Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flacco

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Flacco

Is anyone interested in Joe Flacco.
    He is a free Agent at the end of this year.
    A considerable upgrade to Ponder.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Flacco

No

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Flacco, to me, seems like a guy who is what he is, and won't ever be anything more.

In short, if you want a QB who will be a solid, stable presence on the field, Flacco is that guy.

If you want a QB who will take the team and DRIVE them, Flacco isn't.

Don't get me wrong, he's a GOOD QB...he's also a proven QB.

But he's not the guy I'd turn the team over to and say, "Make magic happen".

I'm not saying Ponder is that guy either, but we already have him, and Flacco will cost a lot of $$ to put us in roughly the same position we're already in.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Flacco, to me, seems like a guy who is what he is, and won't ever be anything more.

In short, if you want a QB who will be a solid, stable presence on the field, Flacco is that guy.

If you want a QB who will take the team and DRIVE them, Flacco isn't.

Don't get me wrong, he's a GOOD QB...he's also a proven QB.

But he's not the guy I'd turn the team over to and say, "Make magic happen".

I'm not saying Ponder is that guy either, but we already have him, and Flacco will cost a lot of $$ to put us in roughly the same position we're already in.

Caine
    I think he is a lot better than Ponder.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    If you like the deep ball, Flacco is your guy. He has attempted more throws over 20 yards (17.7%) than anyone else in the league.

Also might have the strongest arm in the game today. I usually see him mentioned in a group with guys like Stafford, Cutler, Vick, and Cam Newton. He hasn't shown he can elevate his team when it counts the most, the rarest skill of all. Hmmm..nobody on the current strong arm list has shown that?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Flacco does intrigue me, but he will be expensive. Good free agent QB's are so rare, that 10-15 teams will be bidding on this guy. He will get huge money, despite what he is worth.

Flacco has a huge arm, but something to keep in mind, is his whole career he has not had to be relied on to carry a team. He's been a more than adaquate game manager, while relying on their perrenial top-5 defense and reliable run/short game.

Also, keep in mind, the Ravens are a dropped pass away from having been in the superbowl last year instead of New England. That's not Flacco's fault.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Flacco does intrigue me, but he will be expensive. Good free agent QB's are so rare, that 10-15 teams will be bidding on this guy. He will get huge money, despite what he is worth.

Flacco has a huge arm, but something to keep in mind, is his whole career he has not had to be relied on to carry a team. He's been a more than adaquate game manager, while relying on their perrenial top-5 defense and reliable run/short game.

Also, keep in mind, the Ravens are a dropped pass away from having been in the superbowl last year instead of New England. That's not Flacco's fault.
    Yea, I doubt we will even be in the running. With all the coaching vacancies on teams with shitty QB's, these are the guys who will be trying the hardest to get a guy like him. I'd be surprised if Baltimore lets him go though.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Yea, I doubt we will even be in the running. With all the coaching vacancies on teams with shitty QB's, these are the guys who will be trying the hardest to get a guy like him. I'd be surprised if Baltimore lets him go though.
    They may franchise him.
    I think he is a talented QB. Is he Brady or Manning? Probably not but he is damn close... top 10 I think. He basically a Matthew Stafford, Ryan, Shaub, Rivers type QB. Good enough to win a title with some help. When you pair him with Peterson, he should be able to deliver passes with that cannon of an arm. Young QB with real talent. Baltimore's defense isn't close ot being that good anymore and yet they are still in the thick of things. Also, he is used to playing against some of the better defenses in the league (Pitt and Bengals 2x) and is a proven winner in tough games. I don't remember him missing many games. I think there are only about 4 Qbs that can make their team better.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Would gladly take him on the Vikings without question. Pretty sure Baltimore will franchise him however
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    think there are only about 4 Qbs that can make their team better.
    Does Vick make the cut?

(sorry, just had to)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast