Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Five post-lockout plays for the Vikings

Play No. 1: Make Sure What Veteran Free Agents You Want to Keep Play No. 2: Do What Is Needed to Keep Rice
    Play No. 3: Find a Veteran QB
    Play No. 4: Address the Defensive Line
    Play No. 5: Get Ready to Spend
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Five post-lockout plays for the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100049
    Play No. 1: Make Sure What Veteran Free Agents You Want to Keep Play No. 2: Do What Is Needed to Keep Rice
    Not the most thought provoking list....

No. 1: Make Sure What Veteran Free Agents You Want to Keep Play - Ummm...can you say, "Duh"? FA's that don't play are called dead weight. We don't really need dead weight. We had one at QB for 5 years.

No. 2: Do What Is Needed to Keep Rice - Why? They say later, "His injury history – missing time with various injuries in three of his four seasons – is eclipsed by his breakout 2009 season in which he became one of the dominant receivers in the League". Wow, another guy who wants to throw tons of cash at the guy after ONE good season. How insightful. How deep thinking.

How predictable.

No. 3: Find a Veteran QB Again...."Duh". Although claiming that Webb is the future is a bit of a stretch. Regardless if it's a starter or a clipboard holder who will be in Ponder's ear, we will sign a Vet QB.

No. 4: Address the Defensive Line - Where does he come up with these? What insight!!!

:S

What about the Secondary? What about the LB's? Addressing the front 4 has been beaten to death. And, while true, may not weigh as heavily as addressing the O-Line...which he leaves off his list.

No. 5: Get Ready to Spend - The final "Duh" moment. All teams spend in FA...except Green Bay. With the needs we have, if we are going to be competitive right now, we have to spend. But, again, this is a rather obvious statement.

Maybe I'm just in a sour mood, but I don't think much of this article. The writer is simply rehashing old talking points without adding anything new or putting in any seriously compelling twists.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100056
    The writer is simply rehashing old talking points without adding anything new or putting in any seriously compelling twists.

Caine
    I should have posted the same article (close to it) on Bleacher Report........:P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100060
    The writer is simply rehashing old talking points without adding anything new or putting in any seriously compelling twists.

Caine
    I should have posted the same article (close to it) on Bleacher Report........:P
    This one was right up there with the BR BS.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100065
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100060

Caine
    This one was right up there with the BR BS.

Caine
    Pickings are slim my friend. Not much out there to stimulate a good discussion thats for sure.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

No. 1: Make Sure What Veteran Free Agents You Want to Keep Play - Ummm...can you say, "Duh"? FA's that don't play are called dead weight. We don't really need dead weight. We had one at QB for 5 years.

No. 2: Do What Is Needed to Keep Rice - Why? They say later, "His injury history – missing time with various injuries in three of his four seasons – is eclipsed by his breakout 2009 season in which he became one of the dominant receivers in the League". Wow, another guy who wants to throw tons of cash at the guy after ONE good season. How insightful. How deep thinking.

How predictable.

No. 3: Find a Veteran QB Again...."Duh". Although claiming that Webb is the future is a bit of a stretch. Regardless if it's a starter or a clipboard holder who will be in Ponder's ear, we will sign a Vet QB.

No. 4: Address the Defensive Line - Where does he come up with these? What insight!!!

What about the Secondary? What about the LB's? Addressing the front 4 has been beaten to death. And, while true, may not weigh as heavily as addressing the O-Line...which he leaves off his list.

No. 5: Get Ready to Spend - The final "Duh" moment. All teams spend in FA...except Green Bay. With the needs we have, if we are going to be competitive right now, we have to spend. But, again, this is a rather obvious statement.

Maybe I'm just in a sour mood, but I don't think much of this article. The writer is simply rehashing old talking points without adding anything new or putting in any seriously compelling twists.

Caine
    Pretty much falls into the 'tellin' us shit that we already know' category of journalism.

I keep waiting for some real news such as, 'Zygi Wilf will wrestle a bear at half time', or 'One lucky fan will be selected to wrestle a couple cheerleaders at half time'.

Not much to get excited about during a lockout.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1100074

How predictable.

Caine
    Pretty much falls into the 'tellin' us shit that we already know' category of journalism.

I keep waiting for some real news such as, 'Zygi Wilf will wrestle a bear at half time', or 'One lucky fan will be selected to wrestle a couple cheerleaders at half time'.

Marrdro's allergic to real news...

...something about how it shoots the crap out of all of his baseless theories....

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100076

How predictable.

Caine

...something about how it shoots the crap out of all of his baseless theories....

Caine
    Hah, you know I will post articles that refute my opinions. Do it all the time.

Try again.

Not much to get excited about during a lockout
    Well said Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100080

How predictable.

Caine

Caine
    Hah, you know I will post articles that refute my opinions. Do it all the time.

Try again.
    BR BS doesn't count.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

How predictable.

Caine

Caine
    Five Qualities of a Marrdroism.
    1. Impossible to prove or disprove.
    2. Redundant to the degree that 50% of PP.O members will accept it as fact within 6 months, even if blatently irrational and borderline psychotic.
    3. Rigid as Sarah Palin.
    4. Devoid of historical precedence.
    5. Paucity or lack of significant factual reference.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast