Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Five Years Later: Korey Stringer

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I can't believe it's been 5 years already, wow.

R.I.P. Korey.
    No kidding. Seemed like 3 years ago.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I can't believe it's been 5 years already, wow.

R.I.P. Korey.
    No kidding. Seemed like 3 years ago.
    5 yrs.? Can't be, it was the year before last, wasn't it? Dang I'm getting old!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

R.I.P., K-String! We miss ya!
    -Sno

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

this part of the first article i hadnt actually seen on TV at the time..

Shortly after midnight that evening, the worst-case scenario came true. Korey Stringer was dead. The following day, Dennis Green and some selected players addressed the media. Green, a typically stoic public speaker, fought back tears. Cris Carter wept openly. Randy Moss, who had recently signed a megabuck contract and was viewed as a team leader, collapsed in grief at the podium over his best friend on the team.

that would have been something to see.. at the time i was young and didnt watch the vikes as closely.. would have brought a lot more reality to the situation seeing how badly it impacted these men

R.I.P. Korey, you havnt and won't be forgotten by the true viking fans

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I have a lot of sympathy for Mrs. Stringer for losing her husband and father of her son but its hard to support her actions. I hope I don't sound callous because her story is a sad one and a tragedy that touched a lot of people. I agree with NodakP that it may help her to try to lose her anger and I hope she does something positive with his name.

One thing that stuck out to me is that she never paid the money that the judged ordered her to pay for court costs. Its ironic that she went there seeking money from them and would have accepted it, but when the same person who she hoped would award her with cash decreed that she pay, she ignored it. I don't have any ill-will toward her but it bothers me because her inaction says to me that she sees the courts as a means of personal gain but won't own up when it doesn't go her way. I'm glad the to see the Vikings aren't collecting.

[color=red]

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I was a really big Stringer fan and there isn't a month that goes by the Mike Morris (former long snapper) on his morning show doesn't reference a Stringer comedy routine that took place. Stringer was the soul of the team and made everyone laugh and eased the tension in the locker room. Stringers favorite movie was Dumb and Dumber and Morris said he could recite every line of the movie.

We miss you big String and its terrible that he isn't around to see his young family grow old!
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

yeah, i dont support her actions either, she just wanted as much as she could from his death, as much as i feel for her, the way she handled it is wrong

you damn well that the vikings will take care of her with out having to sue over it

and sueing Riddel now? come on

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Part of me is always saddened when I think of Korey. And part of me is both saddened and angered when I hear anything about Kelci. She will never be able to get past Korey's death until she accepts it. And she won't be able to accept it while she is still insistent on blaming somebody for it...
    It takes a long time for people to get over a loved ones death, and sometimes they never do.

It doesn't seem like it could be 5 years, I remeber it like it was yesterday.
    R.I.P #77

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12