Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,857

    Fixing the Vikings by trading AP

    We have all heard the rants of perceived crazy people that say that trading AP is one way the Vikings could become better. At first I looked at the lunatics with disgust because Adrian is a once in a lifetime player. However, the more I have given it thought, the more it makes sense. Look, we are not going to get a Herschel Walker type trade for AP but it is possible that we can get 2 first rounders and a 3rd for him from a team like the Broncos, Pats or Saints. With Peterson we are not going anywhere as this team looks like a train wreck. Lets gut it and start over correctly.

    I saw we:
    Trade Peterson for a 1st this year and next year.
    Resign Toby Gerhart to a modest 4 year contract (4 years/ 22 million)
    If we are in the top 3 places in the draft we...
    Draft one of the top 3 Qbs and make damn sure he's a franchise guy.
    Ha Ha Dix or another Corner
    Address LB like the Kid from Buffalo (KHALIL MACK)
    or

    If we are outside the top 3
    Draft Nix or Clowney (depending on scouting) to pair him with Floyd.
    Draft Ha Ha Dix or another Corner
    Address QB in start of 2nd with starter who fell out of first (Dalton or Wilson type guy)


    What do you guys think

  2. #2
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    We have all heard the rants of perceived crazy people that say that trading AP is one way the Vikings could become better. At first I looked at the lunatics with disgust because Adrian is a once in a lifetime player. However, the more I have given it thought, the more it makes sense. Look, we are not going to get a Herschel Walker type trade for AP but it is possible that we can get 2 first rounders and a 3rd for him from a team like the Broncos, Pats or Saints. With Peterson we are not going anywhere as this team looks like a train wreck. Lets gut it and start over correctly.

    I saw we:
    Trade Peterson for a 1st this year and next year.
    Resign Toby Gerhart to a modest 4 year contract (4 years/ 22 million)
    If we are in the top 3 places in the draft we...
    Draft one of the top 3 Qbs and make damn sure he's a franchise guy.
    Ha Ha Dix or another Corner
    Address LB like the Kid from Buffalo (KHALIL MACK)
    or

    If we are outside the top 3
    Draft Nix or Clowney (depending on scouting) to pair him with Floyd.
    Draft Ha Ha Dix or another Corner
    Address QB in start of 2nd with starter who fell out of first (Dalton or Wilson type guy)


    What do you guys think
    The issue is we are not getting two firsts for AP.

    Think about it.

    28 year old RB, one year into a $100 million contract, with an already torn ACL. Nobody is going to trade huge for that,especially cap-tight teams like the Broncos or Pats.

    More likely scenario:
    Allen and KW go, freeing up almost $20 mil in cap space.
    Sign a guy like Jairus Byrd to play alongside Smith, Sign a decent FA guard. Draft a QB, LB, CB, DT.

    Our D would look good as:

    -------------------------Byrd-----------Smith

    Cook/Robinson-------Greenway ------Erin ------Draft---------------------Rhodes

    ---------------Griffen-----Evans/Draft----Floyd-----Robison

  3. #3
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2
    Or better yet,transition to 3-4



    -------------------Byrd---------Smith

    ----------Griffen -----Erin-------Chad------Robison
    Cook/JR-----------------------------------------------Rhodes
    --------------Floyd-----Evans/Draft/FA---Guion

    Without Allen and KW, we've got the talent,without the committment to players that don't fit to make the switch.

    If there's no good NT available in the draft, Ryan Pickett is slated to be a FA to help with the transition until we can draft our own guy
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 11-21-2013 at 01:43 PM.

  4. #4
    purplehelmut's Avatar
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central WV
    Posts
    416
    Not going to get enough for AD, he's our best player, fans love him, and we can get better without the trade. Look at KC- a few tweaks and they're in the mix after a miserable last season.

  5. #5
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,857
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Or better yet,transition to 3-4



    -------------------Byrd---------Smith

    ----------Griffen -----Erin-------Chad------Robison
    Cook/JR-----------------------------------------------Rhodes
    --------------Floyd-----Evans/Draft/FA---Guion

    Without Allen and KW, we've got the talent,without the committment to players that don't fit to make the switch.

    If there's no good NT available in the draft, Ryan Pickett is slated to be a FA to help with the transition until we can draft our own guy
    I'm al for the change to the 3-4. However, we don't have enough linebackers
    Erin is below average. We need 1 more LBs (Cole or Manti may be)
    Drafting Nix at NT would be huge.

    I believe AD would net us 2 draft picks. Why because teams do not absorb the entire contract when a player is traded. I believe teams become only responsible for the salary and not the guaranteed money. Too lazy to check the contract but 6 years @ 50 million is going to be pretty attractive for many teams. I'm sure Manning would take a pay cut to get a back of AP's abilities.

  6. #6
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,857
    Also no way we resign Cook. He's the definition of JAG. Still sitting at 0 ints in 4 years. How is that possible?

  7. #7
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,735
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Also no way we resign Cook. He's the definition of JAG. Still sitting at 0 ints in 4 years. How is that possible?
    You make it sound like he's played in 64 games when he's appear in less than half that number, in 2 years he played in 12 games and started 8......that and he probably has the hand eye coordination of Troy Williamson
    Last edited by vikinggreg; 11-21-2013 at 10:16 PM.

  8. #8
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,444
    I have a better idea. How about we just don't win any more games and get a top 3 QB to compliment AP?

    WWBGD

  9. #9
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I have a better idea. How about we just don't win any more games and get a top 3 QB to compliment AP?
    Take 1 QB with our 1st pick & another QB within the first 4 rounds of the draft & hope one of them pans out. I don't think we should be keeping more than 1 QB from this years QB's.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #10
    PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Jersey Shore, Twitter - @pinfante97
    Posts
    134
    Toby is terrible. I cant wait til he is gone. We need to draft a 3rd down back in the mold of chester taylor. He was mr 3rd down. We lost alot when he left. Nobody seems to realize that.

    We should of spent our money on Reggie Bush instead of greg jennings. He would of been a nice compliment to adrian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •