to be the middle of our defense. I would put my bank account on it that they wont even attempt to make the move.

The only defensive position switch that i see is B Will to saftey but thats probably a big if.
    Yeah, but he's still a dumbass. Haven't seen to many middle linebackers choke like him this year.
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

Flip flop Clay and EJ?

Whatever dude, he's in the pros as a starting MLB making he bling while your at your house sitting on your coach watching him play. He's there for a reason. I dont see you out there.

PurpleReign is offline Rookie

Flip flop Clay and EJ?

Haha....touche! Well struck burn!

Seriously, EJ makes mistakes a lot, but he also makes huge plays too. he just needs more consistancy playing basically the 2nd hardest position in football, after QB.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Flip flop Clay and EJ?

"PurpleReign" wrote:

Seriously, EJ makes mistakes a lot, but he also makes huge plays too. he just needs more consistancy playing basically the 2nd hardest position in football, after QB.
    There's a difference between a mistake and BLOWING A GAME. He blew the game vs. Indy and now vs. GB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Flip flop Clay and EJ?

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "PurpleReign" wrote:

There's a difference between a mistake and BLOWING A GAME. He blew the game vs. Indy and now vs. GB
    Your holding EJ accountable for the whole game?

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Flip flop Clay and EJ?

EJ played middle in college, and a little in Detroit and it is his natural position. Worth a shot...at this point it couldn't hurt.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Flip flop Clay and EJ?

It will not fix the problem, either way EJ and Claborne are gonna be on the field at the same time, switching positions does nothing but confuse EJ even more, moving him out of the middle(wheres he never been) and plugging him on the outside to learn a new position is not a good idea. Leave it be, people are way to hard on EJ, hes 23 years old in a new definsive for the second year in a row. We're gonna have to learn to be patient with him. I promise it will pay off in the end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast