wv__viking__fan is offline Starter

First trip to the dome, won't be my last.

Guys I just got home to West Virginia and I have to tell you, I'm jealous of you guys that get to go to all the home games. I had the most incredible time this weekend. The atmosphere was great. I was so excited before the team was introduced, that I had tears in my eyes. Singing Skol Vikings with you guys was great. I didn't get to meet any of you guys, but we walked all over the area before the game and talked to alot of nice people. Hung out where the players came in and got some good pics. I can't wait to make my next trip. I knew that Vikings fans were awsome, but I couldn't have imagined it was like it was live. Keep cheering them on, I'll be doing the same from the couch. Maybe think of WV_Viking_Fan once and awhile while singing Skol Vikings, I'll be singing with you from WV.
    Let s Go Mountaineers!

Awesome I hope someday to make a trip to the dome. Its sounds unreal.

2fat4uVike is offline Rookie

Thanks WV on the fans, atmosphere, and don't forget the loudness factor. of all the games I've gone to, the 1 thing I hate is the "Toiletdome" itself. I've been lucky enough to get tickets for at least 1 home game, through work, for the last 10+ seasons, and finally I said to myself "no more". My wife has asked why I don't get tickets anymore, I say because the tickets have been spoken for, the truth... I hate the "Toiletdome", small seats, small corridors, small and not enough *cough*cowtroughs*toilets*cough* just not fan friendly building, although the atmosphere of the fans is something you have to be there to appreciate. Thanks again for the kind words wv_viking_fan
    We need a new stadium bad :angryfire: :angryfire:

VIKING FANS ROCK :thumbleft:
    088676aa021b660e4a867e020ba397cf

HELP ME Mr. Wizard I don't want to miss a game in the DOME

WV & 2F4UV man no matter how bad the lack of things are it sounds wonderfull to hear the kind of life that is there in the Dome...
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Be lucky you have even been to a vikings game. SOme people on here have yet to see a vikings game live or at the metrodome. :angryfire:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: First trip to the dome, won't be my last.

"wv__viking__fan" wrote:
    Guys I just got home to West Virginia and I have to tell you, I'm jealous of you guys that get to go to all the home games. I had the most incredible time this weekend. The atmosphere was great. I was so excited before the team was introduced, that I had tears in my eyes. Singing Skol Vikings with you guys was great. I didn't get to meet any of you guys, but we walked all over the area before the game and talked to alot of nice people. Hung out where the players came in and got some good pics. I can't wait to make my next trip. I knew that Vikings fans were awsome, but I couldn't have imagined it was like it was live. Keep cheering them on, I'll be doing the same from the couch. Maybe think of WV_Viking_Fan once and awhile while singing Skol Vikings, I'll be singing with you from WV.
    Know how you feel WV, I was like that when I went to my first game at the Dome back in 2000. Trying to describe the atmosphere does not do it justice and you only realise what it's really like when you go there yourself.
    I love the introduction with the video on the Jumbotron of the Viking Longship coming into the Twin Cities, that and the music gets me all pumped up for the game !!
    I'm getting all excited now just thinking of this and still have to wait another 5 weeks before I get to go !! :cheers:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

[b]Just think I have season tickets, but being that my job in TExas went tits up I cant afford to go to them...... :angryfire:
    I d rather have a FLAMING CASES OF HERPES than be a CHEESEHEAD!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"wv__viking__fan" wrote:
    I didn't get to meet any of you guys,
    I know I've seen some of you at the game, but who would know? Ya know, we should have an official Purplepride Patch that we can wear to identify posters on this site. I'd pay $5 - $10 for one. Alright, stupid idea.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Man, anglo you are making me very jealous right now. :angryfire: lmao. :lol:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"SKOL" wrote:
    "wv__viking__fan" wrote:
    I didn't get to meet any of you guys,
    I know I've seen some of you at the game, but who would know? Ya know, we should have an official Purplepride Patch that we can wear to identify posters on this site. I'd pay $5 - $10 for one. Alright, stupid idea.
    No sounds like a great idea - what do you reckon Webby ??
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...