Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: In first year, Childress hasn't adjusted or impressed

I am not giving up on Childress after 1 season either, but I am getting very sick of this conservative approach that is his game plan.. I understand that it is the basis of the WCO, but this is getting pathetic..

The only person on the team that looks like a spitting image of the WCO is Chester Taylor.. That guy has been like a saving grace for us Viking fans.. Last season with BJ was a different story.. He supposedly thrived under the WCO, but did much better in the offense we had last season.. It was a mistake keeping him as our QB this season..

Also, keeping Tice around was not going to happen.. This guy is naive to the fact that it wasn't based so much on his football skills, as it was his image.. Wilf had stated many of times that he was turning the face of this franchise.. When your HC gets busted for scalping his SB tickets, then something has to give..

Sure it is understandable that we wouldn't reach the 9-7 that we were last season.. We have all new coaches, alot of new players, and all new systems here.. When you look at all of the talent we have on this team, it's just that we expect more as fans of the team.. Hopefully next season they can get it together..

spikecyrus is offline Rookie

i really wish we could resolve the penalty issues, i hate going backwards in drives. im not giving up on coach childress only in his first year but with all the disapinary actions he has taken to improve the structure of the team one would think that it would carry over to the feild. i guess there not spitting and personal fou penanties so its not that bad.

i will like coach childress even more if we beat the packers this week

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Steve Hutchinson and Chester Taylor were fine acquisitions, but Childress whiffed on several positions. He should have upgraded at wide receiver instead of counting on Koren Robinson. You don't count on a guy who is a screw-up away from a one-year suspension. Also, with all that money at his disposal, Childress should have acquired a defensive end who specializes in tormenting quarterbacks.
    It sure is nice to say, "should have done this.." after it's all happened and you have the opportunity to survey the situation.

This article is terrible.

They also have failed to be disciplined. They lead the league in penalties.
    geez, you really are imaginative with that you jackass.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

Most of that article is "could of, would of, should of" BS, I do agree that leading the league in penalties is pretty ridiculous for a head coach who calls himself a disciplinarian.
    Hopefully it's just learning a new system and the flags will go down next year.
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

I think the conservative play calling is Childress trying to play to the strengths of the team, not that he is a bad play caller or predicable. Phillys offense was never this conservative and he was the offensive coordinator. He didnt call the plays but he would draw up the game plan for Andy Reid to use. The facts are that BJ didnt have an arm to throw deep, or the legs to move around like McNabb did. So Childress had to develop plans based on dink and dunk passing and a heavy run game. No I think Childress can shed this conservative notion by using Tarvaris to pass more and do some bootlegging plays. He might start out with more runs just to get TJ used to the flow of the game, but the play calling should be radically different now that theres a QB that is mobile and has an arm to throw down the field.

spikecyrus is offline Rookie

really what it boils down to is wins and losses right now we have seen our fair share of L s but if.......if we were winning we would think hes a genius. I hope our winning percentage goes up. hopefully it can start now.

Toro is offline Rookie

I agree with the article.

This last 8 game stretch has been absolutely brutal.

However, its too early to give up on the Chiller.

But so far, IMO, as a football coach (all other crap aside)

Tice > Childress.
    "This is a kick-ass offense" - BC

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

The article is laughable at best, vomit at worst, and just to push a few buttons, anyone who thinks that after one season, Tice is a better head coach that Childress needs some serious psychiatric help.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I'm pretty happy with what childress has done so far. Maybe I'm a realist so I was expecting the team to go 9-7. Well we can end up 8-8, but most of the losses this year have been execution issues by the players more than coaching.

I agree that Childress's play-calling was very poor at the beginning of the season but I honestly think it has started visibly improving over the last 4 games. Childress offense has been handcuffed by a sub-par recieving corps and declining play from QB. He invested in the run and we have one of the top running games in the league. But when your QB accounts for 66% of your turnovers there is no way in hell that you're going to win many games.

The biggest thing for me is that the off-field issues are under control. I can take abuse for the team playing a lousy game, but I've got no reply for jabs on off-field stuff.

I like the fact that he (with the organization) locked up EJ, Dugan and Bryant (though Bryant has to live up to the pay check). Give the man a competent QB and WR corps next year and then judge him.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

On a scale of 1-10 so far, Childres gets a 5 in my book.

Poor play calls, relying on BJ to start the season, and stubborness have all made me rate him low.

However, getting Chester, drafting Tarvaris, and getting Hutch have all made me at least give him a 5.

He really hasn't done anything overly impressive though.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast