Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flea Flicker?

Flea Flicker?

Can anyone explain to me why the Vikes don't use the flea flicker, especially considering AP is in the backfield? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have never seen that play this year, and given the players and variables, I think it would work nicely.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

TheVike1 is offline Rookie

Re: Flea Flicker?

i think we have him and CT who can throw it down foeld as wella as others We ll see today time to throw everything in!!!!!!!
    "It's all in God's hands" R E Lee 7/3/1863

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Chiller....nuff said
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I believe they have used it a few times in the first 2 seasons, but you cannot keep trying it or teams will make you pay. Maybe today is the day this year.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Anything outside or a run or a roll-out pass is too complicated for Childress and his staff.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

We would fumble it.
    We're bringing purple back.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I wouldn't doubt we'll see a few creative plays today.
    I'd like to see the fleaflicker, I think we have the perfect RB and WR for it, and a QB with a good enough arm, the only question is will our pass protection hold up if they send a disguised blitz on the play we try it.
    I do think, however, that we'll see Rice, and possibly Chester Taylor, with a pass attempt today.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"battleaxe4cheese" wrote:
    Can anyone explain to me why the Vikes don't use the flea flicker, especially considering AP is in the backfield? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have never seen that play this year, and given the players and variables, I think it would work nicely.
    if you got that idea from watching the cardinals game, keep in mind that we don't have a freak of nature like Fitzgerald to go up and bail out the qb from a throw in double coverage.
    TJ isn't as accurate as Warner, and with our lack of a top tier WR, that same throw would likely be a pick for us.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    if you got that idea from watching the cardinals game, keep in mind that we don't have a freak of nature like Fitzgerald to go up and bail out the qb from a throw in double coverage.
    TJ isn't as accurate as Warner, and with our lack of a top tier WR, that same throw would likely be a pick for us.
    That's a terrible way to look at things. Many would say the same thing about a WR pass and that one worked great last year against the GMEN. With anything we have to be commited to it. I think we can run any plays but we are a conservative offense. Besides I believe we can win simply but going hat on hat and running the ball.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    That's a terrible way to look at things. Many would say the same thing about a WR pass and that one worked great last year against the GMEN. With anything we have to be commited to it. I think we can run any plays but we are a conservative offense. Besides I believe we can win simply but going hat on hat and running the ball.
    well, rather than dismissing it, look at the facts.
    We do NOT have a reciever near Fitzgeralds ability.
    The closest to his size/jumping ability is RIce, but I don't see him involved much at all.
    TJ has never been known for being terribly accurate, and if you look back to that play, if warner put the ball anywhere except that exact spot, it would have been a pick or an overthrow.
    TJ still hasn't shown he can make that kind of throw.

granted, I think the defense might bite a little bit more with AD instead of Edgerrin james, but probably not by much, this isn't like high school or college ball, even the worst players are still very very good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast