Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: In first year, Childress hasn't adjusted or impressed

What's up with everyone calling him "Chiller"? I don't understand it.

Childress hasn't impressed me, but I like what Tomlin has done.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    Childress hasn't impressed me, but I like what Tomlin has done.
    We forced, I believe, 1 punt last week vs. the Jets. Um, I think that he's got a long way to go before I jump on that bandwagon.

well, not everything obviously, but in general I like some of the stuff he's done
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Bob Sansevere owes me some coin for the time I wasted reading that garbage.
    The jury is still out on Childress.
    It's also funny that the same folks that are claiming 'at least Childress is smart enough to play Tarvaris now to see what he's got' are also the same people that give Childress no credit for helping get Tarvaris up to snuff in a relatively short amount of time......even if it is a forced start due to BJ underperforming and Bollinger being maimed.
    Anyone that thinks they can call a coach successful or unsuccessful during their rookie season needs to take a short-course on critical thinking.
    Sansevere is beyond reproach, his last sentence is so idiotic that he should take a paycut for however much it cost for the ink and paper that it was written on.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"Acumen" wrote:
    It's also funny that the same folks that are claiming 'at least Childress is smart enough to play Tarvaris now to see what he's got' are also the same people that give Childress no credit for helping get Tarvaris up to snuff in a relatively short amount of time......even if it is a forced start due to BJ underperforming and Bollinger being maimed.
    Anyone that thinks they can call a coach successful or unsuccessful during their rookie season needs to take a short-course on critical thinking.
    Sansevere is beyond reproach, his last sentence is so idiotic that he should take a paycut for however much it cost for the ink and paper that it was written on.
    Sansevere is a crotchety complainer who happens to have a newspaper column. How he has managed to keep this job is beyond me. What he writes is pedestrian trash. In fact, the shallowness of his insights rival those of preofessional football announcers. I figure he has a job because the pioneer press gets to claim the salary they pay sansevere as a charitable tax deduction.
    Then again, the pioneer press has been a fourth rate lackluster publication as of late, a fitting place for a so-called journalist such as Bob Sansevere.

purple_wolf is offline Waterboy

The only thing i don't like about bc is that he doesn't freely share info, but i don't blame him when just about every sports jurnalist seems like there against him.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    Sansevere is a crotchety complainer who happens to have a newspaper column. How he has managed to keep this job is beyond me. What he writes is pedestrian trash. In fact, the shallowness of his insights rival those of preofessional football announcers. I figure he has a job because the pioneer press gets to claim the salary they pay sansevere as a charitable tax deduction.
    Then again, the pioneer press has been a fourth rate lackluster publication as of late, a fitting place for a so-called journalist such as Bob Sansevere.
    Those are two well written and pretty damn accurate posts.

tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler

I think he has adjusted some as the season has progressed.
    It seems like he has tried to open the offense up because defenses are stacking the line.
    But the tools he has haven't performed up to expectations.
    We still have a chance to go 8-8 and for a first year coach starting a new system, that really isn't terrible.

Guruzen is offline Starter

Childress? An offensive coordinator? What a JOKE!

I've been very patient with Childress but after seeing him totally butcher our once "High Octane" offense into a super conservative dink and dunk has really ticked me off. There are offensive coaches out there doing a lot more with much less than what we've got.

People will argue that we're close in every game but that's only because we can't move the ball and everybody knows it so they too will play it safe knowing eventually they will wear down our defense.

Childress' "system" is not a system... it is a SHELL that we crawl into to avoid turnovers. For him, 3 and out every series is ok as long as we don't turn it over... that sickens me... you can't win without taking risks... high risk = high reward. I know I will be crucified for these statements but I just have to get off my chest the fact that we will NEVER be successful in such a conservative system. We'll be in many close games but we will never make that next step. Childress needs to let go and take some chances!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast