Meldo24 is offline Waterboy

First Vikings game

hey all my wige and I or going to our first game against the cowboys. My question is where to go before the game I know tailgating goes on but what time do people start the party and where.
    None

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: First Vikings game

Skol and welcome to PP.O!!

The Cowboys game will be a great game to go to. Good choice.

PP.O tailgates in the SE corner of Purple Lot 1, literally a football throw away from the dome. There will be a thread with info about the tailgate party as the date gets closer. The time that people get there is a little fluid, usually anywhere from 8 to 10. There is the plaza right across the street too, where there will be live bands, concessions, etc.

Are you local, or are you traveling in for the game? Let us know and we can offer some tips to make the gameday awesome!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:First Vikings game

Meldo24 wrote:
    hey all my wige and I or going to our first game against the cowboys. My question is where to go before the game I know tailgating goes on but what time do people start the party and where.
    PPO will be tailgating in the shadow of the Dome starting at 6am. Please join in the fun.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Thanks guys no im not local by any means we live in Nebraska, we will kinda be taking in the whole weekend up there. Ive been looking for hotels and stuff like that does anybody have any idea on hotels close to the stadium and if so can you get me some numbers LOL!!!! I went thru the Vikes website and found just 4 close to the stadium. We are pretty pumped!!!!! for the PPO tailgateing do we need anything as far as like a ticket or anything like that??
    None

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

You will have a blast. A PPO tailgate is lots of fun. Great people. We took in our first last year, and will be taking in many more this year now that we have season tickets.

We are close to the dome, and usually there is plenty of food and drinks, so you dont have to worry too much.

Can't buy off sale on Sunday, so keep that in mind if you want to bring something of your own. Otherwise, there is typically plenty to go around.

Keep an eye for the tailgate threads. They will give you idea of people who will be there, and get a chance to start learning some names.

Welcome to the site.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

It's right across from the light rail.. Easy to get to unless you are completely smashed

Always a fun time.. Everyone welcomes everyone like they have been tailgating for years

Been on the site for like 6-8 and tailgating for 3 or 4.. Always have had a blast and there is always people there to greet you and have a cold brew waiting

You live in Nebraska so I wouldn't worry about bringing anything besides a ticket..

Since you live outta the way I might suggest a motel by the mall of america and taking a light rail ride down to the dome.. Depends how you feel about driving around downtown and what not

Either way you should be able to find a resonable price and should have a great time tailgating.. Im pretty sure i'll be there so it'll be 10X more fun HEHE

I know we have our countdown on we will be leaving early early saturday morning my wife wants to take in mall of America then we got game sunday then leaving monday it will be a quick trip but we dont wanna leave our daughter very long with relative LOL!!!! I think we are gonna stay as close to the satdium as possible, every hotel I have looked at is round 100 to 150 per night so oh well I am not really worried bout it.
    None

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Everything you need to know about attending a Vikings game is somewhere on this site, You just have to find it.
    We're bringing purple back.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would recommend staying at a hotel down at the Mall of America. That way you can see the mall with the wife on Saturday, and then Sunday morning, leave the car at the hotel, and take the light rail from the Mall to the Dome. This way you won't have to pay for parking downtown, and you don't have to worry about traffic out of the city after the game. The hotels are cheaper, there is more to do, and you will already be south of the city after you get back to the MOA, so you will be on your way. The drawback is the rail is VERY crowded after the game, and it will take you an hour just to get back. But that just means an extra hour to let the beer wear off.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

:laugh: i will keeep that one in mind
    None