Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

First win for the Vikings?

Come this Friday, Christmas Eve, Vikes and slackers play at 3 pm EST.
    Plenty of hype on both sides. Should be a good game. Good matchups, hard hitting, big plays.

That aside, I think this is "Thee" pivotal game for the Vikings. Not just because if they win they are the NFCN champs, or are in the playoffs, but for a different reason.

If the Vikings win Friday, (And they will) it will be the first time they beat a team with a winning record this season.

This game is Mike tice' shining moment in Viking lore. More is at stake than just the playoffs. If Tice loses, more than likely more fans will begin a chant to remove him as head caoch and cause adversity amoung the ranks.

With that said, Vikes should score 40 plus points Friday. Moss will have three TD catches, over 200 yards receiving, and Pepper will have over 70 yards rushing along with 425 passing yards.

And so it begins, the quest, it will be glorious......

LOTGK

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Wrong, the Jacksonville Jaguars have a winning record 8-6.

Texans had a winning record when we beat them, so did Tennesse! And somebody else that I can not think of right now!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

Actually when we played the Titans they were 2-5 and we were 5-1

When we played the Texans they were 2-3 and we were 3-1

Technically you can't look at the records at the end of the season and say well you beat them in week 2 but they have a losing record now. Maybe that loss to us threw them into a downward spiral?

Besides in the NFC this year out of 16 teams 11 have below .500 marks LOL

3 are sitting a little above .500 and only 2 have a solid winning record. So really I think that is a Moot point.

Furthermore who cares if you beat teams with winning records? How many of those wins in their records came from beating teams with losing record.....................it just got deep. :shock:

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:

Technically you can't look at the records at the end of the season and say well you beat them in week 2 but they have a losing record now. Maybe that loss to us threw them into a downward spiral?

3 are sitting a little above .500 and only 2 have a solid winning record. So really I think that is a Moot point.

Furthermore who cares if you beat teams with winning records? How many of those wins in their records came from beating teams with losing record.....................it just got deep. :shock:

Thanks for the correction Del Rio, spoke before I checked the facts, again!

But Jacksonville has a winning record, and just beat the Pack!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Wrong, the Jacksonville Jaguars have a winning record 8-6.

Texans had a winning record when we beat them, so did Tennesse! And somebody else that I can not think of right now!
    Weren't they 5-6 when we played them?

From the NFL score section. Jags were actually 6-5 playing the Vikes. I transposed the numbers from 6-5 to 5-6.

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Final 1 2 3 4 T
    Jacksonville (6-5-0) 0 13 0 3 16
    Minnesota (7-4-0) « 3 10 7 7 27

JAC: B. Leftwich (19-34, 235), F. Taylor (22-147)
    MIN: D. Culpepper (19-27, 235), O. Smith (20-72)

GameCenter: Recap · Game Stats · Full Play-by-Play
    GameCenter: Gamebook

"Del Rio" wrote:

Who cares about beating teams with winning records?!!!!
    I do. For those are the teams the Vikes will face in the playoffs. And if we don't get the confidence this friday in beating a playoff team such as the packers, then when will we get it?

Just look at the odds of low seeded teams advancing. Yes, some have gone all the way to the superbowl, but the odds are that they will lose, and lose early in the playoffs.

That is why Fridays game is pivotal. Not only beat an arch rival, but claim the NFCN crown as well and prove that the Vikings can beat a playoff team which the packers are right now.

Big confidence booster. So I care about the Vikings beating teams with winning records.

Del Rio Guest

I could care less about beating teams with winning records it doesn't mean anything to me at all.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

All I know is that no matter who we play..when we get to the playoffs noone will want to play US....that for shigidy sho!

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I could care less about beating teams with winning records it doesn't mean anything to me at all.
    No, it wouldn't mean anything to you. Or me. We are the fans. But it does give the confidence boost to the team if they beat a playoff team like the packers who have a winning record.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast